Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I said too. I wasn’t thrilled at the time. We had talked ourselves into Matt Campbell who seemed to be the white whale.

But, when we hired Josh, I just looked at his offensive success and his work with QB and said hey, pair him with a good DC and we might have something here.

But I never expected this. Especially not so soon

What’s your prediction for Saturday?

There’s going to be alot of 1 on 1 coverage on the outside so we’ll be launching the ball downfield. Really really need the pass protection to not $hit the bed and get Hooker killed. Got to go deep to beat Bama and win those 1 on 1’s

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
Same. I remember scrounging every analytics website I could, and the more data I found the more excited I got. I thought he’d do well here, but the success to date is well beyond what Dooley/Butch/Pruitt taught me to expect.

I watched some game film and made the comment that not only was the offense very fast, but everyone seemed to know exactly where to line up and where to go on each and every play.
Then my friend is Gabe Davis' sister so I asked for some insight and all I got back was that "he loved the dude and he would do well in the SEC."

Was very pleased with the staff he was putting together.

But still, I thought, maaaaaaybe in 4 years we'd finish second in the SEC East and not look terrible in the years leading to it.
He and his staff have exceeded every expectation.

Same. I remember scrounging every analytics website I could, and the more data I found the more excited I got. I thought he’d do well here, but the success to date is well beyond what Dooley/Butch/Pruitt taught me to expect.
I remember you coming in there with cold, hard facts. You did good work in the days following.

I think we're gonna see the return of the option plays near the goal line on Saturday or on 3rd/4th down. I don't think we've seen them since Akron right?
We've ran a few tricks off it. One of Hendons running scores against UF was a play off it, and the little shovel pass against LSU was a variation of it.

That’s what I said too. I wasn’t thrilled at the time. We had talked ourselves into Matt Campbell who seemed to be the white whale.

But, when we hired Josh, I just looked at his offensive success and his work with QB and said hey, pair him with a good DC and we might have something here.

But I never expected this. Especially not so soon
i think it's the fact it's year 2. as bad a shape as this program was in LESS THAN 2 YEARS AGO, nobody saw this kind of turnaround coming.

and it's obviously well chronicled about the offense, culture change, "fast fun real" etc....he's done wonders inside the building and on the field in terms of improving production...everybody knows/sees that. the thing that makes it even more impressive, in my opinion anyway, is he's done this while in the midst of all the changes in how personnel must now be managed on the roster, and in recruiting, and in the portal. he walked in the door with some relatively large constraints on what he could do with the portal, while watching 30+ kids LEAVE, so he knows right off the bat he's not replacing those guys immediately. we were in the middle of the investigation and self imposed scholly restrictions....and the team he had last year, and in large part this year, are NOT guys he brought in to this program....the majority of the guys starring for TN righ tnow were part of the worst team in program history.

Yet he's gotten them to buy in, there's been obvious development, and the production speaks for itself.

so if you really take a look at the big picture of what Tennessee football was 3 years ago to what it is today, while also watching the landscape of personnel/roster management change for college football in general in the middle of all that.........

i mean....it's remarkable. i'm excited to see what the future holds as the roster changes to guys he's brought in, what he and this staff can do to build on the foundation they've already laid. and you can't talk about htis w/out also bringing up what a difference the overall leadership at the university has made. DAnny White, Plowman....they've done a lot of "right" things. some were fairly obvious, the main one being, they listened. and then acted. they didn't come in believe they already had the answers and knew what WE needed.

heady times on rocky top. this isn't the same program we've seen the past 15 years. and this is the first time in a long time i say that, and actually believe it.

ALL AHEAD FULL!!!!

titanic-full-speed-titanic.gif

i think it's the fact it's year 2. as bad a shape as this program was in LESS THAN 2 YEARS AGO, nobody saw this kind of turnaround coming.

and it's obviously well chronicled about the offense, culture change, "fast fun real" etc....he's done wonders inside the building and on the field in terms of improving production...everybody knows/sees that. the thing that makes it even more impressive, in my opinion anyway, is he's done this while in the midst of all the changes in how personnel must now be managed on the roster, and in recruiting, and in the portal. he walked in the door with some relatively large constraints on what he could do with the portal, while watching 30+ kids LEAVE, so he knows right off the bat he's not replacing those guys immediately. we were in the middle of the investigation and self imposed scholly restrictions....and the team he had last year, and in large part this year, are NOT guys he brought in to this program....the majority of the guys starring for TN righ tnow were part of the worst team in program history.

Yet he's gotten them to buy in, there's been obvious development, and the production speaks for itself.

so if you really take a look at the big picture of what Tennessee football was 3 years ago to what it is today, while also watching the landscape of personnel/roster management change for college football in general in the middle of all that.........

i mean....it's remarkable. i'm excited to see what the future holds as the roster changes to guys he's brought in, what he and this staff can do to build on the foundation they've already laid. and you can't talk about htis w/out also bringing up what a difference the overall leadership at the university has made. DAnny White, Plowman....they've done a lot of "right" things. some were fairly obvious, the main one being, they listened. and then acted. they didn't come in believe they already had the answers and knew what WE needed.

heady times on rocky top. this isn't the same program we've seen the past 15 years. and this is the first time in a long time i say that, and actually believe it.
I'm bout ready to go head and build that Josh Heupel statue in front of Neyland

And he'll be in mid cough :)

I don't think I'm prepared for what's going to happen when we win Saturday.
I’ve thought about it and idc to admit it, I’ll probably be so happy that I cry. 15 years, 15 years of agony. 15 years of being made a mockery of.

I really don’t think fans of other schools get it, if we are truly back nobody will be prepared for it. It’ll be a big orange swarm that over takes everything.

That's one smart Buckeyes fan, and he's right. Heupel has zero track record of developing QBs. Sam Bradford and Drew Lock regressed heavily under him. It's Dobbs to JG all over again once Hooker leaves. 5-7, here we come!

Hype can’t recruit either, it’s not like we have a true 5 ⭐️ QB coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back