Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys and gals,
It feels like 1995 Vols vs Bama.
End the streak
Go Vols!!!
I won’t start breathing until 7 p.m. Saturday evening. Not easy for a 59 year old. Again, STHU InVol, Weezer, Glitch. Oh he!! None of you are even awake at this hour. Enjoy your ensure milkshakes in the morning boys.

I’ll ask you guys who have probably forgotten more about football than I know. I watched the Alabama A&M game last week. Is A&M’s O line bad? It looked like Alabama had people blitzing from everywhere like they were shot out of a cannon. It looked like that qb for A&M had about 3 seconds to get a pass off.
Is our O Line better?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I’ll ask you guys who have probably forgotten more about football than I know. I watched the Alabama A&M game last week. Is A&M’s O line bad? It looked like Alabama had people blitzing from everywhere like they were shot out of a cannon. It looked like that qb for A&M had about 3 seconds to get a pass off.
Is our O Line better?
I'm not sure they're bad talent-wise, but they seem poorly coached.

Tennessee hasn't beaten Bama since the VOLS letters were removed from Neyland.

During this streak, Tennessee hasn't scored more than 24pts in a game (last year). Only twice have we scored more than 20 (we've scored 20, 21, and 24). We haven't scored more than 24 since the 5OT Tuscaloosa game in 2003 (51pts) - but it was 20-20 at regulation... so we have to go back to 2001 when we beat Bama 35-24 to the last time we scored more than 24 in regulation.

But.... Heupel's Vols have only scored less than 24pts TWICE in 18 games. Last year against Florida and Georgia (14 and 17).

During this streak, Tennessee hasn't scored more than 24pts in a game (last year). Only twice have we scored more than 20 (we've scored 20, 21, and 24). We haven't scored more than 24 since the 5OT Tuscaloosa game in 2003 (51pts) - but it was 20-20 at regulation... so we have to go back to 2001 when we beat Bama 35-24 to the last time we scored more than 24 in regulation.

But.... Heupel's Vols have only scored less than 24pts TWICE in 18 games. Last year against Florida and Georgia (14 and 17).
Odds are pretty high that we win if we score over 33. . . especially if we hold Bama to less than 33.

Alabama has only played three teams with a pulse so far...Texas, Arkansas, and Texas A&M. They probably should've lost to Texas, struggled to beat an A&M team that's bad on offense, and Arkansas managed to come back on them and make it a game for a bit. Basically, they've been challenged by teams that really shouldn't have challenged them.

Last comment of the night, early morning.
The job this staff has done developing this roster is honestly unbelievable.

We have suffered from “year 0” to statistically youngest team in NCAA, first airplane ride for 43% of our players and stupid Gump antics.

Can you imagine when this staff is fully stocked with top 5 recruits?

Fun times ahead.

Go Vols, beat Bama!

The jumbotron was added to the south endzone in 1999. We’ve beaten them six times since the iconic letters were removed (1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2006).

Honestly, I haven't really watched Bama play this year. Really can't stand them. I watched a little of the Texas game and a little of the A&M game. They just looked average to me in those games. What do you think?
Just watched the last few minutes of TAM and Texas so know nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back