Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother in law is a diehard Bama fan. He said he hasn't heard anything about Bryce having surgery or being done, and he's pretty sure he saw Bryce throwing in pregame last week.

He also said he wouldn't be surprised if Bryce's condition was worse than we are led to believe.

"Rat poison or the real deal, we will find out soon I'm guessing."
He was not throwing pregame last week. He was throwing underhand the whole time. Now I know that part is a fact

So an old fart is pissed because his "lifetime" nosebleeds seat he bought for a one-time $500 payment is no longer available.

On an unrelated note, may I call Bob Woodruff an idiot?

I'm kind of sorry for people like that, but I love the Vols and know that we can not operate the way it used to be in this new age.

It looks like that if they really love the Vols that they would understand, I am not saying they should "like it"...just that they should "understand it" 🤷‍♂️

I'm kind of sorry for people like that, but I love the Vols and know that we can not operate the way it used to be in this new age.

It looks like that if they really love the Vols that they would understand, I am not saying they should "like it"...just that they should "understand it" 🤷‍♂️
Exactly. Example: I have a lifetime sportsman's license for the state of Tennessee. My dad bought it for like $200 when I was a kid. It's the greatest thing in the world because I never have to worry about anything but federal stamps for migratory birds/waterfowl.

But I also know the lifetime license program is borderline fleecing the system. For what he bought it for at the time is about what it costs to buy all the licenses I'd need annually today. If the state decided all these years later that they needed to tweak that and asked for more money I wouldn't be mad and happily pay it because I know the money goes to conservation, habitat, and management.

I think this guy is caught up in the principle of it, which has merit, and not considering the reality of the situation. Single game tickets cost more today than what he paid 40 years ago for season tickets. Also, if his seats are where the jumbotron was, well, they don't exist anymore so the contract is void. A $500 payment back to him would be a courtesy, but even that's not legally merited.

The Bama media is all in agreement it seems. The only way Bama has a Chance to beat Tennessee is if Bryce Young plays. Even then they don't think it's a sure fire win.
I don't understand their pessimism. All you have to do is look at their roster, and then look at ours.

I believe we definitely CAN win, but make no mistake...winning this game with this roster vs that roster would be an amazing achievement.

As far as our team goes, objectively speaking...they should win this game. I understand believing it can happen, but EXPECTING it to happen is ludicrous..but..this whole season so far is ludicrous when you examine the reality of the roster...so...I hope we pull off what I thought in pre-season to be impossible...I still think it to be improbable, but I won't call it implausible anymore....because we definitely have good reasons to believe the boys can pull it off.

Go Vols! If you get this win you will be well on your way to surpassing the Sugar Vols as my favorite team ever...I never thought that would be possible either...even the NC team couldn't do that in my heart, in the 90s we knew we had great talent and by 98 we expected to contend...but...this team is like that 85 team in sooo many ways...an underdog coming out of nowhere.

Last edited:
The Bama media is all in agreement it seems. The only way Bama has a Chance to beat Tennessee is if Bryce Young plays. Even then they don't think it's a sure fire win.
i think there's some poor mouthing here. i think there's some nervousness and rightfully so, but down deep, there's not a one of those bammers that believes they're losing this game.

i do think a few things are being overlooked with so much emphasis being put on bryce or no bryce. the line of scrimmage is still what matters most and Bama still has advantages on both sides gainst most everyone they're going to play, including Tennessee. but....i do think that gap, based on production from this season, isn't as wide as it's been over the past 15 years.

to me, this game is determined by TN's O line and Bama's front 7, regardless of who starts at QB. because at the end of the day if we're going to win, it's going to be because we've afforded ourselves the opportunity to play OUR game. and that is going to be why that's the match up that matters the most. if the back up starts, then we need to win that match up to do what we did to LSU, or at least try to anyway. and if it's Bryce, then we may see a shootout, so we'll need to be able to score, a lot, quickly.

so while i won't discount the difference between the two QB's for Bama, i'm just not 100% sure that's what matters the most when you start looking at the match ups. it's just the biggest name/story of the week. and i just don't care about Bama's perceived problems....i just don't. lol. the only thing that should matter to us, is what matters to how we're able to play our game? and the answer there is OL vs their front 7. if we win that match up enough, we'll be able to get WR's in to those open spaces, we'll be able to run the ball and i'd imagine Hendo's legs are a factor too.

Defensively for us....i don't see a whole lot changing...we've already played 2 qb's that fit the same mold as their back up, and if it's Bryce, you have to make some decisions on how you're going to go about it...and i think you're maybe more in the ball park of what AR15 did against us. and that's a great feather for us...dude thru for 3td's and 500 yards, and they still had to score 3 Td's in the last 5 minutes to win the game. now i'm not saying if Bryce does that, everything's ok, but we've seen a QB go off and it ultimately not matter. so i won't freak out if he does similarly, he's certainly capable.

back to their front 7....their pass rush ability is scary. so i'm kinda anxious to see how we're going to go about attempting to neutralize those 3 edge guys. Bama wins this game by those 3 making our day miserable.

They also went a little soft on the details to what he actually did to his victims. The man literally drilled holes into their skulls and poured acid in an experiment to lobotomize them so he could keep them around and rape them. He failed every time.

