Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corn snake. That's a pretty muted one in terms of color. They can be very vibrant with orange and maroon and tan. A vibrant corn snake is one of the prettiest animals, imo.
michael-scott-the-office.gif

I had it in Oct 2020. I didn't have a very bad case really. The only symptoms I had with Covid was a stuffy head and headache, 101-2 fever with chills, losing my smell and taste, body aches and Covid fatigue...the body aches, Covid fatigue and losing my smell were the worst. My smell has partially returned, but will probably never truly recover.

Thank God I had zero lung issues...not even a little cough.

Hear me out or don’t. Danny White has been the best hire the University has made in awhile, and I’m including coaches 😒. It looks like he has been in front on this NIL from the get go when we were wringing our hands, myself included. No, I don’t know anything, but I read a lot. CFB is my passion as far as sports go, but I’m suddenly following all UT sports teams. Why? Because, they’re interesting and exciting to do so finally. We finally have a business man as a AD (that’s what was needed from the time Dickey left) and making the moves that were needed.

Completely agree. I don’t pretend to know anything about the AD market but the fact that outsiders who are in the know were praising the hire made me feel very confident. I just hope some other program doesn’t steal him away from us!

Wait you're telling me the year we couldn't go to games and everything was closed and we were on lock down, that more people watched TV? Wow.

Honest question; did you watch Georgia sleepwalk through their game against Charleston Southern this past season? I'd guess you didn't. I didn't watch Tennessee crush South Alabama either, or Kentucky blitz Louisiana Monroe on opening day. In fact, I didnt' watch any of those blowouts between SEC teams and G5 or FCS cupcakes.

The heavy viewership in 2020 was due to more than just lockdowns. Nobody cares about the cupcake games except fans of the teams involved. A nine or ten game SEC schedule will always draw more viewers because more of the games are meaningful and at least somewhat competitive.

Now that SEC players are getting paid, and the best G5 players are being actively lured away to P5 with money every season, there's even less incentive to cling to these cupcake exhibition games. If we're transitioning to professional football, at least play decent opponents.

It's sad how single parent houses have ruined our society. I'm not blaming single parents the majority do everything they can for their children. I'm blaming the harmful idea that one parent can properly raise multiple children on their own. More people need to rely on their community, and make sure their community is safe. Especially, if they find themselves in a situation like raising children on their own.

So I was raised by my Mother from age 6. She divorced my alcoholic abusive Father. My Mom did an awesome job raising me and my two older sisters. The sixties were tough for a single Mother, but we always had what we needed.
Your statement was not a nice one. It’s also not a true one. I consider it a very prejudiced statement and I don’t understand it.

From previous posts, I think that you are a pretty good person, so I am not sure what’s going on.

As an FYI,
Napoleon, Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, and Putin were raised in a 2 parent household…Not to mention more KKK members and Nazis. Oh, and serial killers: Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Dr.Harold Shipman, etc.

Kinda got me riled up…I am extremely proud of my Mother.
end rant 😊

So I was raised by my Mother from age 6. She divorced my alcoholic abusive Father. My Mom did an awesome job raising me and my two older sisters. The sixties were tough for a single Mother, but we always had what we needed.
Your statement was not a nice one. It’s also not a true one. I consider it a very prejudiced statement and I don’t understand it.

From previous posts, I think that you are a pretty good person, so I am not sure what’s going on.

As an FYI,
Napoleon, Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, and Putin were raised in a 2 parent household…Not to mention more KKK members and Nazis. Oh, and serial killers: Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Dr.Harold Shipman, etc.

Kinda got me riled up…I am extremely proud of my Mother.
end rant 😊
The statistics on how children perform in single parent vs two parent households is crystal clear. Everything is a bell curve so there are good single parents and terrible marriages... But the OP you quoted is correct. The institution of marriage exists at the foundation of our civilization for a reason. Replacing dad with daddy government is an absolutely terrible thing we've just accepted.

I assure that wont happen. Maybe a bow for turkey season.

One of these days ill get a piece of land amd choot stuff. Change my name to Odysseus Mcgill, become really crotchety. Curse the sky.

Nahhhh.. lets just blow our money on a Costa Rica fishing trip....I got peeps 10 miles (rough terrain) from some kick azz billz. I'm in one day if you are!!

ATT Uverse is their dsl. Essentially dial up.

ATT is a true GPON fiber network. Legit.

Yes and no. UVerse offered up to 75mbps in my old neighborhood. Much better than dial up. But cable was still better.

But to your point, AT&T is being really aggressive with the fiber build, and it’s a quality product. Hope it comes to my area soon. We’ve moved a couple of times recently for my job, and AT&T fiber has hit my last two neighborhoods after we moved out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back