Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if I’d say it’s not close. HH was superb. Hyatt did things no TN receiver has ever done. And vs Bama. And when we had lost 15 in a row.
I agree they were all great, but no one has shut down bama's d-line like that in a very long time. Also add that HH and Hyatt do nothing without that o-line performance (it all starts up-front).Just my opinion, definitely not to take away from the great performance by everyone.

Last edited:
I’m 32 years old and that’s was the greatest game/experience of my adult sports life. It’s weird not being able to explain to non-Tennessee fans what that win meant. Not just #6 over #3. You had to have lived through the last decade and a half of hell. I imagine many of us, myself included, were pretty emotional after that one.

It really is hard to explain. Love this team. Legends

1665938750131.gif

I'm still taking in last night and trying to process it. The honest truth is I can't put it into words. Happiness, jubilation, overwhelming joy... I can't really find the words to exactly describe how I feel. But to finally be relevant again after so many years of not being relevant. Six years ago, I lost my dad, to the same disease I was fighting at the time. Five years ago, I almost died. I was knocking at death's door waiting on a liver transplant. Even my surgeon said he was surprised I made it. I was easily at my lowest point. So I was grasping for hope wherever I could find it, and Tennessee football has always been a passion. I wanted so bad for us to be good again, and for me to be alive to see it. Honestly, I didn't think I would. But now it's here, and I just have no real words to express what it means. It's just a game, but for some of us, it's come to mean so much more. I know outsiders would consider the passion strange, and unreasonable, and probably dumb, possibly insane. But I know at least some of you get it. I'm finally getting to see my Vols on top again. And it means so much to me. I don't care if people don't understand, or if they think it dumb. If I died right now, it would be with a smile on my face. Because the Vols being good makes me happy.
Bless you. Glad you're here!

we beat 4 top 25 teams guys! we arent number 1 material, because OSU, amirite?

Someone wrote that we made college football history last night:

First 6-0 team to ever beat 4 top 25 teams to start the season and put up over 30 points in each win.

Someone dug deep for that information

I’m 32 years old and that’s was the greatest game/experience of my adult sports life. It’s weird not being able to explain to non-Tennessee fans what that win meant. Not just #6 over #3. You had to have lived through the last decade and a half of hell. I imagine many of us, myself included, were pretty emotional after that one.

It really is hard to explain. Love this team. Legends

No Vol fan will ever forget this day

My wife finally understands why I've been a fan through the dark ages... She's a jubilant as I am
Same.

My wife just doesn't care much about football, but she grew up in Knoxville, went to Bearden, and then UT. She's a fan. But to see her last night singing and hollering right along with me with a HUGE smile on her face all night long was awesome to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back