Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been back and forth to the hospital again :( can someone give me a quick easy update on how Wenseday is shaping up?

I have the sneaky feeling that tomorrow will be better than most think. Pruitt has something up his sleeve. He knows the sites are trending us down and I just don't think he would let us crawl across the finish line like that.

Reactions: 1 person
Do punters normally get drafted? I can’t think of one but then again I’m usually not dialed into my tv during the later rounds

Some do. You have to be pretty elite. And this is kind of a deep punter class as funny as that sounds. The kid from Texas will definitely be drafted and I think the kid from Utah if he came out will too. And Trevor also fits that bill IMO so it will be interesting to see if they all do.

Edit: Before last year there was about a 10 year run of between 1 and 3 punters drafted every year. 3 were drafted in a bunch of years.

This years punting class rankings on one site.

WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft: Punter Rankings

Last edited:
So if ITS picks USC & Palmer picks NCst then we struck out on pretty much every defensive back we were in on, correct?

Some do. You have to be pretty elite. And this is kind of a deep punter class as funny as that sounds. The kid from Texas will definitely be drafted and I think the kid from Utah if he came out will too. And Trevor also fits that bill IMO so it will be interesting to see if they all do.

Yeah just looked it up, so no punters were taken last year but 3 the year before!

Going back looks like an average of 1-2 a year. Hopefully someone snags Daniel late

I have been able to confirm what Jayson Swain tweeted out a little bit ago. Former Vol Kevin Simon is joining coach Pruitt's staff in an off the field role.

Not sure the exact title yet, but it's something with player development. Kevin has been in the NFL for the last 10 years or so working as a scout for the Cowboys and most recently with the Falcons.

Simon is in Knoxville working today.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 10 people
Does anyone know if any of our rivals are sending out late offers? I've not seen them if they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back