Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover 3:

Bud on Bama - without BY there are a lot of teams that can beat Alabama. They are not in their final form right now, and they do look vulnerable. They don't have the same caliber of cover guys back there that they're used to having, so if the pass rush isn't there then they look vulnerable.

On Vols:
Chip - I think Tennessee could be poised to jump ahead of Oklahoma State and a few other teams. Tennessee is undefeated, hosting Bama for the Third Saturday in October, for the biggest game in a very very long time in that rivalry. Given what we know about Tennessee and Alabama, what are the expectations? What do you think the line will be? What did Tennessee show you today as we get ready for that game against Alabama?

Bud - I think you need to figure out if Bama is going to have Bryce back or not, because he's probably worth a touchdown alone. On the Tennessee side, I wanna know if they will have Cedric Tillman, will they have Mincey. How will they look at corner? If I had to blindly throw this out there, I'm thinking Bama -7 with BY, Bama -1 or -1.5 in Knoxville without BY.

Tom - I think I'd have it closer to -10 with BY and then probably -3 without.

Bud - that's fair too, there's a lot of important questions. Tillman matters, ok. And so does Mincey because someone has to block Will Anderson.

Tom - they went to LSU and won by *27*. LSU did a lot of dumb stuff but Tennessee would have won without it. Tennessee looked like the far superior team. Tennessee dominated the line. So, Tennessee, for me, I have been skeptical. I am hearby declaring that Tennessee is *legit*, I believe in Tennessee, it feels like 98. [all laugh] Too far. But I do think this is a team that outside of UGA and Bama is the best team in the conference. We're looking at the top 25, I think the top 4 will still be Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, but Tennessee should be in that 5th spot. Tennessee has looked much better against much tougher competition than Michigan. I don't think Michigan deserves to be ahead of the Vols anymore. That's what I think of the Vols, they are one of the 5 best teams in the country.

Chip - the way that game played out, it was never in doubt. Tennessee went into *Baton Rouge* and gave LSU the business. [Bud/Tom chime in simultaneously - "Whooped Em!"] That is impressive stuff.

Bud - I want to give Tennessee all the credit. I think they are a top 10 team. On a neutral field I have them over Oklahoma State, and I think it's clear. But I also don't think LSU is any good right now.

Later when talking top 25:
Tom - I think Tennessee should be top 5, where do you have them?

Chip - 6, because the voters will keep the top 5 including Michigan where they are. I've got Tennessee jumping USC and Oklahoma St to 6 from 8.

Bud - I think voters will wait to do the Tennessee jump until they beat Bama. I know it's stupid logic but we've heard AP voters give their reasoning before. It wouldn't surprise me if Tennessee stayed where they are.

Mississippi State has a real path to the SEC championship. Unfortunately they have to play both Georgia and Alabama like us.

Wouldn't that be an incredible SEC championship - Vols vs Bulldogs and two teams who did the unthinkable and both beat BOTH of the royalty to get there.

Miss State has 1 loss to LSU (and they were leading big before LSU had a crazy comeback). They should beat Kentucky on the road this weekend, then they go to Tuscaloosa where Alabama will be reeling from a drubbing to the Vols. If they pull off that upset they have a legit shot. Even if they lose to Georgia and have two losses, Bama will have 2 losses and they'd have the head to head. They'd just need to beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.

Leach vs Heupel would be great. I’m looking forward to them rotating back on the schedule and hope Leach is still there when they do.

Though I am surprised they aren't going for the Mich-Penn St game to mix it up, even though our game is bigger. Have they ever gone to the same place twice in a season?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back