Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAMU is good. Their QB has some serious talent and grit. He threw for almost 400 yards in the second half.

Would be nice if Clemson played a real schedule so we could find out how good they really are rather than them dominating cupcakes all season and only having a couple real opponents to prepare for. Pull up their schedule this season, it's pathetic.

I mean it’s not really their fault the ACC seems to be garbage this year outside of like 3 teams. They scheduled play two SEC teams. It’s similar to Bama last year.

They’re legit but I don’t think Bryant is the QB that can lead them past bama

What does "He had some experience misses" even mean?

Butch Jones: "Well, in the quest for a Champions of Life title, you have many opportunities for various types of reps. Mental reps. Practice reps. Experience reps. Faux reps. Desire reps. Eventually, you get to the lesser important actual live game reps.

So, to miss experience reps means that they screwed the pooch and had the opportunity to learn a lesson but didn't.

Next quetion...."

Janitor: "Uhhh... who are you and who are you talking to. Everybody left the press conference an hour ago."

Butch Jones: "Uhh...well...I was taking some mental press conference reps for when I get my next big shot. You don't have to tell Mr. Saban about this right?"

Janitor: "I don't even know who you are but I'm calling security."

TAMU is good. Their QB has some serious talent and grit. He threw for almost 400 yards in the second half.

Would be nice if Clemson played a real schedule so we could find out how good they really are rather than them dominating cupcakes all season and only having a couple real opponents to prepare for. Pull up their schedule this season, it's pathetic.

Well...I mean, they beat TAMU. DEFINITELY not carrying the torch for them but, they beat a good team that, imo, will only get better as the year goes on.

Clemson plays in a weaker conference but I don't think anyone can deny that they've set the bar pretty high for the rest of the programs in the ACC, and no one seems to be able to keep up.

Well...I mean, they beat TAMU. DEFINITELY not carrying the torch for them but, they beat a good team that, imo, will only get better as the year goes on.

Clemson plays in a weaker conference but I don't think anyone can deny that they've set the bar pretty high for the rest of the programs in the ACC, and no one seems to be able to keep up.

Oh, I agree. Not blaming Clemson for their schedule. Just saying it would be nice to see them play a tough schedule to see how good they can really be. They're a great team and have been for awhile now but after A&M they get to coast into the ACCCG and then the playoffs.

Reactions: ob79
Did anyone watch TAMU v. Clemson? Thoughts on the game? Pretty close in year 1 against the #2 team
i watched the whole game. aTm is good. love that running back. their defense is better than i expected it to be.

still impressed wtih Clemson. they took a helluva shot from a good SEC w team on the road, and made enough plays to pull out a W. those are the types of games championship caliber teams win.

i think both schools should walk out of that game feeling pretty darn good about themselves. can see aTm being a 9 win team if they can replicate that in other big games this season.

i would wonder if they can muster the same energy and effort though....they were up for that game. clemson wipes it's brow, and moves on, and really only has maybe 1 or 2 challengers in the ACC. and it's probably closer to 1.

Oh, I agree. Not blaming Clemson for their schedule. Just saying it would be nice to see them play a tough schedule to see how good they can really be. They're a great team and have been for awhile now but after A&M they get to coast into the ACCCG and then the playoffs.

NC State, FSU, and SC lite could improve as the year goes on but, yeah, otherwise a bunch of cupcakes.

For once, it'd be nice not to have murderers row in the middle of our schedule on an annual basis while we [continue to] try and rebuild...

I'd trade schedules with them in a heartbeat.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Pretty sure if took a poll, half of VN would be in favor of moving to ACC coastal.

Only for a year. We're one of the pillars of this conference, just fallen on hard times. I'm SEC all the way.

SEC-It-Just-Means-More.gif

Reactions: ob79 and SugarCC
Butch Jones: "Well, in the quest for a Champions of Life title, you have many opportunities for various types of reps. Mental reps. Practice reps. Experience reps. Faux reps. Desire reps. Eventually, you get to the lesser important actual live game reps.

So, to miss experience reps means that they screwed the pooch and had the opportunity to learn a lesson but didn't.

Next quetion...."

Janitor: "Uhhh... who are you and who are you talking to. Everybody left the press conference an hour ago."

Butch Jones: "Uhh...well...I was taking some mental press conference reps for when I get my next big shot. You don't have to tell Mr. Saban about this right?"

Janitor: "I don't even know who you are but I'm calling security."

Uh, holy crap that was funny. seriously

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back