Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams can only sign 25 with Dec and Feb signing days. Teams can still have players enroll in August and count toward next year (2019) as long as player has not visited campus. But Aug signees do count against next 25. Vols did this with Wiggins, McDaniel and one other last year. This is my understanding base on conversation with a coach.

The rule has changed:

15.5.1.9.1.1 Application. [FBS] A prospective student-athlete who signs a National Letter of Intent
or an institutional offer of financial aid or a student-athlete who signs a financial aid agreement that
specifies financial aid will be initially provided in the fall term of an academic year shall count toward
the annual limit on signings for that academic year.
A prospective student-athlete who signs a National
Letter of Intent or an institutional offer of financial aid or a student-athlete who signs a financial aid
agreement that specifies financial aid will be initially provided during the second or third term of the
academic year may count toward the limit for that academic year or the limit for the next academic
year. (Adopted: 1/14/12 effective 8/1/12, Revised: 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17 for signings that occur on or after
8/1/17)

It used to say:

15.5.1.9.1 Limitation on Number of National Letter of Intent/Offer of Financial Aid Signings—Bowl
Subdivision Football. [FBS] In bowl subdivision football, there shall be an annual limit of
25 on the number of prospective student-athletes who may sign a National Letter of Intent or an institutional
offer of financial aid from December 1 through May 31. (Adopted: 1/16/10 effective 8/1/10, Revised:
1/14/12 effective 8/1/12)

Thus, it should do away with Blue Shirts. I know Hubbs is saying we could possibly BS some guys, but I don't know if that is guessing on his part. Because the new rules are meant to do away with back and forward counting, making a hard 25 cap. GS are still allowed because they don't get their aid until after the first season.

Reactions: 1 person
NSD predictions from 247

Walker
Peterson
Gooden
Mincey
Flowers

Not ideal but still a great day, IMO. I really wanted either ITS or OG, but that is still a very strong finish considering we would not have gotten a whiff with any of these guys, (except for possibly Gooden) with the old staff.

Does anybody else here have NES electric? Last month they misread my meter so I called & read it to them myself & it was $80 cheaper.

This month their reading was $370!!! For a freaking 3 bedroom apartment.

Victor Ashe: Most candidates not in line with UT board change

I’m sure there’s a power play intended here, but I’m not in tune enough with the inner workings to know to what benefit for the Haslem family.

Anyone have any insight here? I’m proud of the coup de etat that occurred and I don’t want to see us slip back into Haslem Hell.

Then hope that Beth Harwell does not become Gov. She will do whatever Brother Bill wants. Randy Boyd says he will not, but probably will as well since they are long term buds and intertwined in business. Cutting down the BOT size reduces the potential for dissenting views, easier to pull the majority vote and increases the ability to appoint those that will stay in line. Taking the Gov out as a board member removes them from taking responsibility for what happens internally. They can shut their eyes and just handle the overall budget impact on the state. So Brother Bill gets the job as SP when Joe retires, then he doesn't have to answer to the new Gov if Beth or possibly, Randy goes in. HoH continues their reign of terror and control of UT.

JMO.

Last edited:
Does anybody else here have NES electric? Last month they misread my meter so I called & read it to them myself & it was $80 cheaper.

Keep reading the meter and also ask for levelized billing to make it easier to take in high usage months. They will average a rolling year's billings for the unit and slightly adjust the amount each month when one drops off and the new one adds on.

That's what you get for buying your electricity from a 30 yr old video gaming system.

Reactions: 8 people

Yeah man it’s absolutely crazy and people are pissed, rightfully so. My reading was fine but I had a friend who had a bill for $480 for a small 2 bedroom house.

Could we use one of these for a QB transfer instead of a 19

Maybe we can. That would nice. I didn’t think of that scenario. That also still leaves a spot open for Copeland/Beal/ITS if one decides they want in. Hopefully we get one of those even though I know it’s unlikely

NSD predictions from 247

Walker
Peterson
Gooden
Mincey
Flowers

That’s pretty solid although obviously light on DBs, which I agree is odd given Pruitt’s specialty with DBs. But I will take it. I have a feeling those two LBs will be household names before they are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back