Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t hate Henry Tootoot I’d wager you’re under the age of 16 or not living in Alabama. He can go to hell. Can’t believe there’s people in here sucking him off in the middle of bama week. Shameful behavior.[/Sparkman!

Who? Seem to recall someone named something like that but I am pretty sure they are dead to me. Hard to hate a dead person.

Reactions: berryvol
If you don’t hate Henry Tootoot I’d wager you’re under the age of 16 or not living in Alabama. He can go to hell. Can’t believe there’s people in here sucking him off in the middle of bama week. Shameful behavior.
Hate? No. Want to see him personally get trucked on the goal line by Hooker for a QB game-winning run? Absolutely.

I felt like I was talking ppl off the ledge over the hire everyday. Something about Heups ability to score points with his scheme made it easy for me to love the hire
That’s what I said too. I wasn’t thrilled at the time. We had talked ourselves into Matt Campbell who seemed to be the white whale.

But, when we hired Josh, I just looked at his offensive success and his work with QB and said hey, pair him with a good DC and we might have something here.

But I never expected this. Especially not so soon

I don’t think anyone that posts 15-0 were joking. 🙂, that’s for you Doc when you get caught up. 🤛

Absolutely agree!
I am totally serious about 15-0 🤠

The difference is that if it doesn’t happen, I won’t lose my mind over a loss. All I have hoped for is to have coaches, players, and administrators who understand what being a Volunteer is all about. It’s way bigger than 1 game or even 1 season or even 1 sport. We spent so, so very long having to suffer through bad ADs who hired smoke and mirrors coaches. They had no clue what the Volunteer spirit was capable of. Well, we’re finally through with all that sheet. We have coaches in every sport who wants to be here and understands the gold mine that they have found.

Anyone who seriously believes that Barnes, Vitello, and Heupel want to use this opportunity as a stepping stone is not worth the time to talk to…these coaches are overjoyed with a fanbase that’s the definition of diehard. We absolutely bleed Pantone 151.

In conclusion:
This week the goal is 6-0. Don’t have to be better than everyone, just better than bama (and refs, and SEC office) for 60 minutes on Saturday. Once that happens, the changing of the guard will begin. It won’t happen quickly, they won’t go quietly, but it will happen. I was a Sophomore at Tennessee when Major’s Volunteers beat Bryant’s tide. This feels just like that year. It also feels like 1998 when Fulmer’s Volunteers beat Spurrier’s gators. This year’s Volunteer team has over a decade of payback to deliver. I think they are up for it. (I wish that I could give the pregame talk) This year, Heupel’s Volunteers have already shown that they are willing and able to break the history books.

Does anyone remember going into the 1998 season? Manning was gone. Everyone predicted that it was a rebuilding year. Sure didn’t end that way. 😎

We’re supposedly in the 2nd year of a huge rebuilding project. Gump left the cupboard bare supposedly. Well, these players and coaches take exception to that. They have the mentality and work ethic of the 1985 SugarVols and the 1998 team rolled into one group.

These Volunteers have many roles and many missions. Curse Breakers. Destroyers of Dynasties.
The goal is to topple the bama reign, but to also embarrass every sabanite disciple. (Yes, kirby we’re coming for you and your stooges, but we gotta take care of your daddy first)

And the above reasons, my good people is why I am eternally at:

15-0 🤠

Absolutely agree!
I am totally serious about 15-0 🤠

The difference is that if it doesn’t happen, I won’t lose my mind over a loss. All I have hoped for is to have coaches, players, and administrators who understand what being a Volunteer is all about. It’s way bigger than 1 game or even 1 season or even 1 sport. We spent so, so very long having to suffer through bad ADs who hired smoke and mirrors coaches. They had no clue what the Volunteer spirit was capable of. Well, we’re finally through with all that sheet. We have coaches in every sport who wants to be here and understands the gold mine that they have found.

Anyone who seriously believes that Barnes, Vitello, and Heupel want to use this opportunity as a stepping stone is not worth the time to talk to…these coaches are overjoyed with a fanbase that’s the definition of diehard. We absolutely bleed Pantone 151.

In conclusion:
This week the goal is 6-0. Don’t have to be better than everyone, just better than bama (and refs, and SEC office) for 60 minutes on Saturday. Once that happens, the changing of the guard will begin. It won’t happen quickly, they won’t go quietly, but it will happen. I was a Sophomore at Tennessee when Major’s Volunteers beat Bryant’s tide. This feels just like that year. It also feels like 1998 when Fulmer’s Volunteers beat Spurrier’s gators. This year’s Volunteer team has over a decade of payback to deliver. I think they are up for it. (I wish that I could give the pregame talk) This year, Heupel’s Volunteers have already shown that they are willing and able to break the history books.

Does anyone remember going into the 1998 season? Manning was gone. Everyone predicted that it was a rebuilding year. Sure didn’t end that way. 😎

We’re supposedly in the 2nd year of a huge rebuilding project. Gump left the cupboard bare supposedly. Well, these players and coaches take exception to that. They have the mentality and work ethic of the 1985 SugarVols and the 1998 team rolled into one group.

These Volunteers have many roles and many missions. Curse Breakers. Destroyers of Dynasties.
The goal is to topple the bama reign, but to also embarrass every sabanite disciple. (Yes, kirby we’re coming for you and your stooges, but we gotta take care of your daddy first)

And the above reasons, my good people is why I am eternally at:

just better than bama (and refs, and SEC office) for 60 minutes on Saturday
How true

Fun to go back and read responses. I was wrong as well. Sorry @nicksjuzunk but I’ll never forget your response. “Emerging, like a turd blossoming from the anus.” All of us and everyone except DW were way off.

I'm glad to say I was okay with the hire. Never thought it'd be going this well this quick though

It’s it just my BVS or does anyone else worry about all the national media hype?

1665415717864-gif.500025

That’s what I said too. I wasn’t thrilled at the time. We had talked ourselves into Matt Campbell who seemed to be the white whale.

But, when we hired Josh, I just looked at his offensive success and his work with QB and said hey, pair him with a good DC and we might have something here.

But I never expected this. Especially not so soon
Same. I remember scrounging every analytics website I could, and the more data I found the more excited I got. I thought he’d do well here, but the success to date is well beyond what Dooley/Butch/Pruitt taught me to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back