Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
mOaR MoNeY iS aLl ThAt MaTtErS

Screw all the G5s and FCS programs that rely on those games just to survive. And forget getting your freshman and walkons in on any games. Just go batter yourselves through a 9 game monster schedule of top 25 teams and leave November with 85 injured, bruised, and broken players.

Smdh

Yep these ADs don’t understand importance of these cupcake games in terms of developing your backend of the roster. They just see an opportunity to save millions From not paying lower level schools and making more money in process

WhichJaggedEgg-size_restricted.gif
dOl2LFw0RbTMc.gif

Reactions: HalfullVol
Does anyone else ever find it odd how some adults will tell you "I'm going to the bathroom" or "I have to go to the bathroom" as if they couldn't just walk off on their own volition like any other adult and take care of their business? I mean, you're not 5 years old. You don't need help, do you? 😂 Ok, well maybe folks InVol's age do...but I give Old Yellers free passes on saying weird things.

I usually respond with something snarky like, "call us when you get there and keep us updated". I just don't get it 🧐

People do that to let you know they are not just leaving. If someone is with a group of people and need to take or make an important phone call or some other type of modern messaging, they will usually do the same thing.."hey be right back, I just got to go do some business for a minute".

There is nothing gross or stupid about it.

wait I said I believe.

You are now locked in as the provider of the EE info. If this information proves to be incorrect, you will be tarred and feathered just prior to your execution by disembowelment after which your body will be drawn and quartered and your remains will be sent to the four corners of the VN empire as a warning to any other posters who like to fling about information they "believe" will happen with reckless abandon.

Have a wonderful day.

You are now locked in as the provider of the EE info. If this information proves to be incorrect, you will be tarred and feathered just prior to your execution by disembowelment after which your body will be drawn and quartered and your remains will be sent to the four corners of the VN empire as a warning to any other posters who like to fling about information they "believe" will happen with reckless abandon.

Have a wonderful day.

'I bring no info...'
4265F206-7BCA-4ED5-9BDB-396D184C6D53.gif

mOaR MoNeY iS aLl ThAt MaTtErS

Screw all the G5s and FCS programs that rely on those games just to survive. And forget getting your freshman and walkons in on any games. Just go batter yourselves through a 9 game monster schedule of top 25 teams and leave November with 85 injured, bruised, and broken players.

Smdh
Thr cupcake games are a complete waste if time. They need to get.

Reactions: theutvolunteers
You know, before you respond to someone’s post it would be helpful to know the context in which it was posted.

we were talking about recruiting momentum…

exceed expectations and the rocket takes off
I don't think what you said is true as far as recruiting goes, it depends on how the record is achieved. If we have our normal (for us) set of injuries in key spots to what is an already thin roster...then 7-5 is going to be a struggle.

People expecting 9+ wins are going to be the same caustic buttholes that start screaming to fire Heupel or some of his staff when it doesn't happen.

I'm "optimistic" that if several things go our way for the first time in two decades that 9+ is possible....but I don't "expect" it to happen and therefore I will not be one of the toxic idiots further degrading our program when that "expectation" is not met to my satisfaction.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
You know, before you respond to someone’s post it would be helpful to know the context in which it was posted.

we were talking about recruiting momentum…

exceed expectations and the rocket takes off
But I do agree that if we are able to exceed expectations, that recruiting (if we raise enough NIL money) will go even better.

That guy really understands that W-L record is not always the greatest tool for evaluating a teams strength.

That is why AP has us out of top 25...they know it will be hard for us to win 9+ games, and so they rank us according to what they think our record will probably be instead of how good our team really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back