Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm just not really interested in these excuses. Top 20 classes aren't good enough and Jeremy Pruitt would tell you as much if you asked him. They didnt sign the guys they thought the would/could.

Like I said, I'm not "out" on Pruitt or anything. That would be ridiculous. But this finish - if it stays the way it looks on Monday at 4:30 PM - is not good enough. It's an improvement on where we were - sure! But my bar isn't Butch Jones in the midst of an 8 loss season.

Excuses?..or just the facts?

Reactions: 1 person
Good spin:good!:

It’s the truth. You and your negative nancy friends continue to move the target regardless of reality. This program was in bad shape and our staff has been on the job a month full time. Just getting in the conversation with some of these guys and getting them to visit was remarkable.

The staff is going to close this class out very well and ‘19 and ‘20 should be top 5 classes. If they’re missing on they’re top targets next February and we finish ~15th in 2019, then we should be concerned.

Personally, I can’t wait for Wednesday to be over so we can focus on spring ball and ‘19 class. Like I said, with JJ and Quay this class is a winner no matter who else we sign.

Reactions: 13 people
Yeah, I'm just not really interested in these excuses. Top 20 classes aren't good enough and Jeremy Pruitt would tell you as much if you asked him. They didnt sign the guys they thought the would/could.

Like I said, I'm not "out" on Pruitt or anything. That would be ridiculous. But this finish - if it stays the way it looks on Monday at 4:30 PM - is not good enough. It's an improvement on where we were - sure! But my bar isn't Butch Jones in the midst of an 8 loss season.

The issue is that 2-3 weeks ago we have a lot of positive news and momentum. The last few weeks have us trending down. So what happened?

Good spin:good!:

That isn't freaking spin. That is the truth. Two top 100 guys period. You keep licking up that horse manure like the Philly fan did. I am as disappointed as a few people on here are with some of the misses but IF we get these two who I thought were trending the other way last night, with what was done on short notice in the early signing period, then great job. IF they prove on the field they can win and make a few of these guys NFL players, then they will be able to get top five classes in the future. Judge by results and quit crying about things that have not been proven to have worked out or not yet. In other words, you can express disappointment once things happen but don't be such a whiny puss about it screaming like a cat making love. Which would never happen to Catbone because he is a base player. But, now I digress.

Reactions: 2 people
Er'rbody in here got their knifes and guns out and I'm over here all like, "I'm just glad Pruitt is trying this hard."

Reactions: 6 people
That's ridiculous considering the teams we play annually are getting 5-10 of comparable level players.

Does any of the guys who signed early with us count toward the 5-10? wood anderson the five star maybe or Emerson or ITS if we get him as well Wednesday then we have five right there

Teams we play been recruiting for more than a month.

Wasn’t part of the reason for optimism that all of our staff had been recruiting these players at their previous schools and had built relationships?

Not like they were recruiting brand new kids who had never heard of them

Good thing he already signed 7 4stars in December. He might exceed your expectations of 10!

I meant upper echelon. Not just 4 stars. Difference making, high level players. Walker and Peterson fit that bill (no guarantee we sign either one of them). Georgia signed 10 Top 100 players and look to add a few more. Alabama is the same.

Wasn’t part of the reason for optimism that all of our staff had been recruiting these players at their previous schools and had built relationships?

Not like they were recruiting brand new kids who had never heard of them

How many of these kids had any interest in Tennessee?

We are gonna land some by the way.

The groaners only focus on the guys we miss on.

Reactions: 2 people
I meant upper echelon. Not just 4 stars. Difference making, high level players. Walker and Peterson fit that bill (no guarantee we sign either one of them). Georgia signed 10 Top 100 players and look to add a few more. Alabama is the same.

Emerson, Lawless, Taylor, Carvin, Banks etc don’t count? They’re not upper echelon? Their offer lists and rankings disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back