Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hate to have to talk about this but I figure I have to.

My uncle has lost his battle with esophageal cancer three months after his diagnosis. He rapidly deteriorated over the last couple of weeks and eventually couldn’t speak any longer. It was truly harrowing to see from a man who helped raise me and exposed me to most of what I enjoy as an adult, both in sports and in music.

His daughter put it best, saying, “
Our sweet sweet Daddy made his trip home to heaven this morning to be with his father who he missed so much! I know the first thing he did was run to his daddy with that huge contagious smile and gave him the biggest hug I’m sure he ever has. I can see it now and what a picture that is, both in their happiest and healthiest forms. I bet they even played some catch too. Long live and rest easy, Daddy, Son, Brother, Nacho, Coach Jeff, or just plain old Friend. Whatever you knew him as he played that role perfectly. He was an amazing man and such a gentle soul and a true influencer in every way. A true kid at heart who loved to love. And that’s what he did best. So for every sunny but windy day, every early morning, every sunrise, any Tennessee T, any KISS song we hear, any time we smell the sweet smell of coffee, and every baseball we see we’ll think of you. Forever in so many hearts but especially your babies, from now until we finally see you again. We love you!
January 17, 1965- May 22, 2022 🤍

Speaking of his daughters, there are three of them. Aged 16-21, with the oldest having two children. The mother isn’t in the picture, and my father has been left with power of attorney and legal guardianship over them. He organized a gofundme for them as the youngest two are still minors and essentially been orphaned. If anybody wants to help with that, I’ve left a link below. Thank you and god bless.

Jeffery F. Lowe Memorial Fund, organized by Joseph Lowe

Sorry to hear this! Prayers for you and your family.

No but we have an HBO sub these days and it has a good rating. On my list.

I've wanted to find more war movies from other, non-US perspectives. Maybe one following an Afghan or Iraqi fighting the Taliban, ISIS, or South Viet fighters fighting the North. Wish they'd make more war movies with unique perspectives. You know any like that, Newt?
Try Hyena Road. It’s about a Canadian unit in Afghanistan. Available on Netflix.

I thought you were arguing earlier this season that we were the GOAT regardless of the post season bc it can be a crap shoot… it wears you out bc you need fresh arms…. We are more adept at handling it this season bc we have more top of the line pitchers. Look at my Dodgers last year…. Had to play a wild card game and caused guys to have to pitch more than they should…. Strong pitchers struggled… scherzer couldn’t finish the playoffs. It seemed to hurt us last year as well as our pitchers had to pitch too much. Conference tourneys only really matter to teams that never win them…. I don’t want anything hindering us from winning the College World Series…. That’s the only thing that matters. Go Vols!
In my eyes yes..I think we are one of the best college teams ever assembled...but too bad the rest of the world won't take my word for it if they don't win the title..

I been thinking to myself all day..They said $35,000 threee or four times even after I said it, No way...they meant $3,500.
Since I did not physically see it, I will make sure next time I see brand. Crazy what is out there.

View attachment 458718
you can buy a shot of pappy at label for $100. drink it, say you did it, get the shirt, move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back