Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oklahoma is at least 2 years away from a coaching change, regardless. I’m also not convinced Venables is going to fail there. He can coach a defense, and Lebby can coach an offense. I mean, that’s no guarantee of anything, but I would wait until he had a couple of classes in before I cut bait.
The missing factor in keeping him for 2 or 3 more years is recruiting. If his recruiting classes start to suffer, they may have to make cut bait. That goes for any program. I think five power 5 coaches have already been fired half way through this season. You never know

I'm kind of sorry for people like that, but I love the Vols and know that we can not operate the way it used to be in this new age.

It looks like that if they really love the Vols that they would understand, I am not saying they should "like it"...just that they should "understand it" 🤷‍♂️

I just looked at it quickly, but it looks like “lifetime” was effectively defined as 30 years anyway, so not sure why this is relevant to Danny White in 2022.

The missing factor in keeping him for 2 or 3 more years is recruiting. If his recruiting classes start to suffer, they may have to make cut bait. That goes for any program. I think five power 5 coaches have already been fired half way through this season. You never know

Barring a scandal, I’m confident Venables will make it to at least a third season. Oklahoma isn’t Auburn.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We've already seen several this cycle. Most states do not allow high school athletes to sign NIL deals, so NIL doesn't really come in to play for most until they actually enroll. Don't be surprised if we flip at least a couple. I won't be.
Yeah, but how many bidding wars you want to get entangled with at this late date?

If UT made promises to donors/ticket holders, they should keep them. I understand why someone would be upset. Not sure DW would be the right person to blame, but nonetheless, promises should be honored.
Lol not promises that lasted over a decade. Give me a break. Do you see how cheap those season tickets are? You can’t just allow your family to pass those down for generations. Especially if you want the Stadium Modernized. Also, those tickets this Saturday will be worth almost the entire amount of the season tickets as a whole.

Lol not promises that lasted over a decade. Give me a break. Do you see how cheap those season tickets are? You can’t just allow your family to pass those down for generations. Especially if you want the Stadium Modernized. Also, those tickets this Saturday will be worth almost the entire amount of the season tickets as a whole.

Lifetime = 10 years?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Lifetime = 10 years?
Point being is, the market changed. Money value changed. So yeah if you want to upgrade the price with the price of inflation than the ticket prices are probably on par with what was offered for “a lifetime”

Literally 42 years ago. Yet people are upset. Give me a break. Also, in one of the paragraphs it literally says tickets are only transferable for 30 years which was 2010.

So, the University actually honored it for longer than they had to.

802882D4-579E-456A-8064-DB2D63423373.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't understand their pessimism. All you have to do is look at their roster, and then look at ours.

I believe we definitely CAN win, but make no mistake...winning this game with this roster vs that roster would be an amazing achievement.

As far as our team goes, objectively speaking...they should win this game. I understand believing it can happen, but EXPECTING it to happen is ludicrous..but..this whole season so far is ludicrous when you examine the reality of the roster...so...I hope we pull off what I thought in pre-season to be impossible...I still think it to be improbable, but I won't call it implausible anymore....because we definitely have good reasons to believe the boys can pull it off.

Go Vols! If you get this win you will be well on your way to surpassing the Sugar Vols as my favorite team ever...I never thought that would be possible either...even the NC team couldn't do that in my heart, in the 90s we knew we had great talent and by 98 we expected to contend...but...this team is like that 85 team in sooo many ways...an underdog coming out of nowhere.
I can't agree more with this statement. I hope if we lose people don't lose their minds because talent wise we shouldn't be able to win this game. We are way ahead of schedule.

I'm trying to save your soul. Totally different from judging.

16igvt.gif

I don't understand their pessimism. All you have to do is look at their roster, and then look at ours.

I believe we definitely CAN win, but make no mistake...winning this game with this roster vs that roster would be an amazing achievement.

As far as our team goes, objectively speaking...they should win this game. I understand believing it can happen, but EXPECTING it to happen is ludicrous..but..this whole season so far is ludicrous when you examine the reality of the roster...so...I hope we pull off what I thought in pre-season to be impossible...I still think it to be improbable, but I won't call it implausible anymore....because we definitely have good reasons to believe the boys can pull it off.

Go Vols! If you get this win you will be well on your way to surpassing the Sugar Vols as my favorite team ever...I never thought that would be possible either...even the NC team couldn't do that in my heart, in the 90s we knew we had great talent and by 98 we expected to contend...but...this team is like that 85 team in sooo many ways...an underdog coming out of nowhere.

Vols got the juice this year and Bama has ho-hum vibes

"Typical Alabama Fan"

While shopping at the Piggly Wiggly he hears the song "Dixie Land Delight" over the store speakers. He immediately stands at attention with his hand over his heart. At the end of the song, he instinctively yells "Roll Tide". Little does he know that this song is about Tennessee.

"Typical Alabama Fan"

While shopping at the Piggly Wiggly he hears the song "Dixie Land Delight" over the store speakers. He immediately stands at attention with his hand over his heart. At the end of the song, he instinctively yells "Roll Tide". Little does he know that this song is about Tennessee.
woah leave the pig out of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back