Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I don’t think they will, IMO. It’s not just the drunk guys word. The report mentions that JMs girlfriend and another guy are who tended to the guy after he fell down the stairs after getting hit. Think they are even the ones who called the cops/ambulance. The story of what happened came from them not the drunk guy from what I just read. The GF is also who called JM back to the scene because he either locked himself back into his own apartment and wasn’t answering the door when the police were knocking, or he fled the scene, but she was cooperating with the cops.

As for how it happened it states the drunk guy as he was leaving said something along the lines of “You don’t have to be a (expletive) about it.” JM then followed him outside and punched him. There was blood on the stairs, the drunk guy was obviously pretty ****ed up and was missing teeth. The moment JM chased him outside he ****ed up.

It’s dumb that he was just minding his own business until this all happened but he made the choice, provoked or not, to go outside and hit him.

Well you can believe whatever you want. Lol, but I’m Law Enforcement and I’m telling you, that it doesn’t matter if Jaylen walked outside after the initial incident. A good lawyer will get this dropped.

I mean heck Kenneth George actually assaulted a cop and got arrested and the charges were dropped lol.

Unfortunately I don’t think they will, IMO. It’s not just the drunk guys word. The report mentions that JMs girlfriend and another guy are who tended to the guy after he fell down the stairs after getting hit. Think they are even the ones who called the cops/ambulance. The story of what happened came from them not the drunk guy from what I just read. The GF is also who called JM back to the scene because he either locked himself back into his own apartment and wasn’t answering the door when the police were knocking, or he fled the scene, but she was cooperating with the cops.

As for how it happened it states the drunk guy as he was leaving said something along the lines of “You don’t have to be a (expletive) about it.” JM then followed him outside and punched him. There was blood on the stairs, the drunk guy was obviously pretty ****ed up and was missing teeth. The moment JM chased him outside he ****ed up.

It’s dumb that he was just minding his own business until this all happened but he made the choice, provoked or not, to go outside and hit him.
Folks need to set their football wishes aside and look at this as rational people. Imagine you have an adult son who'd drank a bit too much, accidentally went into the wrong apartment, apologized, something...something, said "You don't need to be a dick about it", left... And someone followed him out after the need for any escalation at all, punched him down a flight of stairs and smashed his teeth out.

I'm not even saying this is what happened. I'm just saying that it's pretty sick to see people excusing this activity and calling to lie to the cops because they want an average safety back on the field for the Bama game.

Could be. Even if he turned around and left without saying anything, most of us would have followed him out to make sure he was leaving, at the very least. I am willing to wager the person who filed the charges at the very least said something. Would like to hear the rest of the story, for sure.

Fair or not, JM has more responsibility to make good decisions than that of a regular student. Poor choice on his part to not just de-escalate. Which again, might not be easy, but is required.

Folks need to set their football wishes aside and look at this as rational people. Imagine you have an adult son who'd drank a bit too much, accidentally went into the wrong apartment, apologized, something...something, said "You don't need to be a dick about it", left... And someone followed him out after the need for any escalation at all, punched him down a flight of stairs and smashed his teeth out.

I'm not even saying this is what happened. I'm just saying that it's pretty sick to see people excusing this activity and calling to lie to the cops because they want an average safety back on the field for the Bama game.
Imagine some drunk dude walked into your daughters apartment uninvited. This is the action you would hope for from her bf.

I hope they get justice. But you should never talk to the cops without a lawyer present. Especially if you have been involved in an altercation. Period.

Sounds to me like you are only looking at it from the victims point of view. While dismissing the facts. There is a difference in “perception” of events from both sides. There is also a lot of facts missing because McCullough was smart and didn’t talk to the police.

Lol. You saying we wish he will play so we are hoping it gets dropped is a fallacy, I think he sucks at Safety so I don’t care if he plays or not. But, looking at it from a reasonable perspective of current facts. The intoxicated individual is not in the winners seat. It’s actually quite the opposite from a legal perspective. A lawyer will tear his actions and statements apart.

Imagine some drunk dude walked into your daughters apartment uninvited. This is the action you would hope for from her bf.
If he apologized and left, then no. It's not.

Geez Us people. It's an apartment complex. This stupid **** happens all the time. I got drunk when I was 19 and walked into the wrong apartment at 1 am. The person inside helped me find my way to the right apartment and asked my friends to take care of me since I was obviously not in a state to take care of myself.

My daughters were raised to look for people like that to have in their lives.

Lol you’d want him to follow the guy out and hit him even if he was leaving (*assuming that’s what happened*)?

As far as I can tell the drunk kid didn’t kick the door in and come with bad intentions.

Pretty wild it seems like this could’ve been avoided altogether by locking the door.

If he apologized and left, then no. It's not.

Geez Us people. It's an apartment complex. This stupid **** happens all the time. I got drunk when I was 19 and walked into the wrong apartment at 1 am. The person inside helped me find my way to the right apartment and asked my friends to take care of me since I was obviously not in a state to take care of myself.

My daughters were raised to look for people like that to have in their lives.
You assume he just apologized and left.

Fair or not, JM has more responsibility to make good decisions than that of a regular student. Poor choice on his part to not just de-escalate. Which again, might not be easy, but is required.

He isn’t a professional. So that’s not true. He is still just a college student. Doesn’t matter if he “plays sports” or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back