Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is easy-as-pie to say that NIL should be regulated. Perfectly regulated, I will add, and by an omniscient, omnipotent, and benevolent power, incapable of error. But the regulators have always proven to be corrupt and biased, and there no reason to expect better. If you look at the most loud-mouthed complainers like Saban, Dabo, and OSU, they are the biggest crooks. So it doesn't take omniscience to sniff out that they want their old crooked ways back.

And notice that when you have a flagrant NIL case -- like, to take a random example, Riley and USC with the inducement of the Pitt WR -- you don't see the NCAA and Forde (who is happily retweeting this stuff) going after them. They are on the hunt for someone they would like to scapegoat as a fake example. But the real lesson will be that exempted favorites are still exempted in the time-tested way.

We are compelled -- against our dearest and most pious wishes -- to finally concede that legal payment through NIL are preferable to under-the-table money together with the inevitable under-the-table regulation.

So while the new NIL system is not the best of all possible worlds, we need to appreciate that this least worst option (if someone wants to look at it that way) is the least worst choice in the only actual world that we have any knowledge of.

This in explanation of my earlier remark. But I'm not going to write a whole essay explaining this in detail. I only wish to explain my reaction to talk about NIL regulation. And the reason I earlier brought up the heinous and shameful ongoing coverup at Penn State is because it is as strong a proof as any reasonable person could require that the NCAA is playing favorites (by ignoring Penn State) at the very moment they are loudly pretending to be the even handed cop who is going to "save football." And so are all the journalists playing along.

Last edited:
It is easy-as-pie to say that NIL should be regulated. Perfectly regulated, I will add, and by an omniscient, omnipotent, and benevolent power, incapable of error. But the regulators have always proven to be corrupt and biased, and there no reason to expect better. If you look at the most loud-mouthed complainers like Saban, Dabo, and OSU, they are the biggest crooks. So it doesn't take omniscience to sniff out that they want their old crooked ways back.

And notice that when you have a flagrant NIL case -- like, to take a random example, Riley and USC with the inducement of the Pitt WR -- you don't see the NCAA and Forde (who is happily retweeting this stuff) going after them. They are on the hunt for someone they would like to scapegoat as a fake example. But the real lesson will be that exempted favorites are still exempted in the time-tested way.

We are compelled -- against our dearest and most pious wishes -- to finally concede that legal payment through NIL are preferable to under-the-table money together with the inevitable under-the-table regulation.

So while the new NIL system is not the best of all possible worlds, we need to appreciate that this least worst option (if someone wants to look at it that way) is the least worst choice in the only actual world that we have any knowledge of.

This in explanation of my earlier remark. But I'm not going to write a whole essay explaining this in detail. I only wish to explain my reaction to talk about NIL regulation. And the reason I earlier brought up the heinous and shameful ongoing coverup at Penn State is because it is as strong a proof as any reasonable person could require that the NCAA is playing favorites (by ignoring Penn State) at the very moment they are loudly pretending to be the even handed cop who is going to "save football." And so are all the journalists playing along.
Riley induced Addison to come play but won’t release Bru. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

There's a 4-year-old from Gallatin that's in the competition.

9cbf451e-960c-4500-a806-2a59b1ac419c-large16x9_mulletcontest.jpg

Tennessee boy, 4, lands USA Mullet Championship's top 25 list | WZTV (fox17.com)
He’s adorable. Go ahead and crown him.

Reactions: Glitch
As far as Forde goes, I should add, he may well be a really nice guy, who tells great stories by the fire pit, loves and supports his family, and doesn't kick his dog. I don't have anything against him personally. He just does a terrible job at his day job by being so biased. One would like to see him be even-handed in his role, which he is obviously proud of.

Last edited:
Don’t see how they validate those numbers with that crap conference. No one wants to watch their games.
They just bought up the CA market...might as well be the whole West Coast. Huge.

Doesn't matter. This money race is silly. There's only so much use they can put to X dollars. Actually glad Sankey looks like a jackass loser getting into this war. He deserves a 2nd place trophy. Maybe a nice pink slip one day. Then maybe the B1G deal will blow up in the broadcasters' faces...then we can stop this insanity and get back to creating a solid, national league around the fans and players.

This is crap and Sankey and the B1G have been at the forefront...all for the dolla dolla bills y'all...AS IF UNIVERSITIES AND HCS NEED MORE MONEY...oh and ofc we need those annual S&C renos for $1mm...I mean...someone is making bank. But it's downright silly, especially as long as they avoid paying the players and here the fans are picking up the NIL tabs, as universities bring in $1bb tv rights deals.

Smh

Unless they're taking their check(s) and giving it to their NIL collective, I don't see how this makes any/all of the programs better.

Otherwise it's just hounds, in the form of college football programs, bringing a kill home for the master (universities). A lot of people that have nothing to do with the programs will get raises, the coaches will probably get raises. Some new buildings. The stuff that's been happening for decades.

This is the era of the player. I'd rather have our collective be a part of a major media deal.
Beat me to it.

Well said sir.

Townsend itself isn't expensive like that, just BlackBerry Mtn homes. Private community. Several "stars" have homes there.
It that like Blackberry Farms?

We once looked up the cost to stay there and one of the rooms was like $4,500/night. We said ok that's so cheap why not and booked it for a month. We sold our house and paid it off. Currently homeless, but well worth it.

It that like Blackberry Farms?

We once looked up the cost to stay there and one of the rooms was like $4,500/night. We said ok that's so cheap why not and booked it for a month. We sold our house and paid it off. Currently homeless, but well worth it.
Yes. Some are private residences. Blackberry Mountain club is on the other side of 321. Back behind walland center. It’s a really nice place up on the mountain. The Bealls are in that one too

[I just deleted this because I really don't want to talk about Sankey's most splendid leadership, as you can imagine. 😏]

Last edited:
Reactions: Volsdeep4
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back