Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried really hard to just let this go. Yes, we need to wait before forming an opinion on this situation. And our opinion really means nothing. And didn’t want to get personal, but you keep bringing up orange glasses or underwear as if any argument that is in favor of someone who unlawfully enters a house is the victim when bad things happen to him. And, yes, I realize the law would be on his side if he did nothing threatening outside of the apartment (because he was just drunk after all). But…

Just a few months ago my son took something and got it in his head that his wife was at a neighbor’s house. He went and looked in the window to see if she was there. The woman called the police who arrested him. My opinion was the same. “You are lucky you did not get shot!” He agreed. Thank God she called, and he was arrested. Woke him up, and he went to rehab. And he was lucky some man didn’t chase him down the street and beat his teeth out. Disagree that’s reprehensible. And has absolutely nothing to do with my favorite football player. The moral compass should be to stop making the criminals the victim.
Also, I'm sorry about your son's situation and PTL he's gotten some help. I thank God's grace that I escaped so much that I deserved as a young knucklehead growing up... And as an older knucklehead more recently.

We are gonna have to ferocious and careful at the same time...the SEC/Bama ref crew will protect him with everything they've got, and we can't afford to lose anybody.

I also figure that Bama will immediately try to put Hooker out of the game, and get away with it...but that might actually backfire big time if Milton comes in looking Iike he has so far this year.

If Hooker goes down on a dirty hit...............it is worth 15 to put Young out for the rest of the year..................play clean till they play dirty...........then break legs

Saban PC: "It's kinda a rivalry game" with a caveat that it means a lot to the people of Bammer..ie older people before his tenure. 58-37-8. Not sure anyone has historically better rivaled them. Shoot, we almost were at parity before we wandered in the desert.

I told ya. I get it..we got be better, but that disrespects the W-L record from a historical record, not just since he has been HC. He doesn't appreciate the TSIO. Time to waste em.
Hope a little Butch Jones pops out of his neck after Hooker dodges 11 Bammers on the way to the endzone to go up 21 in the 4th.

Hey, guess what?

Mincey was out this week and JJ Crawford killed it.
Tillman has been out 2 games, Keyton has stepped up.
Turnage played well in Theo's place last year.

If JM can't play, I'm confident someone will be prepared.

Chill

WGWTMFA

Well everyone has been complaining about his play..Wish granted.

23 Braylen Russell decommitted from Arkansas. I saw it on Yahoo sports. Article mentioned UT and ol piss. Does anyone know if UT is truly interested?
I saw no thread on here about him.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
OK. Then let's stop making criminals the victim.

If things went down as stated, and the drunk kid was followed outside and assaulted, then the UT football player is a criminal and should be charged.

I'm not sure of the criminal intent of opening a door that you think is the apartment that you just left, apologizing, and leaving. (Remember, we're arguing the assumption that the statement as reported is true.)

My son and daughter-in-law moved into an apartment complex last year. Soon after they moved in, my wife and I went to visit and knocked on the wrong door. Repeatedly. Until a scared couple of older ladies cracked the door behind a chain and asked if they could help us. I apologized profusely. They laughed and said, "You want the white kids upstairs. Seem like nice kids." I said they are and asked them to keep an eye on them for us.

Similar mistake. No harm. No foul.

I'm not sure I'd equate a drunk kid going into the wrong apartment, apologizing and leaving as "making a criminal the victim".

It's a similar mistake as is made all the time in apartment complexes. It's not breaking and entering. And it's not a peeping Tom.

It's a stupid kid.

So, if he's leaving and a UT football player actually did follow him to the landing and punch him down the stairs, committing felonious bodily injury--no matter if the drunk kid inferred he was being a dick--then it's much more of a criminal behavior than being drunk and bad with directions.
Okay, if the poor little drunk boy just happened to walk in the wrong apartment and did nothing more than ask for forgiveness for his mistake then the big bad football player followed him outside just so he could beat on the closest person available then he is most definitely a victim. You really are assuming a lot. Mostly based on your personal experiences and that football players are over protected. The UT football player was charged as a criminal because it took place outside the apartment. Hopefully, the judge will take into consideration what actually happened that we know nothing about. Meanwhile, I do not have any sympathy for the irresponsible person that got so drunk he didn’t know where he was at especially if there is way more to the story. And the law that makes a criminal of a man that protects his property because it’s outside his door needs to be examined…doesn’t matter what happened in this case.

kramer-write.gif

I agree we need to wait and see. As mentioned, there were a lot of "ifs" in my post. I've seen a lot of posts that range from assuming the drunk idiot was belligerent and deserving it, to formulating lies to tell the judge to get him off. In response to my WFT post in response, everyone falls back to the "you're making assumptions about what is actually happening".

It's weird.

I'll say it clearly again... Everyone needs to take their orange-wish magic underwear off and think with a moral compass that supersedes football.

IF...IF...IF... The statements as released are true and this drunk idiot walked into the wrong apartment, apologized, left, and our favorite football player followed him out and punched him down a flight of stairs, it's illegal and reprehensible.

Even IF...IF...IF said drunk moron got mouthy, it's STILL illegal and reprehensible to follow him out and punch him down a flight of stairs.
Reprehensible to punch someone that busted up in your house? You gotta be f'n kidding me...that is pure 🦬💩. Any real MAN would do that in the heat of the moment.

Do you really think he meant to knock him down a set of stairs to try and kill him?...come on man.

Virtue signaling 🦬💩....I ain’t that virtuous...maybe you are, or maybe you're something else.

Reprehensible is a bit of a stretch….I have a hard time believing the drunk guy said….. pardon me… I appear to be in the wrong place in left…. Good chance JM didn’t even know why that it was there…. They got into a heated altercation which lead outside and the drunk guy got hit…. We will see soon as all the evidence comes out.
Yep

Also, I'm sorry about your son's situation and PTL he's gotten some help. I thank God's grace that I escaped so much that I deserved as a young knucklehead growing up... And as an older knucklehead more recently.
Thank you. I just believe that justice helps more people get to grace than excusing behavior because everyone has done it. Seen too many go down that road.

Okay, if the poor little drunk boy just happened to walk in the wrong apartment and did nothing more than ask for forgiveness for his mistake then the big bad football player followed him outside just so he could beat on the closest person available then he is most definitely a victim. You really are assuming a lot. Mostly based on your personal experiences and that football players are over protected. The UT football player was charged as a criminal because it took place outside the apartment. Hopefully, the judge will take into consideration what actually happened that we know nothing about. Meanwhile, I do not have any sympathy for the irresponsible person that got so drunk he didn’t know where he was at especially if there is way more to the story. And the law that makes a criminal of a man that protects his property because it’s outside his door needs to be examined…doesn’t matter what happened in this case.
No. I'm arguing the position that the posters I responded to were assuming. i.e. They read the reports and posted tripe like:

He'll be OK if his lawyer can keep this in the gray zone.

He should lie his ass off to stay out of jail.

Etc...

Those words that I put in red, bolded, and underlined (if) prove that I'm not assuming anything of the such. The Proverb I quoted about waiting to hear both sides, that you liked... Proves I'm not assuming anything of the such.

Reactions: VFLBerg
On McCollough:
In talking to multiple people I’m not ruling him out Saturday. I think there is more to this story. The incident report was pretty incomplete and just had the one side. Always two sides. I’m not gonna say he is totally out this week. Another note is the incident didn’t happen on campus and didn’t involve another UT student. Possibly taking student conduct out of the equation. More details will come out imo and more dots will be connected.
-AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back