Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d never claim lifetime defender/devotee status of this baseball program like so many true examples on this board…big props to them! They followed every bad hop, pitch, error and whiff throughout the Raleigh and Serrano sitcoms and deserve their just rewards with the quality product Tony Vitello has established. It’s fun and I’m here to enjoy it.
I will take my bow now….. even had Todd Raleigh as a Facebook friend 😃

This villain persona-- chicken or egg? The media has been portraying UT as a rogue program for years. Rival programs make everything a controversy. The "illegal bat" is a prime example. Something that would have been a minor incident soon forgotten for another program will get as much commentary as possible when UT is involved.

It's laughable. If there were the slightest possibility of malfeasance, that bat would have been intensely scrutinized by everyone up the chain before the series ended. Hell, they would have confiscated all UT bats if they had any reason to suspect anything at all. Tony V and the BaseVols have the swagger to ride the wave. Sell those shirts!

What's frustrating to me about the bat thing...is if I understand correctly. It's not even UT that places those stickers...so someone outside the Vols didn't do their job right, cause I'd assume you need to remove previous stickers and then add the new ones so that...stacking stickers doesn't cause an issue with them staying on the bat.

What's frustrating to me about the bat thing...is if I understand correctly. It's not even UT that places those stickers...so someone outside the Vols didn't do their job right, cause I'd assume you need to remove previous stickers and then add the new ones so that...stacking stickers doesn't cause an issue with them staying on the bat.
The last thing I saw was that a Tennessee representative puts the sticker on the bat.

The sticker placer, is responsible for the stickiness of the stickers

I'll admit I was indifferent before Vitello, followed from afar off but not excited about it. But I needed this and didnt even know it. Hell, I deserve it after this decade of darkness

You are a complete loser if you gatekeep Vols baseball now that they're good. Hell I'll take all the Bama football/Kentucky basketball fans. We have the makes of a team that people will bandwagon bc they're fun.

You are a complete loser if you gatekeep Vols baseball now that they're good. Hell I'll take all the Bama football/Kentucky basketball fans. We have the makes of a team that people will bandwagon bc they're fun.
Edit I misunderstood, missed gatekeep

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    546.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: VOLSONLY

Who knows what happened? It either happens all the time... or maybe it doesn't. The mid-week game sticker was still adhered, so the bat had been inspected. The whole "UT wins by cheating" narrative is ridiculous. I mean--how does that work? All of our pitchers have bionic arms? Our players fly when stealing bases? Our gloves have a homing device? Balls disappear in the lights when the other team is fielding... but not for us?

UT is just winning in every facet of the game right now-- no cheating needed. It feels good, and who can blame the players for having fun with it. And if capitalizing on the opportunity to sell merchandise helps our players and gives UT a fun vibe for recruiting, where's the harm?

Spoken like someone that wants to trash Will Smith while giving the guy he slapped a free pass for a classless demeaning act. Maybe he will next find a Lady dealing with cancer and be looking forward to her remake of the movie Beaches, or a lady with Alzheimer's to make the first run Pat Summitt movie before her brain is ravaged. Those ought to get a laugh and make a bold statement about free speech. I am most saddened that Will seemed to find it funny till he looked across the table and saw the look on his wife's face.
Do u know for a fact Chris knew she had alopecia? And he was comparing her to a "strong independent woman" after all in GI Jane who "battled the male patriarchy" to become a Navy Seal

Give me a break

A good comedian will make u think in a bunch of diff layers at once.

Need some Masters plays

@peaygolf or anyone else feel free to share insight

want to take Tiger to win, top 10, top 20, make cut just for fun but the value is terrible

I like Rahm, DJ and Scheffler from a current form ball striking standpoint, and likelihood of top 10. Sam Burns and Adam Scott both good value for prop bets.

If you can get any action on making the cut, check out amateur Stewart Hagestad at +100000. Private Equity guy who remains amateur but is basically a pro. Plays tons of tournament golf and has already made a cut at 2017 Masters.

Eh. If the game of baseball can humble this team and its fanbase, then so be it. We’ll stand humbled.

In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy the season, and these kids sure as h*ll have earned the right to have a bit of pride in their accomplishments.

Also, it’s a little bit of chicken and the egg. This swagger comes from absolutely dominating Ole Miss and Vandy on the road two weeks in a row… but it’s also part of why that happened in the first place.

I could be wrong as well…. I thought one of our media members tweeted out how it was done and our representative places it on the bat.
I think I remember that they vandy, gave us the stickers to place after approval. My hypothesis is, they peeled them back , sprinkled an imperceptible amount of dust under them, then placed them back on the card for us with a minimum amount of stickiness, which we might as well make the VN word of the day now

I don't recall them in an uproar when making blind jokes and mentioning Stevie Wonder, and a million other examples
You use a stretched truth, hyperbole, to illuminate another truth
That is part of comedy and free speech, it can even be vulgar and distasteful, it is not required for you to like or approve

I think I remember that they vandy, gave us the stickers to place after approval. My hypothesis is, they peeled them back , sprinkled an imperceptible amount of dust under them, then placed them back on the card for us with a minimum amount of stickiness, which we might as well make the VN word of the day now
That may work if our batter didn’t see it fall off an not do anything about it….He knew it was gone before it was protested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back