Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hate to have to talk about this but I figure I have to.

My uncle has lost his battle with esophageal cancer three months after his diagnosis. He rapidly deteriorated over the last couple of weeks and eventually couldn’t speak any longer. It was truly harrowing to see from a man who helped raise me and exposed me to most of what I enjoy as an adult, both in sports and in music.

His daughter put it best, saying, “
Our sweet sweet Daddy made his trip home to heaven this morning to be with his father who he missed so much! I know the first thing he did was run to his daddy with that huge contagious smile and gave him the biggest hug I’m sure he ever has. I can see it now and what a picture that is, both in their happiest and healthiest forms. I bet they even played some catch too. Long live and rest easy, Daddy, Son, Brother, Nacho, Coach Jeff, or just plain old Friend. Whatever you knew him as he played that role perfectly. He was an amazing man and such a gentle soul and a true influencer in every way. A true kid at heart who loved to love. And that’s what he did best. So for every sunny but windy day, every early morning, every sunrise, any Tennessee T, any KISS song we hear, any time we smell the sweet smell of coffee, and every baseball we see we’ll think of you. Forever in so many hearts but especially your babies, from now until we finally see you again. We love you!
January 17, 1965- May 22, 2022 🤍

Speaking of his daughters, there are three of them. Aged 16-21, with the oldest having two children. The mother isn’t in the picture, and my father has been left with power of attorney and legal guardianship over them. He organized a gofundme for them as the youngest two are still minors and essentially been orphaned. If anybody wants to help with that, I’ve left a link below. Thank you and god bless.

Jeffery F. Lowe Memorial Fund, organized by Joseph Lowe

It's rough...hard to adjust to, you'll feel at a loss. Moments where ya forget they're gone at all, but then you remember and the wound reopens again.

"This too shall pass."

Will keep you and family in thoughts and prayers, sorry for your loss :(

Anaphylaxis with red meat. I've tried to get him to checkout the group in Franklin that does acupuncture for it. Had a friend with a pork allergy and she was cured after three weeks of treatment. She had suffered with it for 10 plus years.

Man, sorry to hear he got the worse side of it. What group is that in Franklin? Maybe I can get my wife to check it out, although she’s basically just resigned to never eating red meat again and is mostly vegetarian now.

Outpost, Korengal, Restrepo.
Liked Restrepo. Think I started Outpost but don't remember it. Will have to check out Korengal.

My go tos are simple - Apocalypse Now and Platoon. Apocalypse Now might be the most apropos bit of art imitating reality when it comes to war. Merely creating the film was utterly insane, dangerous, chaotic, drug-fueled, and highly questionable, mirroring the Vietnam war perfectly.

Reactions: bignewt
Pride tearing down momentum at A&M:

View attachment 458578

Just admit that your staff and support have a great handle on NIL, and that College Station is the place to be if you want to play elite football and get treated like a king. Instead - "I don't need to pay no players to come play for me."

These guys are so hardwired to deny deny deny when it comes to money, they can't even smile when things go their way when it's ok.
Jimbo's pride was hurt that Saban basically said, "Jimbo sucks so bad at recruiting that he has to buy players." These guys are all competitive and hugely egotistical.

Too good not to share:

Tennessee recruiting weekend *updated* - By the numbers (31 recruits ranked 5* or 4*

Using the War Room and TOS as the basis for who could be coming in this weekend, I looked up every potential visitor on rivals, 247 and On3 and chose their highest ranking. Based on that information, this weekend Tennessee could have:

Star Rankings

- Six recruits ranked by at least one service as a 5* recruit
- Twenty five recruits ranked by at least one service as a 4* recruit
- That’s 31 recruits total with a 4* or 5* ranking potentially on campus this weekend

More specifically

- Ten recruits ranked by at least one service as a Top 50 recruit overall
- Twenty recruits ranked by at least one service as a Top 100 player (one of those is in the 2024 class)
- Twenty eight recruits ranked by at least one service as a Top 250 recruit (two of those are in the 2024 class)
Visitors for this weekend highest ranking between Rivals, 247 and On3

