Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see people say things like this and I am just not sure how true that is. Seems like its the easy 'cliche' way to view it. If he is really not close to being 100% then he can certainly manage the game much better than Milroe. Protect the ball better. But him not being able to make all the throws helps us tremendously is how we are able to defend them. Makes our defenses job much easier. And if there is zero threat of RPO's and QB designed runs then that also makes how we call our defense so much easier. It makes the read by the LB's so much easier. I am not sure I buy that opinion. I want a limited Bryce Young to play if it means the offense is limited in what it is able to do.
I recall Eric Ainge was not confident after injury. Nobody wants to risk their career. Just don't know which quarterback would be the most advantageous.

They can move the line all they want. Tennessee still wins. Just dont think Bama can stop our offense and we just need the defense to get 3-4 stops. BY will not run and no matter how much they inject him up the problem is still there. Sankey will announce before kickoff that TN will only be able to 2 hand touch BY.
Yeah, I'm not mentioning it because I think it changes the outcome, but it's probably the best indicator if he's gonna play or not. Without Young, the spread was expected to be -3.5, with him it was expected @ -11. It was unknown, so I think they split the difference. Moving toward -11 makes me think he'll play. He's the only player questionable who could move the line by a few points in a day.

I suppose it's possible that no Tillman could move the line a point or two though.

Reactions: tnvols72
Home crowd being lit is going to be huge. Obviously, it affects Bama offensive play calls and communication, but even more so than that, it will affect the refs.
I hope people don't flip out if we go down early 10-14pts. We've all seen us get behind early like that, just to come back and win. We score so fast that no lead is safe against us.

So, when I was at UT, I was at a friends apartment. Tennessee had just won a game 😎

The door knob to her apartment started rattling and then an extremely drunk guy started beating on her door. I yanked the door open and was ready to throw fists. The drunk guys expression when he realized it wasn’t his apartment was so funny that I started laughing. He was on the wrong floor. My friend didn’t believe him. So I followed him upstairs and his apartment was in the exact same location. His door was locked and he had lost his keys. He actually had a bill in his wallet with his name and apartment address and number on it in his wallet. I checked his license too. I borrowed his credit cards, popped the door lock (Memphian 😇) and got him in quickly.

We went back down to her apartment. About 5 minutes later he is knocking on her door again. When I open it, he hands me a bottle in a paper bag and insists that we take it, He then stumbles back upstairs. I expect to get some bottle of rotgut. I hand the paper bag to my friend. She pulls out a bottle of Dom Perignon. We both look at each other 😳 like WTF? Had never been able to afford anything like that before. We truly enjoyed that champagne 😎

Now, I don’t think that’s what happened at JM apartment at all… just reminded me of a pretty funny college story.
I didn't realize you were the one I gave the bottle of Dom to :p:p. Thanks for not kicking my s$$

I watched the highlights of last year's game last night. We were down one touchdown going into the fourth quarter. Then Bama went crazy on offense. The biggest problem was Bryce started running all over the field on broken and/or designed plays. We couldn't catch the guy. We didn't have a spy on him. His running is what won the game for Bama. That is what I am really worried about. (That and the refs)

You guys who use Draft Kings. . . don't forget about the "free to play" stuff they have. There are several free to play pools that give cash prizes. I'd say its hard to win, but you can't if you don't play. You just pick who you think is gonna win each NFL game. The other pools are similar picks.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Ed O and Layla had A LOT to do with this. They wanted out of Knoxville ASAP. I think Kiffin leaving gave UT a free pass to upgrade over a guy who wasn't ready for the job. UT could've had a mulligan but instead doubled down on a decade of self-sabotage. So many years and so many layers of ineptitude-- unfathomable for a program that had defined stability and prospered greatly from it.
In your mind, is Danny White the single greatest hire UT has made in 15 years. To me, the guy just commands respect by the way he speaks and carries himself. Is there a better AD in college sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back