Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we all brace for our collective nutkicks tomorrow, please keep in mind that not only is Butch gone, but also that our coach is not named Schiano, Doeren or Steele.

It will still be a great day to be all Vol!!

That attitude is so 2 months ago. The new hotness is: "sign a top 10 class tomorrow or our recruiting mega-staff sucks."

Reactions: 2 people
I will really be let down if Walker does not sign...

Yeah I think if that happens the class kind of keeps us where we are roster wise. Some really good pieces mixed in with a lot of D1 athletes that have potential. Grab them both and I think at least our line backing corps starts to look elite.

Who knows. Pruitt is learning it ain’t easy to recruit to a 4-8 program that has been a complete circus the last ten years.

That attitude is so 2 months ago. The new hotness is: "sign a top 10 class tomorrow or our recruiting mega-staff sucks."

I don’t get that narrative. It doesn’t square with what happened at Texas last year and now this year. Herman didn’t forget how to recruit last year and suddenly remember this year.

I don’t get that narrative. It doesn’t square with what happened at Texas last year and now this year. Herman didn’t forget how to recruit last year and suddenly remember this year.

Just serving up a few slices of realsberry pie, compliments of Chef Gucci.

Reactions: 1 person
The rule has changed:

15.5.1.9.1.1 Application. [FBS] A prospective student-athlete who signs a National Letter of Intent
or an institutional offer of financial aid or a student-athlete who signs a financial aid agreement that
specifies financial aid will be initially provided in the fall term of an academic year shall count toward
the annual limit on signings for that academic year.
A prospective student-athlete who signs a National
Letter of Intent or an institutional offer of financial aid or a student-athlete who signs a financial aid
agreement that specifies financial aid will be initially provided during the second or third term of the
academic year may count toward the limit for that academic year or the limit for the next academic
year. (Adopted: 1/14/12 effective 8/1/12, Revised: 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17 for signings that occur on or after
8/1/17)

It used to say:

15.5.1.9.1 Limitation on Number of National Letter of Intent/Offer of Financial Aid Signings—Bowl
Subdivision Football. [FBS] In bowl subdivision football, there shall be an annual limit of
25 on the number of prospective student-athletes who may sign a National Letter of Intent or an institutional
offer of financial aid from December 1 through May 31. (Adopted: 1/16/10 effective 8/1/10, Revised:
1/14/12 effective 8/1/12)

Thus, it should do away with Blue Shirts. I know Hubbs is saying we could possibly BS some guys, but I don't know if that is guessing on his part. Because the new rules are meant to do away with back and forward counting, making a hard 25 cap. GS are still allowed because they don't get their aid until after the first season.

I’ve given up on the subject. Blueshirt their azzes off I say! :boredom:

As we all brace for our collective nutkicks tomorrow, please keep in mind that not only is Butch gone, but also that our coach is not named Schiano, Doeren or Steele.

How Dave Doeren got an offer I’ll never know. Woulda been a 7 win ceiling

Reactions: 2 people
200.webp

Does anybody else here have NES electric? Last month they misread my meter so I called & read it to them myself & it was $80 cheaper.

This month their reading was $370!!! For a freaking 3 bedroom apartment.

Two possibilities:

1. You need to turn some stuff off occasionally.

2. The meter reader is your new girl’s ex and he is a little upset...

Maybe a little of both?

:)

I've got my bullet proof cup, so I'm good.

200w.gif

Reactions: 5 people
tennessee has yet to announce of the details of its first spring practice under new coach jeremy pruitt.

But espn's online programming guide already may have revealed the day and time of the vols' annual orange & white game.

According to the guide, tennessee's spring game is slated for a 2 p.m. Et start on april 21 and will be televised by the sec network.

(want the latest scoop on tennessee football and basketball? Make sure you're in the loop — take five seconds to sign up for our free vols newsletter now!)

the sec has yet to release a schedule of the league's spring football games.

The 2017 orange & white game also was televised by the sec network.

The vols are expected to begin spring practice on march 20, the week following the university's spring break.

Reactions: 3 people
It sucks that we are probably going to miss out on 2018 but only because of Pruitt do we even have a chance. Thank Butch ****ing Jones for shutting the bed this year. 2019 has the chance to be a great class

It sucks that we are probably going to miss out on 2018 but only because of Pruitt do we even have a chance. Thank Butch ****ing Jones for shutting the bed this year. 2019 has the chance to be a great class

Three bowl championships though

I’m telling you guys to buckle up. The 2018 season is going to be just as bumpy a ride as this recruiting cycle. I can see that coming a mile away....

He does not have to flip the roster. We were 12th in 2017 in Team Talent Composite based on recruit rankings, and it's not like we're losing a ton of players. I understand that results on the field matter, but, if Pruitt coaches the way we think he can, this shouldn't be a long-term turnaround. My money is on a decent season, with a decent bowl, followed by a top 5 recruiting class.

Those numbers mean nothing to me. Here are the numbers that really tell you more about the measure of talent on this team...0-8 and 4-8. Until I see otherwise out of them, and they start playing up to those HS rankings, that is all the evidence that matters to me...It is just a team full of busts.

I’m telling you guys to buckle up. The 2018 season is going to be just as bumpy a ride as this recruiting cycle. I can see that coming a mile away....

Absolutely. Unfortunately, Pruitt is inheriting a decade and a half of the fanbase's anxiety about the state of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back