Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ref thing could go one of two ways. Sankey wants at least two SEC teams capable of making the playoffs. With Bryce’s status in the air moving forward, the refs may call the game mostly even with us and them getting equal favorability. Us and UGA are the likely two protected teams moving forward because if Bryce goes down, you can pretty much rule Bama out. Milroe isn’t enough to carry them to the playoffs.
Good point

I think Saban is forcing us to split preparation...therefore causing us to be half prepared for whoever is really in the field. Two totally different QBs requiring two totally different defensive approaches.

It is the smart thing to do, and it is what I would do if I was him.
Honestly, I think the prep for both of them is similar considering BY’s injury. Stop the run and make them beat you executing in the pass game all the way down the field. If it’s BY, make him prove he can make all the throws with that shoulder, and see just how healthy he is by blitzing him from all angles. Same for the Milroe…stop the run and make him beat you throwing the ball. Only difference for him is we need a spy on him.

Flying has become an absolute **** show.
5 years ago I would've flown every chance I got. Now I loathe it. Wife and I finally did the math and realized it's cheaper and going to be LESS stressful to drive TWO vehicles 16-18 hrs back home for Christmas, with a baby, than fly. Including hotels. And we can take the dogs instead of boarding them.

If only we had high speed rail...

5 years ago I would've flown every chance I got. Now I loathe it. Wife and I finally did the math and realized it's cheaper and going to be LESS stressful to drive TWO vehicles 16-18 hrs back home for Christmas, with a baby, than fly. Including hotels. And we can take the dogs instead of boarding them.

It’s the safety aspect for me sometimes. People drive like idiots without a cause these days

Honestly, I think the prep for both of them is similar considering BY’s injury. Stop the run and make them beat you executing in the pass game all the way down the field. If it’s BY, make him prove he can make all the throws with that shoulder, and see just how healthy he is by blitzing him from all angles. Same for the Milroe…stop the run and make him beat you throwing the ball. Only difference for him is we need a spy on him.
I don't think it is the same at all. The staff can't assume that BY can't drive it intermediate-deep on throws.

BY is a real QB who only runs when he has to, Milroe is a glorified RB that can throw it some.

Well speaking from yesterday's early return from the beach for the privilege of sitting in Neyland today, if you have to go thru ATL, it's better to fly. Tho I purposely drove because I was afraid of flight cancellation. 10 hour drive took 13 hours 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back