Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. If the game of baseball can humble this team and its fanbase, then so be it. We’ll stand humbled.

In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy the season, and these kids sure as h*ll have earned the right to have a bit of pride in their accomplishments.
I think we've been living in "the humbling" for the last 15 years. Not scared by that anymore. Experienced at it.

I'll admit I was indifferent before Vitello, followed from afar off but not excited about it. But I needed this and didnt even know it. Hell, I deserve it after this decade of darkness

I admit, outside of football I don't care much. But I can't deny loving how the athletic department is doing as a whole. What is good for baseball and basketball is good for football as well. The recent success has got me sucked in to liking our other sports. Go Vols

Normally I agree with this. I'm in favor of sportsmanship. But TN didn't start the crap with Vandy, Ole Miss, or with Arkansas from last year for that matter. Ole Miss was saying the crap about us not being that good, couldn't hit in a big park like theirs, and that they underestimated us. Vandy pulled the crap with the bat checking. The Arkansas coach continually talks bad about us and Tony V.

We're the villains because we've been made out to be the villains not due to anything we have actually done. This team has embraced it. So as long as they aren't doing anything over the top directed at the other team or coach, I'm all for it. Checking your own bat and wearing a "daddy" hat isn't poor sportsmanship.
It’s the “Unwritten Rules of Baseball” types leaking out their colostomy bags over anything resembling fresh personality that threatens their artificial dignity. 😒

Normally I agree with this. I'm in favor of sportsmanship. But TN didn't start the crap with Vandy, Ole Miss, or with Arkansas from last year for that matter. Ole Miss was saying the crap about us not being that good, couldn't hit in a big park like theirs, and that they underestimated us. Vandy pulled the crap with the bat checking. The Arkansas coach continually talks bad about us and Tony V.

We're the villains because we've been made out to be the villains not due to anything we have actually done. This team has embraced it. So as long as they aren't doing anything over the top directed at the other team or coach, I'm all for it. Checking your own bat and wearing a "daddy" hat isn't poor sportsmanship.

Yep. Which is exactly what each coaching staff in all Vol sports should be doing. Giving the kids reasonable boundaries, but allowing them the opportunity to have fun and express themselves. These are sport games - not military operations and exercises. They should be fun and entertaining - not boring and painful. The only way to get out of the losing is to be innovative and have a program that attracts talented kids that enjoy doing what you promote doing. Look what Voltello and Anderson did in the reload from a year ago. A pre-season AA cannot even get into the starting rotation now that he is healthy.

Great time to be a Vol. From Boyd down to White down to the coaches all understand this. Just keep working and heading in the same direction. Synergy being what it is and all. The more people that follow and start understanding the beauty of America's pastime the better.

Now build the best dang collegiate ball park in America and watch Vol nation fill it no matter the opponent every single game while singing Rocky Top and having a big time with family and friends. Spring time on The Hill is already special, add this to the mix and watch it carry over to the fall and "Football time in Tennessee!"

The sleeping giant is awakening.

LNS improvements are a massive reno, including enhanced amenities and fan experience improvements, as well as increased capacity and premium upgrades. UT has gone through several rounds of donor input, but it's really Tony V's vision, and UT is giving him what he wants-- playing up the "intimacy" of the stadium to make it a more electric environment. The goal is to maximize the home-field advantage within the footprint, creating a raucous environment that makes LNS a tough place for opponents to play and an exciting close-in environment for the Vols.

The budget also includes an indoor practice facility, workout space and other SA amenities that are "world-class." There are new dorms and other amenities planned under a separate budget. The plan is to be the best, not the biggest, emphasizing player development and recruiting by providing the best facilities and the best fan environment to attract the best athletes. UT is already selling this to recruits without final plans.

This is a multi-year, multi-phase project that will have to go through numerous renderings and multiple levels of approvals and planning commissions. The budget was approved by the board, but there are many hurdles to go. Everybody would like to see it move faster, but there are a lot of parties involved and red tape to work through. Donors are pretty excited, money is coming in and Tony V is happy to see his vision take shape. It's a good time for UT baseball.

I admit, outside of football I don't care much. But I can't deny loving how the athletic department is doing as a whole. What is good for baseball and basketball is good for football as well. The recent success has got me sucked in to liking our other sports. Go Vols
That's what I was trying to say but you conveyed it much better

You like throwing out the first pitch with a golf ball instead of a baseball? You ask for it when you do things like that.