The 14 yr old Laotian boy that the police returned to his apartment was more egregious than the episode showed. The boy was buck naked, drugged, and had a hole already drilled into his brain and bleeding. He had escaped before Dahmer poured the acid.... and the police literally walked him back to Dahmer's apartment (where Dahmer had a corpse lying in the next room) and handed the minor back without getting a wellness check or checking for ID or anything.

He was a psycho.

Netflix also put a lot of weight and suggestion that him playing with roadkill when he was a kid was a major cause of the problem. Nah. Dissecting dead animals doesn't make you want to have sexual fantasies about murdering gay men then raping their dead bodies and eating them.

Also, also - Netflix has a whole segment in the show making out Lionel Dahmer to be the bad guy for trying to profit off the tragedy by publishing a book and the victim's families sued to get the royalties... yet what is Netflix doing? Profiting off the tragedy without ever interviewing or taking into consideration the families of the victims. My life is not better for having watched it and learning more about the guy than I needed to.
I dont think his roadkill play "caused" his obsession. It was just his obsession's early manifestation. It's definitely a troubling warning sign.

Reactions: CABVOL and SoilVol
i think there's some poor mouthing here. i think there's some nervousness and rightfully so, but down deep, there's not a one of those bammers that believes they're losing this game.

i do think a few things are being overlooked with so much emphasis being put on bryce or no bryce. the line of scrimmage is still what matters most and Bama still has advantages on both sides gainst most everyone they're going to play, including Tennessee. but....i do think that gap, based on production from this season, isn't as wide as it's been over the past 15 years.

to me, this game is determined by TN's O line and Bama's front 7, regardless of who starts at QB. because at the end of the day if we're going to win, it's going to be because we've afforded ourselves the opportunity to play OUR game. and that is going to be why that's the match up that matters the most. if the back up starts, then we need to win that match up to do what we did to LSU, or at least try to anyway. and if it's Bryce, then we may see a shootout, so we'll need to be able to score, a lot, quickly.

so while i won't discount the difference between the two QB's for Bama, i'm just not 100% sure that's what matters the most when you start looking at the match ups. it's just the biggest name/story of the week. and i just don't care about Bama's perceived problems....i just don't. lol. the only thing that should matter to us, is what matters to how we're able to play our game? and the answer there is OL vs their front 7. if we win that match up enough, we'll be able to get WR's in to those open spaces, we'll be able to run the ball and i'd imagine Hendo's legs are a factor too.

Defensively for us....i don't see a whole lot changing...we've already played 2 qb's that fit the same mold as their back up, and if it's Bryce, you have to make some decisions on how you're going to go about it...and i think you're maybe more in the ball park of what AR15 did against us. and that's a great feather for us...dude thru for 3td's and 500 yards, and they still had to score 3 Td's in the last 5 minutes to win the game. now i'm not saying if Bryce does that, everything's ok, but we've seen a QB go off and it ultimately not matter. so i won't freak out if he does similarly, he's certainly capable.

back to their front 7....their pass rush ability is scary. so i'm kinda anxious to see how we're going to go about attempting to neutralize those 3 edge guys. Bama wins this game by those 3 making our day miserable.
Winning this will be a spectacularly amazing accomplishment.

1665415717864-gif.499692

Brother in law is a diehard Bama fan. He said he hasn't heard anything about Bryce having surgery or being done, and he's pretty sure he saw Bryce throwing in pregame last week.

He also said he wouldn't be surprised if Bryce's condition was worse than we are led to believe.

He didn’t throw just under hand tossed…it’s his AC joint that’s sprained in his throwing arm..if he plays I’ll be shocked.

Henry To'oTo'o reveals how far he's come since transferring from Tennessee to Alabama

“You know, our strength and conditioning staff does a great job of knowing who you are as a person. Knowing your strengths, knowing your fundamental things that you need to work on.”

“Also my game. You know, the coaching staff does a great job of — the little things matter as a football player. So I think that’s all part of my game.”
Attention to detail, little things, conditioning — all part of the equation for building good athletes into great football players.

1665581742517.gif

They all want him to leave. UT being good has a lot of people nervous.

Josh is not going back there.

Oklahoma is at least 2 years away from a coaching change, regardless. I’m also not convinced Venables is going to fail there. He can coach a defense, and Lebby can coach an offense. I mean, that’s no guarantee of anything, but I would wait until he had a couple of classes in before I cut bait.

All I got out of this is that you should disown your sister or wife.

VQ article on Darnell Wright. A lot of solid quotes.
“I do take pride in our team and loyalty,” Wright said. “I hope the best for all those guys that left. I’m just happy it all worked out how it did.”

Loyalty is something that is very important to Wright. He isn’t sure where it comes from but it’s more just about doing right by others.

“I feel like you do right by people that do right by you,” Wright said. “You don’t give up too easy on something when you think there is a shot.”

Tennessee sits at 5-0 and plays #3 Alabama on Saturday. After being left for dead and seeing so many of his teammates leave 18 months ago, Wright is taking all this success and momentum in stride.

“It’s been fun to see something you have stayed with and built a little bit,” Wright said. “It’s been everything you could hope for. The fans have been awesome. You don’t feel like you are strange on the road. They are always there cheering and rooting for us.”

Left or Right, Tennessee senior Darnell Wright thriving on Rocky Top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back