Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
While 10-bit reaches 1024 colors per channel, 8-bit will only reach 256 per channel. This means that 8-bit files will display 16.7 million colors, while 10-bit will display about 1.07 billion.
Most monitors only display 8bit, but the benefit comes in color grading. Log3 10bit gives a massive advantage in dynamic range and allows much more precise color grading.

Generally, rec. 709 is the color format displayed on most broadcasts. The delog LUT I'm looking for transforms 10bit log3 into rec. 709.

4k TV 8 Bit vs 10 Bit – Gadget Review

104.5 The Zone just reported that Ethan Davis will miss his senior season with a torn labrum. I hate to see a kid miss his last year of high school ball. Prayers for a full recovery.
Similar to what happened to Jalen Hurd during the first game of his senior season. Health and durability was never the issue for him as a Vol.

LG g8. Filmic pro w/ cinematographer's kit for 10bit. Vegas Pro 20.
Just trying to get it to standard rec 709 and then adjust the grade how I like it.
View attachment 481937View attachment 481938View attachment 481941

Weird...the website has the LUTs to download. And if you're dropping the footage into Vegas Pro 20 then it shouldn't matter if the LUT is for iOS or not unless they've got it locked down for a MAC only use case...

But I'm assuming you've already tried to just use the iOS LUT in Vegas Pro and it didn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra

we're gonna get their ass.

add what you see above to what Narduzzi has been saying this offseason...

"Our old offensive coordinator had no desire to run the ball. Everybody knew. He was stubborn. I mean Wake Forest was 118th in run defense and we threw the ball every down. When we ran it, we ran for 10 yards but that wasn’t good enough. So [Pickett] was banged up, so maybe if he didn’t bang him up all season, maybe he would’ve played [in the bowl game].”

Based on the comments Narduzzi has made throughout the offseason, it sounds like Pitt is going to lean more heavily on the running game in 2022. Frank Cignetti Jr., who Narduzzi hired to replace Whipple, has a track record of utilizing a ground attack — for better or for worse.

“I feel even better about our staff now than I did a year ago. That’s a fact,” Narduzzi said. “I don’t care if we win one football game. We’ve got better people coaching in those positions on offense. I can guarantee you that, OK? I’m just giving you facts. Coach Cignetti. Coach Underwood. Couldn’t be any better.”

The Pitt game might end up looking like the South Carolina game. I think we're going to race away from them in the 1st quarter and they'll have to get off of this all-run, anti-pass mentality that Narduzzi is doubling down on. Then we got em right where we want em.

I think I'll watch this again:

Weird...the website has the LUTs to download. And if you're dropping the footage into Vegas Pro 20 then it should matter if the LUT is for iOS or not unless they've got it locked down for a MAC only use case...

But I'm assuming you've already tried to just use the iOS LUT in Vegas Pro and it didn't work.
I tried it. . . the grade is really messed up for some reason. They have 8bit & 10bit, but all 10bit says iOS only. 8bit to 10bit is unusable. Strangely, they have one 10bit for iOS only, labeled, vibrant, that seems to work pretty well.
I'll probably just shoot in hybrid or use vibrant LUT. Could grade it myself, which isn't too hard, except when I'm trying to edit together 30 different shots. Much easier to slap a LUT on and adjust the highs/lows in waveform.

we're gonna get their ass.

add what you see above to what Narduzzi has been saying this offseason...

The Pitt game might end up looking like the South Carolina game. I think we're going to race away from them in the 1st quarter and they'll have to get off of this all-run, anti-pass mentality that Narduzzi is doubling down on. Then we got em right where we want em.

I think I'll watch this again:

😆

Edit: removed a video that was not necessarily family friendly

Reactions: BigSteve09
I tried it. . . the grade is really messed up for some reason. They have 8bit & 10bit, but all 10bit says iOS only. 8bit to 10bit is unusable. Strangely, they have one 10bit for iOS only, labeled, vibrant, that seems to work pretty well.
I'll probably just shoot in hybrid or use vibrant LUT. Could grade it myself, which isn't too hard, except when I'm trying to edit together 30 different shots. Much easier to slap a LUT on and adjust the highs/lows in waveform.

Well, my advice is grade it yourself and create your own LUT then you'll have it from then on to use when needed for your specific use case. I don't really use LUTs, but I grade in Resolve and it offers a color space transform node in the workflow that does the conversion.

I have to agree that I'd be MORE worried if our DBs were shutting down our WRs.

Tillman was in the hunt for a ton of awards last season, as was Hooker. Both are back and have spent even more time getting better and more comfortable in this offense. Hyatt has put in a ton of work and is also in his 2nd year, as is Walker. Most our WRs have either a size or speed advantage over every single DB they will face. Hendo to Tillman should be money regardless of who the DB is if it's a 1 on 1, and that's what I expect. It sounded like Hendo delivered a great ball and Tillman made a great play more than Burrell was just trash.

Well, my advice is grade it yourself and create your own LUT then you'll have it from then on to use when needed for your specific use case. I don't really use LUTs, but I grade in Resolve and it offers a color space transform node in the workflow that does the conversion.
I'll probably have to make a preset LUT. Only problem is I'm a rookie and I don't know exactly what constitutes rec. 709.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back