I'll admit I was indifferent before Vitello, followed from afar off but not excited about it. But I needed this and didnt even know it. Hell, I deserve it after this decade of darkness

I’d never claim lifetime defender/devotee status of this baseball program like so many true examples on this board…big props to them! They followed every bad hop, pitch, error and whiff throughout the Raleigh and Serrano sitcoms and deserve their just rewards with the quality product Tony Vitello has established. It’s fun and I’m here to enjoy it.

LNS improvements are a massive reno, including enhanced amenities and fan experience improvements, as well as increased capacity and premium upgrades. UT has gone through several rounds of donor input, but it's really Tony V's vision, and UT is giving him what he wants-- playing up the "intimacy" of the stadium to make it a more electric environment. The goal is to maximize the home-field advantage within the footprint, creating a raucous environment that makes LNS a tough place for opponents to play and an exciting close-in environment for the Vols.

The budget also includes an indoor practice facility, workout space and other SA amenities that are "world-class." There are new dorms and other amenities planned under a separate budget. The plan is to be the best, not the biggest, emphasizing player development and recruiting by providing the best facilities and the best fan environment to attract the best athletes. UT is already selling this to recruits without final plans.

This is a multi-year, multi-phase project that will have to go through numerous renderings and multiple levels of approvals and planning commissions. The budget was approved by the board, but there are many hurdles to go. Everybody would like to see it move faster, but there are a lot of parties involved and red tape to work through. Donors are pretty excited, money is coming in and Tony V is happy to see his vision take shape. It's a good time for UT baseball.

This makes a great deal of sense since they are footprint challenged on campus land. If Voltello and the money backers are happy, I'm happy. Love that they are going for a home park being a big advantage and all of the support for the players. That gets into the opponents' heads. Then when our guys slap them around at their place, they get frustrated even more, like is happening now.

I’d never claim lifetime defender/devotee status of this baseball program like so many true examples on this board…big props to them! They followed every bad hop, pitch, error and whiff throughout the Raleigh and Serrano sitcoms and deserve their just rewards with the quality product Tony Vitello has established. It’s fun and I’m here to enjoy it.
I'm the bandwagoniest bandwagoner that ever bandwagoned

The team is just embracing the role that they have been cast in and now people a ticked that they haven't been able to shame them into submission. It is similar tactics that people use in other areas of life. They try to paint you as something that they think will shame or embarrass you. However, if that isn't really you then it only works if you let it. I love the attitude this team has embraced and hope they just keep on winning.

On a side note though... if you are going to go to a game, you can be annoying without cursing at the opposing fans. My co-worker (a Andy fan) went to the game on Saturday and witnesses UT fans yelling and cursing at an older Andy fan. We can be proud and annoying without verbally abusing the other team's fans. We don't have to take the highest road, but we don't have to join the other teams down in the muck either.

Danny White is doing a great job-- but the unsung hero is Randy Boyd. The "go big or go home" vibe is coming straight from the top. And getting the entire vertical on the same page-- that's Boyd, too.

Thanks for the info you have brought. It confirms things for me. He is at work at UT. Truly excited.

Need some Masters plays

@peaygolf or anyone else feel free to share insight

want to take Tiger to win, top 10, top 20, make cut just for fun but the value is terrible

It’s the “Unwritten Rules of Baseball” types leaking out their colostomy bags over anything resembling fresh personality that threatens their artificial dignity. 😒
For real. Same thing happens with Acuna every year. Let the kids play. Our guys are having fun not demonstrating poor sportsmanship

In periods where news is as dead as will smith's masculinity
metallica-you-know-its-sad-but-true.gif

Last edited:
This villain persona-- chicken or egg? The media has been portraying UT as a rogue program for years. Rival programs make everything a controversy. The "illegal bat" is a prime example. Something that would have been a minor incident soon forgotten for another program will get as much commentary as possible when UT is involved.

It's laughable. If there were the slightest possibility of malfeasance, that bat would have been intensely scrutinized by everyone up the chain before the series ended. Hell, they would have confiscated all UT bats if they had any reason to suspect anything at all. Tony V and the BaseVols have the swagger to ride the wave. Sell those shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back