Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I like about this, above all, is that it the closest we will likely ever get to a level playing field in scheduling.

Therefore, I expect the Marlboro Reds to tell Sankey to publicly back it, while adding teams behind everyone's back as fast as possible to make it impossible soon thereafter. I want to see AL play GA every other year, at the least. This would do it.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX and JT3
Sorry if I offend any true believers, but

has a full roundhouse kick actually ever done any real damage in a fight? I just don't get it. It takes forever to do a 360 spin...so the other person can probably knock you off balance in the meantime. And even if you are super quick during your spin...is the spinning motion supposed to add power to your final kick? I just don't get how it's supposed to end in an extra powerful kick.

@me all you want, but I'll stick with my leg sweeps at Waffle House

You gotta be ungodly to do a full roundhouse kick in a real fight or you just wait until your opponent is worn down and use it as a finishing move. But I gotta admit that that would be a pretty cruel thing to do.

Random, but I was replying to folks on Anthony Richardson after I dug around on his stats from last year...figured a few of you might find the breakdown interesting. Tl;dr his stats are inflated by beating up creampuffs. Hasn't proved squat at the P5 level.

His stats can be very misleading to those that don't dig deep enough.

Sure his passing stats aren't great, but he has a 144 QBR and high YPA, right? He also runs for an astonishing 7+ YPC. Dang! What a weapon...

In fact, his overall YPP is over 8, about .5 higher than Hooker's. Granted, his overall TD:INT ratio of only 9:5 isn't spectacular, but fine. He's efficient, right?

So why dog him?

Now we take away all those creampuff FCS and G5 games and narrow it to down to P5 opponents, which are the games that really matter to us and our analysis of how he may play against us and our conference neighbors.

Well well...suddenly his YPP drops from 8.09 to 4.98...

Meanwhile Hooker's stays steady, at 7.34 YPP. 2.36 YPP...or 47% higher than Richardson's.

And while HH keeps an ABSURD 9.7 (total, passing + rushing) TD:INT ratio at the P5 level...AR has a poor 1:1 ratio.

Not saying AR can't improve, nor can he be dangerous. But he is lightyears behind the great CFB QBs. And he just lost one of the top playcallers in CFB in Mullen vs a guy that struggles to call anything. Napier is just a recruiter, rah rah guy.

/rant

Just got my tickets to the lsu game, will be my first sec road game. Any advise on where to eat or how to best experience the game day atmosphere for those that have been there? Will be taking the rv down with 6 friends.
Stay on campus. Leave promptly.

Lol, Baton Rouge didn't seem very inviting. We were welcomed to tailgates from LSU fans and enjoyed great jambalaya and gumbo. The worst part are the fans that get in your face and scream "Tiger Bait!" without provocation.

It's annoying when children do it, it's just sad when the grown methed up men do it. It's like the Georgia fans that's bark.

I enjoyed it though. The stadium is awesome.

Stay on campus. Leave promptly.

Lol, Baton Rouge didn't seem very inviting. We were welcomed to tailgates from LSU fans and enjoyed great jambalaya and gumbo. The worst part are the fans that get in your face and scream "Tiger Bait!" without provocation.

It's annoying when children do it, it's just sad when the grown methed up men do it. It's like the Georgia fans that's bark.

I enjoyed it though. The stadium is awesome.

In 2011, after the LSU game, I rode a KAT bus back to the Civic Colosseum and my uncle and I were the only UT fans. LSU was ranked No. 1 at the time. They were probably the nicest fans I’ve been around aside from Va. Tech fans at Bristol.

What I like about this, above all, is that it the closest we will likely ever get to a level playing field in scheduling.

Therefore, I expect the Marlboro Reds to tell Sankey to publicly back it, while adding teams behind everyone's back as fast as possible to make it impossible soon thereafter. I want to see AL play GA every other year, at the least. This would do it.

Also it would eliminate us having to play Georgia and Florida every year. I'm for it as well.

Rewatching Mizzou and SCar games from last year.

Man, was Tiyon Evan’s good! Sure wish we had him this year. Did we ever get the story on why he quit like he did?
I think he wants to beat up on some little teams and then bolt to the league asap. I wouldn't be surprised if he sits out some games again.

OTOH, if Louisville beats Kroger 🤣 He really is talented.

There’s this Children’s show called Wild Kratts that my kids were low-key obsessed with (me too if I’m honest.) They talked about mycelium, and how the fungi network in a forest creates this central nervous system for trees in a thick grove that can actually interpret which trees are unhealthy and distribute nutrients to a failing tree. It blew my mind.

Holy ish. The Hist is real!
Hist

Rewatching Mizzou and SCar games from last year.

Man, was Tiyon Evan’s good! Sure wish we had him this year. Did we ever get the story on why he quit like he did?
Did not like to practice, then when hurt he thought the training staff wasn’t helping him……from what I heard

Also it would eliminate us having to play Georgia and Florida every year. I'm for it as well.
It would be more even. We would play everybody each two year period and then swap home and away sites and repeat the next two years. So we would still get to play them. Those are great games!!! And so would everybody else.

In 2011, after the LSU game, I rode a KAT bus back to the Civic Colosseum and my uncle and I were the only UT fans. LSU was ranked No. 1 at the time. They were probably the nicest fans I’ve been around aside from Va. Tech fans at Bristol.
I was pretty surprised. Overall very nice. I went to a Mississippi State game and wore a UT hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back