Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I to was afraid that we may have gotten to #8 to fast. I was so hoping it wasn't fluff if you know what I am trying to say. I know we joke about 15-0 but for the first time in over 10 years I really feel like we can beat anyone on our schedule. That is an awesome feeling after the fiasco we had to endure.
I don’t think anyone that posts 15-0 were joking. 🙂, that’s for you Doc when you get caught up. 🤛

Stupid LSU fan at the beach gave us a “L-S-U, L-S-U” chant when they saw my orange. She seemed mad about it. My wife in response…

“Yeah we beat y’all’s a$$ real good yesterday.”

There was no response. Thank you, Danny White. Josh Heupel, and team for making this moment possible.
And thank you to your wife.

Anyone notice the attendance for the Florida game recorded on Wikipedia? 105,639. Akron was listed at the new capacity of 101,915.

Thats the first time in a while that I've seen a Neyland game attendance listed over capacity. Wasn't there some fire marshall rule that stopped us from doing that?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
For us old people.. It actual goes back further than that. From 1985 to 2007 Tennessee won the SEC title 5 times, the division 5 times went to bowl games every year except 88 and 05. Played for 2 national titles, won 1. Had 2 Heisman runner ups and was a fixture in the top 10 and 20. We owned UGA and Bama for a decade each. And from 95 thru 04 we were a legit national title contender.

Long story short... What we're seeing this season is the Tennessee football program I knew for the first half of my life.

And it makes me happy to see it again. Go Vols.
Took it for granted when I was young that we were just that damn good. The last 15 years have been pure hell.

NFL better hold these refs accountable.

Just one of these days I want to see a team walk off the field after one of these garbage stunts. Throw an absolute Mongolian Olympic wrestling coach tantrum.
View attachment 498816
Be hard to hold them accountable when the nfl tells the officials to be extra cautious when protecting the qb.

My best friend is a Georgia fan and he thinks UGA sucks. He was so mad about lethargic they looked yesterday. I was like 'you just breast your longest running rival by more than 4 TD's lol'.

Freudian slip?? We know where your mind is at, lol.

It makes no sense...if we end up 11-2 or 10-3 it will be one of the best pure coaching jobs I have ever seen.

It is one thing to know plays, schemes and plans, lots of great football minds can do that part...it is whole nother thing to be able to teach this roster full of misfit toys to execute at this high of a level....in 18 months.

There has been no major infusion of ELITE talent like Saban got his second year...Heupel and staff are working with pretty much what they inherited, plus a few players off of the portal scrap heap.

I wonder how that kid that spurned us for Texas at the last minute is feeling watching Bru blow up?
Think he suffered a season ending injury IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back