Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's quite a bit of apathy among donors. That's why UTAD is floating the idea of raising ticket prices. Capital gifts covered the last reno. This time, donors aren't buying in to the same promises.

How about we just don’t do a renovation and worry about winning some damn games first?

I say chaffe...AND use it as a verb, my thing. :) I never bragged about my fan level because it would be akin to grading myself as an excellent driver by merely not killing anyone. And speaking of “straw man” I don’t regard history of the team I fan for as PERSONAL tough times...just the WAY THINGS ARE. Like your “war” reference. Thought I heard the faint tune of the Platoon Elias scene music when you were describing your VFL brother. You have every right to regale us with how apathetic you and your family are and I have every right to state how many ***** I don’t give about your family. :hi:

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you about "true fandom," as I find no discussion more tedious and cannot imagine a worse conversation partner, so let me just say instead: thank you so much for your service and all the sacrifices you've made. Leck mich am Arsch.

Reactions: 2 people
Been saying it for a while their formula was a ponzi scheme. It was going to crash and burn at some point. They better hope Pruitt is a home run because if not I'm not sure it will recover.

You mind describing the Ponzi scheme? Not being argumentative, genuinely would like to get your thoughts.

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you about "true fandom," as I find no discussion more tedious and cannot imagine a worse conversation partner, so let me just say instead: thank you so much for your service and all the sacrifices you've made. Leck mich am Arsch.

If you’d apply as much caring for the team as you already have in our little meaningless exchange, we’d have never heard your tale and it would be like winning the NC again. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
If you’d apply as much caring for the team as you already have in our little meaningless exchange, we’d have never heard your tale and it would be like winning the NC again. :lol:

was his last part german for lick my arse? im too afraid to look it up

Hey Invol, how do you think our BBVols fair tonight? Probably will have to beat UK and the zebras, especially coming off of a loss. I’m sure the UK boosters dropped an extra hefty bag off for the refs tonight.

The suspense is killing me !

Will these signing day trolls aggravate Butchna enough so he gets a vacation?

A certain kitty needs to be dropped into the middle of a busy highway. 🤓

Reactions: 2 people
The suspense is killing me !

Will these signing day trolls aggravate Butchna enough so he gets a vacation?

Nah. Venting a little today before we KNOW anything. Haven’t wished death on anybody important. :cool2:

You mind describing the Ponzi scheme? Not being argumentative, genuinely would like to get your thoughts.

I think the UT administration, BOT down has counted on UT fans to show up and spend money regardless of who they hired or how much money they spent to win. They have taken fan loyalty for granite (another one I'd had forgotten about:)). Revenue has pretty much been maxed out for the last few years. Season Tix sales were about reasonably maxed out. TV revenue was pretty much fixed. Not much room for significant gains in revenue. So why spend a bunch of money on operating expenses, coaching salaries? May as well roll the dice and change out coaches every 4-5 years, hoping you hit on a winner rather than spend $10mil like A&M did on a big name coach. It makes financial sense. I'm not talking about just head coach money either. I said it before, despite having similar revenue, we spend roughly half of what Bama does in football. Tennessee is perfectly content making the money they make with what they perceive as little to no risk. When will Tennessee fans tire of it? I think we're seeing some of it now. We'll see but I truly believe if CJP fails, we may never recover.

Hey Invol, how do you think our BBVols fair tonight? Probably will have to beat UK and the zebras, especially coming off of a loss. I’m sure the UK boosters dropped an extra hefty bag off for the refs tonight.

Very tough to be KY at Rupp. I'll be surprised if we win. We have a shot because I think.this team is mature for their age. Won't be upset if we lose because of the task at hand. I'll be thrilled if we can split these two road games.

I think the UT administration, BOT down has counted on UT fans to show up and spend money regardless of who they hired or how much money they spent to win. They have taken fan loyalty for granite (another one I'd had forgotten about:)). Revenue has pretty much been maxed out for the last few years. Season Tix sales were about reasonably maxed out. TV revenue was pretty much fixed. Not much room for significant gains in revenue. So why spend a bunch of money on operating expenses, coaching salaries? May as well roll the dice and change out coaches every 4-5 years, hoping you hit on a winner rather than spend $10mil like A&M did on a big name coach. It makes financial sense. I'm not talking about just head coach money either. I said it before, despite having similar revenue, we spend roughly half of what Bama does in football. Tennessee is perfectly content making the money they make with what they perceive as little to no risk. When will Tennessee fans tire of it? I think we're seeing some of it now. We'll see but I truly believe if CJP fails, we may never recover.

Thanks and I don't disagree. I'm very confident in Pruitt, but if he can't get it done, I'm not sure we'll ever be back.

Would be nice but long term goal of getting kids away would be hurt by an assault charge

Find the child with marks. Beat the **** out of him. You did it in the heat of the moment and charges will never stick. It would also bring more attention from law enforcement and protective services for the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back