Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may work if our batter didn’t see it fall off an not do anything about it….He knew it was gone before it was protested.
Yet since it was placed does not negate the bats prior approval. That would place the stickiness responsibility on the batter.

Yet since it was placed does not negate the bats prior approval. That would place the stickiness responsibility on the batter.
Bats are not allowed to be used unless it has that sticker…. That’s the rule…. There is no way around it…. Honcho said he knew it made the bat illegal…. When it fell off…. They should have reported it to see if they could get it added back on.

Bats are not allowed to be used unless it has that sticker…. That’s the rule…. There is no way around it…. Honcho said he knew it made the bat illegal…. When it fell off…. They should have reported it to see if they could get it added back on.
This would make a good courtroom drama, perry Mason vs matlock in a princess bride kind-of way
Rob-Reiner.-The-Princess-Bride.-Trio-at-the-picnic-.jpg

I think I remember that they vandy, gave us the stickers to place after approval. My hypothesis is, they peeled them back , sprinkled an imperceptible amount of dust under them, then placed them back on the card for us with a minimum amount of stickiness, which we might as well make the VN word of the day now

The TWSS gif is going to be used today, isn't it.

I believe SEC officials are supposed to put the post-inspection stickers on the bats with a team representative present. I'm sure a simple process that has been in place for years will become a "thing" now. It will be blamed on UT, but the same thing happened to Auburn earlier in the week, though that incident was basically a non-issue. Maybe they need to check those "tamper-proof" stickers?

Stickiness @Glitch
Do it
jimmy-fallon-ew.gif

twss.gif

Eh, as LA pointed out it's a minor thing. Tony V pulls the team aside "if a sticker falls off, grab a bat with one."

I think the annoying part is we're not the first team it's happened to, and they took the run down in game. It happened, it got handled and that should be the end of it. Hasn't been cause the Vols are the program every ESPN talking head wants to stir drama with. Part of that is it sells, our fanbase is massive and very active.

LNS improvements are a massive reno, including enhanced amenities and fan experience improvements, as well as increased capacity and premium upgrades. UT has gone through several rounds of donor input, but it's really Tony V's vision, and UT is giving him what he wants-- playing up the "intimacy" of the stadium to make it a more electric environment. The goal is to maximize the home-field advantage within the footprint, creating a raucous environment that makes LNS a tough place for opponents to play and an exciting close-in environment for the Vols.

The budget also includes an indoor practice facility, workout space and other SA amenities that are "world-class." There are new dorms and other amenities planned under a separate budget. The plan is to be the best, not the biggest, emphasizing player development and recruiting by providing the best facilities and the best fan environment to attract the best athletes. UT is already selling this to recruits without final plans.

This is a multi-year, multi-phase project that will have to go through numerous renderings and multiple levels of approvals and planning commissions. The budget was approved by the board, but there are many hurdles to go. Everybody would like to see it move faster, but there are a lot of parties involved and red tape to work through. Donors are pretty excited, money is coming in and Tony V is happy to see his vision take shape. It's a good time for UT baseball.
Good to see you post, LA. Hope you and yours are doing well.

You are a complete loser if you gatekeep Vols baseball now that they're good. Hell I'll take all the Bama football/Kentucky basketball fans. We have the makes of a team that people will bandwagon bc they're fun.

What was our average attendance a few years ago when we couldn't even qualify for the SEC tournament? How was the home environment? Are there really dumbasses out there that think the #1 team in the nation should be completely ignored by everyone who wasn't watching us lose every series we played back in 2017? If so, those people are idiots.

Also...I'll say this about the national anthem protesting.

1. It's not so easy to just "leave" if ya don't like our country, so that's a pretty dumb thing to say. I get it you can love your country but also want to make it better. Telling people that want to do things to improve the country to "just leave" is ignorant. Not that simple, never that simple and people who don't like Mexico are trying to leave all the time and we see how that's treated.

BUT, even in saying that if you're someone that has "fame" like a celebrity or athlete. Someone with a bit of a platform, kneeling or refusing to be present for an anthem isn't in anyway shape or form doing ANYTHING to further your cause. At least Colin has gone on to do more. The majority of these athletes are jumping on a bandwagon and aren't actually doing anything else. Not putting any real time or money into the cause. Plenty of charities and organizations that exist that could use more than you kneeling for a 3 minute song cause if that's all you're doing then it doesn't help anything.

And "raise awareness" don't keep the lights on, or pay legal fees, or feed mouths.
If only money could fix these sorts of issues...but I don't see that happening. *Just* as an analogy, civil rights weren't won with money, but with dialogue, awareness, protest, and mostly understanding by the broader society. (Granted some bit of organizing can be helpful and sometimes takes a little money, but many other forms of organizing don't...money doesn't hurt...but not at the root of fixture imo).

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Weekend #1...

Ole Miss underestimated this team. Got raced.

Next weekend...

Andy didn't pay attention to Ole Miss getting raced and thought they were gonna handle this team. Had their secret weapon, The Whistler, out there to intimidate the Vols. Got handled three games in a row.

Sounds more like the Vols are the ones doing the humbling.

Seems like the Vols just show up and play baseball, while the rest of the college baseball world keeps underestimating them. Keep it up BaseVols.
27-1 feels good man

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back