Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glancing ahead, here is the average age & average talent of the 11 players assumed to be starting on both sides of the ball this Saturday in their respective games for Florida & Tennessee based on depth charts each school published this week. Obviously there is plenty of time for this to change before the Fourth Saturday in September. (Note: I took 4 sophomores as starters for us on offense so we have some modest upside on both age and talent depending on how the "ORs" shake out).

UT Offense: Age = 19.8 Talent = 0.9211
FL Defense: Age = 19.6 Talent = 0.8994

FL Offense: Age = 20.7 Talent = 0.9104
UT Defense: Age = 20.6 Talent = 0.9292

Age Reference:
FR = 18
RSFR/SO = 19
RSSO/JR = 20
RSJR/SR = 21
RSSR = 22

Talent Reference = 247 Composite

Any idea when they're going to release their full team talent composite database? Today? Tomorrow?

The best case scenario of this season and quite honestly program is if Chryst never sees the field.
So you don't think he has earned the right to take some snaps? When I listen to Pruitts press conference I hear him get asked questions about who is gonna start where and he eludes to that we have several kids at the different positions that have earned a right to take snaps. Which i think is great. Give the "starters" a breather, sure it will lessen chances to get injured as well. Imo

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
So you don't think he has earned the right to take some snaps? When I listen to Pruitts press conference I hear him get asked questions about who is gonna start where and he eludes to that we have several kids at the different positions that have earned a right to take snaps. Which i think is great. Give the "starters" a breather, sure it will lessen chances to get injured as well. Imo

No. I think Chryst gives us the best chance to win. I think he is a better QB right now than JG. That’s my opInion and i seem to be in the minority on that.

But in terms of ideal scenario for our team and program...JG (or shrout or McBride) winning the job, keeping it, and playing well gives us a major positive going into next year.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
I could accept JG as the starter a lot more if he would just FIX HIS GOT DANG CHINSTRAP!!! Dude looks like a CDC student with his chinstrap like that.

Any idea when they're going to release their full team talent composite database? Today? Tomorrow?

I've no idea now. I don't ever remember it being this late. I was thinking maybe they downsized their backroom staff or something but they have all the rosters updated with names and data, everything with the exception of some individual player ratings. Somebody with social media access might try asking Rucker or Brown or one of the other guys on the Tennessee beat.

Glancing ahead, here is the average age & average talent of the 11 players assumed to be starting on both sides of the ball this Saturday in their respective games for Florida & Tennessee based on depth charts each school published this week. Obviously there is plenty of time for this to change before the Fourth Saturday in September. (Note: I took 4 sophomores as starters for us on offense so we have some modest upside on both age and talent depending on how the "ORs" shake out).

UT Offense: Age = 19.8 Talent = 0.9211
FL Defense: Age = 19.6 Talent = 0.8994

FL Offense: Age = 20.7 Talent = 0.9104
UT Defense: Age = 20.6 Talent = 0.9292

Age Reference:
FR = 18
RSFR/SO = 19
RSSO/JR = 20
RSJR/SR = 21
RSSR = 22

Talent Reference = 247 Composite
Florida is returning 10 starters on offense. That should be a matter of some concern. They are as unproven at QB as we are, I think.

It’s not all gloom and doom from those in the national media when it comes to Tennessee, though. ESPN College GameDay analyst Kirk Herbstreit has already hinted at picking the Vols in an upset on “SEC This Morning” with Peter Burns earlier in the week. On the latest episode of his podcast, “Herbstreit and Fitzsimmons,” Herbstreit calls his shot and takes the Volunteers over the Mountaineers. Don’t sleep on the Vols this season, he says.

“I’m going to give you West Virginia and Tennessee. So much excitement, and I don’t blame them. Will Grier, West Virginia is going to throw it around,” Herbstreit said. “They’ve got all these playmakers, which they do. Poor old Tennessee, they’ve got a new coach, nobody knows any of their players, and they don’t have a chance. Be careful. Tennessee sneaking around. I think Tennessee upsets West Virginia in Week 1 … Don’t be shocked if in the third quarter you’re watching that game, and old Tennessee is not only within striking distance. They may have the lead. I think they get it done for Jeremy Pruitt in Week 1.”

There aren’t many analysts in the national media who are on the Tennessee bandwagon — at least in this game. Herbstreit appears to be driving it. In his appearance on “SEC This Morning,” Herbstreit told Burns that “Tennessee gives West Virginia a run for their money in Week 1.” His latest comments just take that a step farther by picking the Vols to pull off the upset.

Most oddsmakers in Vegas have Tennessee listed as either a 9.5-point or 10-point underdog to West Virginia. If you buy what Herbstreit is selling, hop on a plane to Vegas and get a bet in on Tennessee to win outright. By the time the first College GameDay picks of the season take place on Saturday, Herbstreit’s pick in this game won’t be much of a surprise.

I figured from the beginning it would be better for the program if JG won the job - but he would need to win the job, not just be in a situation where Chryst did not meet expectations. Putting together the scraps of information we get, it appears maybe a little of both is true.

The QB position makes me nervous, but if we can get adequate play and keep the front 7 on D healthy it should be an interesting season.

It feels so good to look forward to watching football again

Yes sir, should be a good game. Northwestern's defense against Purdue's offense should be a fun matchup to watch. Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of Pat Fitzgerald than I am of Jeff Brohm.

Pat Fitzgerald should be the next head coach getting “the big job”. LSU if they move on from Ed O should call him in a heart beat.

Don't know why been thinking cam. Either way auburn was rolling until adjustments. He isn't stubbornly think his original gameplan is fine if it's not actually working. I could see similar initial struggles with west VA offense early then he will catch on to their new stuff and sniff it out.
Word on the street was somehow he found out Auburn knew their signals and he changed them up at halftime

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back