Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been looking at this site called BettingPros the past couple weeks. This site/app lets you sync your sports books and have them all in one place, think you can even bet straight from the app. One thing I like is they list percentages for users and experts picks on games. If a user makes a bet on a game it takes their pick and adds it into the percentage along with other users picks on that game. The best sample size is later in the week when more users and the experts have locked in their picks, but right now, with a very small sample size it’s very pro UT for spread and Moneyline. Again, so far only showing percentage for 31 users so we will see what it looks like later in the week plus expert picks usually aren’t until later in the week. But still, love the early action.

Edit: For reference, I went back and looked at the UF and LSU game. Average was around 115 user picks recorded. For both games the higher percentage of the user picks were correct. UF - most people chose UF spread, UT Moneyline and the over. All hit. LSU - most people chose UT spread, UT Moneyline, and the under. All hit.

Final thought: The users are loving them some UT.

1665548385391.jpeg

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Exactly. I’m not even sure Small will be ahead of Wright and/or Sampson in 2023. He sure as hell wouldn’t beat out a Gibbs or Evans type talent if it’s available.

Small is very underrated.

Wright is just as big and even faster, but he's never been the dude eating practice reps and leading by example. Jabari has has done that for 2 off-seasons now and there's a level of trust there.

Jaylen Wright still hasn't found a comfortable grip on the ball.

Jabari is a good back that will gash Alabama this Saturday,,,

I have nothing against Small and much of what you said is true. And if UT had someone of the caliber of Gibbs... he's #1. Small is a good #2 type of RB. Nothing wrong with that but he's just not "great" in any way. He's not a power back. He does not possess elite vision or cutting ability. He doesn't have top end speed. He's good at everything but not great at anything.

Shoot. Even on this roster, if Wright could stop fumbling he'd be the best RB on the roster. Sampson is probably a better runner than either but his mistake vs LSU almost got Hooker broken in two. He can't make those mistakes.
I said if someone had come in this year that they could have been the starter. Jabari has gotten better every year. You know who else was good at everything in college, but not great in any particular area? Damien Harris at Alabama. Yes, he was a 5 star coming out of high school, but he never had that wow factor in college. Yet, he remained the starter because he was dependable in every aspect. Now he's a NFL starter for the exact same reason. Next year will be Jabari's senior year. He'll have another good off season, make more steady improvement, and he will be the starter next year no matter who we have. We're not getting a Bijon Robinson or Tank Bigsby from the portal.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
Some loser that has been commenting the same thing for months now. Something to do with season ticket holders iirc.
If UT made promises to donors/ticket holders, they should keep them. I understand why someone would be upset. Not sure DW would be the right person to blame, but nonetheless, promises should be honored.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back