Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember what coach Pruitt said in his first statement, "We'll go for the best and then go with who we got and not look back".Deal with who we get Wednesday,hope for all of these guys,and run with who we get signed.GBO

Reactions: 4 people
I think Pruitt will do fine, but his “Worry about the ones we do get and not the ones we don’t get.” Is ripe for criticism if he fails. Would rival “best staff in America”

Reactions: 1 person
I think Pruitt will do fine, but his “Worry about the ones we do get and not the ones we don’t get.” Is ripe for criticism if he fails. Would rival “best staff in America”

I wouldn’t go that far. The former seems sensible and the latter is hyperbole.

Reactions: 6 people

You think it makes better sense to worry about what he can't change? He's fine.

I don't believe CJP was making some grand statement about how great the recruits we do get, just realisticly saying we will work with what we get.

Imagine thinking this recruiting class is a failure for Pruitt if we miss on OG and ITS. Two top 50 players(assuming we land Quay), got a couple Olinemen, Banks, #1 Juco TE and Alontae Taylor. He had what, a week and a half before ENSD? It's not like Butch left him a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits that had us in their top list of schools. We'll likely finish #6 in the SEC.......... After going 4-8!

When he showed up pretty sure nearly everybody expected to be between 15-20, now it's a disappointment😂😂😂

HFS...

JP hasn't even coached his first practice and he's already got people doubting him because he MAY OR MAY NOT close with multiple top 100 players.

gaivYyX.gif

Texas has underwhelming National Signing Day after missing on pair of top targets

I keep going back to Tom Herman at Texas in his first class. It was widely considered a bust. Herman had even been a head coach in Texas before, didn’t have a national title game to fool with, didn’t have early signing day, etc. Pruitt is doing better than this. Plus, Herman is killing it in 2018.

I don’t think you can say this class for Pruitt is some kind of canary in the coal mine that should tell us he sucks.

Reactions: 2 people
Been reading some player threads and it's been stated that there is a hard 25 number that can't be exceeded no mater what. So if we only sign 22 this class we just loose the three? I understand why we may can only sign 22, that's not the question. Are we sure you can't back count anymore? If I have 24 slots available and only sign 23, I can't sign 26 next year?

Been reading some player threads and it's been stated that there is a hard 25 number that can't be exceeded no mater what. So if we only sign 22 this class we just loose the three? I understand why we may can only sign 22, that's not the question. Are we sure you can't back count anymore? If I have 24 slots available and only sign 23, I can't sign 26 next year?

Nope..not from what I understand.

I absolutely agree..the 25 hard cap is really bad for teams that need to flip a roster.

What's bad is it does exactly what the NCAA appeared to want to stop - taking players that were academic risk. This will cause programs to add up to the 25 just to fill the class. Use it or lose it scenario.

What's bad is it does exactly what the NCAA appeared to want to stop - taking players that were academic risk. This will cause programs to add up to the 25 just to fill the class. Use it or lose it scenario.

See Emmitt Gooden for an example of how right you are.

Hi. I’m new to following recruiting heavily.

I’m not doom and gloom but I definitely feel now that I set unrealistic expectations on this recruiting class. I guess I got carried away with the number of out of nowhere blue chippers who were expressing interest early on. ITS, Copeland, etc.

Seeing that it’s the day before signing day and we’re still sending out offers for this years class, tells me we’re not gettig a lot of our prime targets. I don’t hold that against the staff. Vols were terrible, new staff, early signing period, only 22 spots available.

Truth is, I already consider this class a success based on what we accomplished in December. If we land JJ and Quay as expected, everything else is gravy.

I think in 2019, we’re going to put together a class better than any we’ve had in a while. Including the 2015 class. And unlike the 15 class, the kids will get developed.

Happy National Signing Day Eve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Hi. I’m new to following recruiting heavily.

I’m not doom and gloom but I definitely feel now that I set unexpected expectations on this recruiting class. I guess I got carried away with the number of out of nowhere blue chippers who were expressing interest early on. ITS, Copeland, etc.

Seeing that it’s the day before signing day and we’re still sending out offers for this years class, tells me we’re not gettig a lot of our prime targets. I don’t hold that against the staff. Vols were terrible, new staff, early signing period, only 22 spots available.

Truth is, I already consider this class a success based on what we accomplished in December. If we land JJ and Quay as expected, everything else is gravy.

I think in 2019, we’re going to put together a class better than any we’ve had in a while. Including the 2015 class. And unlike the 15 class, the kids will get developed.

Happy National Signing Day Eve.

We so need a good season out of this staff. If they can coax more wins than I think possible out of this group of players, then I think recruiting will take off. If they do not get us into the top echelon of classes next year, it will be a tough row to hoe for Pruitt to keep his job more than 3-4 years. He has got to flip this roster. This class is probably just going to be meh overall, I don't think it will do lot to help the situation immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back