Chandavian Bradley - 5* and #29 player overall in the 247 Composite

Caleb Herring - 4* and #50 player overall 247 rankings

Tomarrion Parker - 4* and #48 player overall 247 rankings

Will Whitson - 3* and #149 player in 247 Juco Rankings

Ricky Gibson - 3* and not nationally ranked

Hunter Osborne - 4* and #105 player overall in ON3 rankings

Keldric Faulk - 4* and #79 player overall in ON3 rankings

Francis Mauigoa - 5* and #8 player overall in 247 Composite

Brycen Sanders - 4* and #210 player overall in ON3 rankings

Lucas Simmons - 4* and #87 player overall in ON3 rankings

Vic Burley - 5* (247 composite) and #22 player overall in 247 rankings

CJ Allen - 4* and #88 player overall in ON3 rankings

Jeremiah Telander - 3* and #814 player overall in 247 Composite

Kamren Robinson - 4* and #399 player overall in ON3 Composite

Raul Aguirre - 4* and #73 player overall in Rivals rankings

Christian Conyer - 4* and not Nationally ranked in Rivals rankings

Jeremiah Anglin - 4* and #216 player overall in ON3 rankings

Jakeem Jackson - 4* and #204 player overall in 247 rankings

Jordan Matthews - 4* and #98 player overall in Rivals rankings

Demitrius Bell - 3* and not Nationally ranked in Rivals rankings

Kaleb Beasley - 4* and #42 player overall in Rivals rankings

Aiden Mizell - 4* and #50 player overall in ON3 rankings

Ethan David - 4* and #87 player overall in ON3 Composite rankings

Jack Luttrell - 3* and #782 player overall in 247 Composite

Dakaari Nelson - 4* and #78 player overall in Rivals rankings

Tony Mitchell - 5* and #20 player overall in 247 Composite

Nico Iamaleava - 5* and #3 player overall in 247 Rankings

Wilkin Formby - 4* and #96 player overall in ON3 rankings

Samson Okunola - 5* (247 Composite) and #25 player overall in 247 rankings

Stanton Ramil - 4* and #196 player overall in 247 Composite

Rico Walker - 4* and #161 player overall in 247 Composite

Kamren Robinson - 4* and #399 player overall in ON3 Composite

Elijah Davis - Unranked Juco DL with offers from Alabama, Auburn, UGA, FSU, MIAMI, USCe, Texas, Ole Miss, etc.

Edwin Spillman (2024) - 4* and #74 player overall in Rivals rankings

Nate Spillman - 3* and #940 player overall in 247 Composite

Last edited:
Well, I hate to have to talk about this but I figure I have to.

My uncle has lost his battle with esophageal cancer three months after his diagnosis. He rapidly deteriorated over the last couple of weeks and eventually couldn’t speak any longer. It was truly harrowing to see from a man who helped raise me and exposed me to most of what I enjoy as an adult, both in sports and in music.

His daughter put it best, saying, “
Our sweet sweet Daddy made his trip home to heaven this morning to be with his father who he missed so much! I know the first thing he did was run to his daddy with that huge contagious smile and gave him the biggest hug I’m sure he ever has. I can see it now and what a picture that is, both in their happiest and healthiest forms. I bet they even played some catch too. Long live and rest easy, Daddy, Son, Brother, Nacho, Coach Jeff, or just plain old Friend. Whatever you knew him as he played that role perfectly. He was an amazing man and such a gentle soul and a true influencer in every way. A true kid at heart who loved to love. And that’s what he did best. So for every sunny but windy day, every early morning, every sunrise, any Tennessee T, any KISS song we hear, any time we smell the sweet smell of coffee, and every baseball we see we’ll think of you. Forever in so many hearts but especially your babies, from now until we finally see you again. We love you!
January 17, 1965- May 22, 2022 🤍

Speaking of his daughters, there are three of them. Aged 16-21, with the oldest having two children. The mother isn’t in the picture, and my father has been left with power of attorney and legal guardianship over them. He organized a gofundme for them as the youngest two are still minors and essentially been orphaned. If anybody wants to help with that, I’ve left a link below. Thank you and god bless.

Jeffery F. Lowe Memorial Fund, organized by Joseph Lowe
So very, very sorry. Truly, deeply sorry.

How bad does he get if he eats meat? Apparently symptoms can vary from anaphylactic shock to digestive issues. My wife’s symptoms are basically similar to food poisoning. Doesn’t matter if she eats red meat or if it’s cross contamination, it still effects her.
So sorry to hear this. I hope she stays well and you both prosper in every way. There are a lot of great foods not excluded, but worrying about cross contamination must be stressful.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever heard of Mckamey Manor? We're watching a Netflix documentary on it tonight.

You will go down an absolute rabbit hole reading about it. What a crazy thing to even exist and be legal. It was relocated to Middle TN some years ago. Interesting, if not hard to watch/read about.

Liked Restrepo. Think I started Outpost but don't remember it. Will have to check out Korengal.

My go tos are simple - Apocalypse Now and Platoon. Apocalypse Now might be the most apropos bit of art imitating reality when it comes to war. Merely creating the film was utterly insane, dangerous, chaotic, drug-fueled, and highly questionable, mirroring the Vietnam war perfectly.
Anybody see Generation Kill that was on HBO years ago? Now that was good. Felt like a very accurate account of the cluster that was the Iraq war.

Man, sorry to hear he got the worse side of it. What group is that in Franklin? Maybe I can get my wife to check it out, although she’s basically just resigned to never eating red meat again and is mostly vegetarian now.
Franklin Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine | Acupuncture in Franklin, TN

I can't get him to go. Afraid of getting stuck with the needles. If I understood my friend right she had to have a small needle stuck in her ear for a couple of weeks.

She was a a skeptic but figured she had nothing to loose. Worked for her.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back