Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point being is, the market changed. Money value changed. So yeah if you want to upgrade the price with the price of inflation than the ticket prices are probably on par with what was offered for “a lifetime”

Literally 42 years ago. Yet people are upset. Give me a break. Also, in one of the paragraphs it literally says tickets are only transferable for 30 years which was 2010.

So, the University actually honored it for longer than they had to.

View attachment 499771
If I had season tickets for the last 15 years and someone told me I would have to give them up if I want what we’re getting, I would gladly sacrifice my seats for the greater good.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif
docholliday-tombstone.gif

View attachment 499779

Hope we see more of this package moving forward with Squirrel White
In what little we’ve seen of him, it’s clear that he has really really good hands. He basically made a one handed catch there to give us that first down. He’s going to be a fun one to watch the next couple of years.

I said if someone had come in this year that they could have been the starter. Jabari has gotten better every year. You know who else was good at everything in college, but not great in any particular area? Damien Harris at Alabama. Yes, he was a 5 star coming out of high school, but he never had that wow factor in college. Yet, he remained the starter because he was dependable in every aspect. Now he's a NFL starter for the exact same reason. Next year will be Jabari's senior year. He'll have another good off season, make more steady improvement, and he will be the starter next year no matter who we have. We're not getting a Bijon Robinson or Tank Bigsby from the portal.
I don't think that's nearly a foregone conclusion. I like and appreciate him. But he's fairly close to his ceiling. He's not going to get considerably faster. He's done a very good job of developing his skill to the level of his talent. He's dependable and does all the right things.

That said, there are 3 guys with a higher ceiling than his on the roster now without regard to the portal. Wright is also getting better. He needs to hang onto the ball but very obviously has better speed than Small. Sampson is still a pup but has better quickness, speed, and innate vision than either of the other two. Williams needs development in part because he has that "big back" build.

If you have some personal connection or affinity for Small then I'm sorry for offending you. But objectively speaking... he will not be RB#1 next year if one or more of the others develop their skills to a level close to their talent. There are LOTS of RB's who would be #1 if they portaled in. Some play at small schools or lesser programs and are far too good for the teams they're on.

We have no way of knowing who might be in the portal but let's say someone like Sean Tucker from Syracuse sees UT and Spyre as a good move. There are two certainties. One is he would be #1. Two... barring injury he would flourish in Heupel's O even more than he is now.

Henry To'oTo'o reveals how far he's come since transferring from Tennessee to Alabama

“You know, our strength and conditioning staff does a great job of knowing who you are as a person. Knowing your strengths, knowing your fundamental things that you need to work on.”

“Also my game. You know, the coaching staff does a great job of — the little things matter as a football player. So I think that’s all part of my game.”
Attention to detail, little things, conditioning — all part of the equation for building good athletes into great football players.

View attachment 499759
Another aplomb for Craig Fitzgerald.

I don't think that's nearly a foregone conclusion. I like and appreciate him. But he's fairly close to his ceiling. He's not going to get considerably faster. He's done a very good job of developing his skill to the level of his talent. He's dependable and does all the right things.

That said, there are 3 guys with a higher ceiling than his on the roster now without regard to the portal. Wright is also getting better. He needs to hang onto the ball but very obviously has better speed than Small. Sampson is still a pup but has better quickness, speed, and innate vision than either of the other two. Williams needs development in part because he has that "big back" build.

If you have some personal connection or affinity for Small then I'm sorry for offending you. But objectively speaking... he will not be RB#1 next year if one or more of the others develop their skills to a level close to their talent. There are LOTS of RB's who would be #1 if they portaled in. Some play at small schools or lesser programs and are far too good for the teams they're on.

We have no way of knowing who might be in the portal but let's say someone like Sean Tucker from Syracuse sees UT and Spyre as a good move. There are two certainties. One is he would be #1. Two... barring injury he would flourish in Heupel's O even more than he is now.
Is there a way we can make a friendly wager on Small getting passed on the depth chart to start next season by any of the other 3 guys on the roster as I strongly disagree with your take? Barring injury to Small or a new super talented RB being added to the roster, Small will be the starter for the first game next season.

Is there a way we can make a friendly wager on Small getting passed on the depth chart to start next season by any of the other 3 guys on the roster as I strongly disagree with your take?
No. Because I do not control what the other three do or who is available in the portal or who out of the portal might see a great opportunity at UT. If nothing changes then Small is #1. However he's near his ceiling. He's not going to get faster. He's not going to add more weight in all likelihood without giving up speed and quickness. The others have more raw talent. That's not a knock... in fact the exact opposite. I fully respect people who work hard and develop their skills to the limit of their talent. I just think he's pretty close with a ceiling lower than the others.

Barring injury to Small or a new super talented RB being added to the roster, Small will be the starter for the first game next season.
I am less confident that he won't take the first snap than I am that someone else will emerge as the first option with or without the portal. No disrespect. The others just have more talent if they develop it.

My wife scorned the family and transferred to UT. We met as undergrads. She's all Vol. She hasn't been this excited for a game in years.

In-laws are good people. BIL and FIL are preachers and teachers.

I would still keep an eye on them at all times. They could be playing the long game and will bammer you when you least expect it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back