Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The downside is all these other games seem so boring. Not only are we winning, but we are the most fun team to watch in college football.

Watch it with a different mindset. How would we handle either team? It’s really fun.

Watched the Oklahoma State vs Texas Tech. OSU Cowboys are ranked above us currently. And my opinion is that they aren’t even in the same league as our backups.

It’s been so long since I have felt this way. I had quit watching college football except for suffering through our games. It’s been depressing for way too long… 😈

Now it’s about payback and reveling in the misery of other teams. I am not vindictive in life in general…but college football needs to know that these and all future Tennessee Volunteers are gonna alter the CFB landscape. I want it to be so bad that we break the 1939 teams regular season accomplishment of unscored upon in the regular season. No team has ever come close. It’s our destiny.

15-0 🤠

OU brass is gonna be casting their gaze eastward very soon.
For the first time ever I'm not concerned. Everyone is pulling in the same direction. Every program is going up. The AD is going to retire in Knoxville and they've been together for 5 or 6 years now. We will outbid everyone to keep him, just like we did Barnes and Vitello.

Another reason he won't go back- he left OU with a sour taste in his mouth from his own head coach. He's not from OK and South Dakota doesn't have a major D1 program. Very soon he will get to kick OUs teeth in. Heupel has been nothing but honest since day one. And I don't think he's lying when he talks about how much he loves Knoxville and Rocky Top. I always knew Butch, Dooley, and Pruitt were full of it when they made those comments, and they rarely made those comments.

For the first time ever I'm not concerned. Everyone is pulling in the same direction. Every program is going up. The AD is going to retire in Knoxville and they've been together for 5 or 6 years now. We will outbid everyone to keep him, just like we did Barnes and Vitello.

Another reason he won't go back- he left OU with a sour taste in his mouth from his own head coach. He's not from OK and South Dakota doesn't have a major D1 program. Very soon he will get to kick OUs teeth in. Heupel has been nothing but honest since day one. And I don't think he's lying when he talks about how much he loves Knoxville and Rocky Top. I always knew Butch, Dooley, and Pruitt were full of it when they made those comments, and they rarely made those comments.

Exactly! They know they messed up out here too. I just tell them thank-you.

Have we ever had a Coach this human and appreciative of our fanbase?
We keep this up and he will retire at Tennessee 🙏🤞😁

Heupel played for a historic prestigious program at Oklahoma and loved his time there.

But I believe he’s genuine when he says he’s never seen a place like Tennessee. The passion, pageantry, and atmosphere is unrivaled.

Last edited:
Mississippi State has a real path to the SEC championship. Unfortunately they have to play both Georgia and Alabama like us.

Wouldn't that be an incredible SEC championship - Vols vs Bulldogs and two teams who did the unthinkable and both beat BOTH of the royalty to get there.

Miss State has 1 loss to LSU (and they were leading big before LSU had a crazy comeback). They should beat Kentucky on the road this weekend, then they go to Tuscaloosa where Alabama will be reeling from a drubbing to the Vols. If they pull off that upset they have a legit shot. Even if they lose to Georgia and have two losses, Bama will have 2 losses and they'd have the head to head. They'd just need to beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back