Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
VolNation 2 days before NSD.

NGyJZ_s-200x150.gif

Reactions: 1 person
If you are more than just a little disappointed Wednesday it is because you raised your expectations too much based on the quality of visitors we were able to get in on short notice. JMO.

Maybe so. And I'm not "freaking out" by any stretch. I would have just assumed, when Jeremy Pruitt was hired and this staff was completed, that we would finish with a little more momentum than it looks like we will. And I'm disappointed that we haven't.

Maybe so. And I'm not "freaking out" by any stretch. I would have just assumed, when Jeremy Pruitt was hired and this staff was completed, that we would finish with a little more momentum than it looks like we will. And I'm disappointed that we haven't.

Nobody comes in and closes awesome at a new job. At least not when you're walking into a train wreck. Add in the early signing period and the fact our coaches were pretty much standing still in regards to recruiting from september on and you get what you get.

Gonna land some nice players. When you look at the time frame and what he walked in to it's gonna be a really good job by Pruitt and the staff. People got carried away thinking we were gonna sweep our board. It was never gonna work that way.

Getting them to visit means nothing besides they decided to take a free trip. You have to close these deals.

It's possible to say you're disappointed by this year's finish (as it looks right now) and still be positive about recruiting in the future. That's where I fall.

We're not in as good a position to close these deals this year as we will be in the future. Some who visited have deeper relationships elsewhere or need more time to see how they would fit in at UT.

The top ranked classes are almost full. Not all recruits will get a spot at UGA, Bama, SC, etc. We have room and we've opened the door to some of these undecided recruits, so this could put us in a great position last-minute. If they hadn't visited, our hat wouldn't even be on the table.

Reactions: 4 people
As a fan base, I think we get way ahead of ourselves. I agree with LA Vol in the sense that the outcome of NSD shouldn't disappoint fans because we're already in a much better situation than we were in November or December. I'm not taking this recruiting cycle as a sign of weakness of the new staff. They were staring down the barrel from the jump. It's hard to close against relationships with a year or 2 of foundation or against a California school with west coast kids. Closing against Saban, not easy either. This isn't 1998. We've got to earn our way back to being disappointed when we don't close multiple 5 stars.

Nobody comes in and closes awesome at a new job. At least not when you're walking into a train wreck. Add in the early signing period and the fact our coaches were pretty much standing still in regards to recruiting from september on and you get what you get.

Gonna land some nice players. When you look at the time frame and what he walked in to it's gonna be a really good job by Pruitt and the staff. People got carried away thinking we were gonna sweep our board. It was never gonna work that way.

I tried to tell everybody. I do not understand the pissin and moaning at the staff.

I’ve said this before, but it’s Groundhog Day in here... again. These same, exact, verbatim conversations were occurring BEFORE the early signing day and everyone was pronouncing it a failure.

I choose and wait and see how this is going to pan out first.

writing is on the wall

We’re going to sign JJ Peterson and Quay Walker because of Jeremy Pruitt. Two of the best linebackers in the nation that Alabama and the rest of the elite programs want. We wouldn’t have gotten a visit from either with the last staff. The other handful of signees besides those two are gravy as far as I’m concerned.

The writing on the wall is excellent. Pay attention.

Reactions: 19 people
We’re going to sign JJ Peterson and Quay Walker because of Jeremy Pruitt. Two of the best linebackers in the nation that Alabama and the rest of the elite programs want. We wouldn’t have gotten a visit from either with the last staff. The other handful of signees besides those two are gravy as far as I’m concerned.

Good spin:good!:

Agreed if we get those 2

Are we for sure going to sign both?

Agree

We're not in as good a position to close these deals this year as we will be in the future. Some who visited have deeper relationships elsewhere or need more time to see how they would fit in at UT.

The top ranked classes are almost full. Not all recruits will get a spot at UGA, Bama, SC, etc. We have room and we've opened the door to some of these undecided recruits, so this could put us in a great position last-minute. If they hadn't visited, our hat wouldn't even be on the table.

Yeah, I'm just not really interested in these excuses. Top 20 classes aren't good enough and Jeremy Pruitt would tell you as much if you asked him. They didnt sign the guys they thought the would/could.

Like I said, I'm not "out" on Pruitt or anything. That would be ridiculous. But this finish - if it stays the way it looks on Monday at 4:30 PM - is not good enough. It's an improvement on where we were - sure! But my bar isn't Butch Jones in the midst of an 8 loss season.

Yeah, I'm just not really interested in these excuses. Top 20 classes aren't good enough and Jeremy Pruitt would tell you as much if you asked him. They didnt sign the guys they thought the would/could.

Like I said, I'm not "out" on Pruitt or anything. That would be ridiculous. But this finish - if it stays the way it looks on Monday at 4:30 PM - is not good enough. It's an improvement on where we were - sure! But my bar isn't Butch Jones in the midst of an 8 loss season.

I think there is one common theme among all of you...

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back