Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heupel is loving UT and I'm extremely thankful he's here!

All the major UT sports I watch are on fire right now and we have genuine, fun, lovable coaches.

I'm 47 and this is the best year, from January to now, that I've ever experienced watching UT athletics. And it doesn't look like any sport is going to "fall off" anytime soon.

GO BIG ORANGE
We need a timeline to start off the ascension of our athletic department. I believe that bball team lead by Grant and Admiral sparked it in 2017 and 2018. Plowman and Boyd started to fan it and it took off with White coming in.

Just getting caught up from all the fun. I had an interesting game experience. I've never been in Knoxville for a hame and not been in the stadium. Tailgated at Laural Hall in my daughter's dorm. Watch the CBS broadcast and the game is about a play behind. So your watching the TV then you hear fireworks. So you know what's coming. So I say all of this to set up the last fg... TN lines up you hear Danielson talk then fireworks. I look at my daughter she is watching the jumbotron and we go ape sh!t crazy. So I never saw the final play. We run out the dorm and head to the stadium to enjoy the aftermath!!!

And on a side note my son is siting with us with the broadcast about to start when he gets a call and one of his grad school buddies is having some much fun at the tailgate he decides he does not want to go to the game so gives him his ticket.
I thought your daughter was in the Pride? Was she not at the game?

1.Tennessee 11-1 (Loss To Georgia)

2.Alabama 12-1 (Sec Champion)

3.Georgia 12-1 (Sec Runner-Up)

4. Ole Miss 11-1 ( Loss to Alabama)

I know Tennessee would likely be third(#1 to me) but is it possible for the college football playoffs to be made fully of SEC Teams?
I would love for miss st to beat bama next week. 😊

No..and no way they let three in either unless Clempson somehow 💩s the bed with their usual 💩ty schedule.

If we want in, we have to at least win the rest of our games except for UGA, and then for UGA to beat Bama in the SEC championship game giving them two losses (assuming they win out and get there to start with).

Either that or win em all...and we can not afford a slip up against UK, SC or Mizzou.

I know we should beat UK, but even though I think they were overhyped coming into the season...I still think they are a good team with Levis.
Kentucky only scares me as a let down game or a look ahead to UGA game. It's easy to see how a team could over look that one getting ready for UGA.

But if they don't and Coach Heupel has them ready and focused, we destroy them.

1.Tennessee 11-1 (Loss To Georgia)

2.Alabama 12-1 (Sec Champion)

3.Georgia 12-1 (Sec Runner-Up)

4. Ole Miss 11-1 ( Loss to Alabama)

I know Tennessee would likely be third(#1 to me) but is it possible for the college football playoffs to be made fully of SEC Teams?
Think ole miss would be odd man out, and not happy about it.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Went back and watched the game, Banks stood out to me. The stat sheet won’t reveal how good he played. I know the defense had its troubles, but Banks was a strong point
Agree 100%. Was shocked last night when I looked at the stats and he only was credited with 6 tackles. Watched a replay of the game today and he was flying around all night.

And for the record Bryce Young is the best NFL QB prospect I have seen in a while. He was scary good. Watching the plays again and knowing the outcome he is even more impressive.

And I know Gibbs didn’t reach his averages against us be he is scary in space. Huge drop by him though helped us win. So thanks.
Just hope he withstand the nfl season yoy. He is physically small and he will take hits; they all do. More than likely, he will going to a piss poor organization.

Imagine if we somehow get to play Bama in the SEC title game and beat them twice this year. I'm not sure any team could deep down feel like they could beat us. Our confidence would be stratospheric. Especially if it wasn't as close. Lots of ifs, I know, but it would be amazing to do to Saban's career what Saban did to Fulmer's almost 20 years ago. You couldn't write a better redemption story.

Kentucky only scares me as a let down game or a look ahead to UGA game. It's easy to see how a team could over look that one getting ready for UGA.

I 100% agree with this. Really glad we have UTM next week…. Not glad we have Uga after UK

Imagine if we had even a top 50 overall defense. It would be insane.
We would get more possessions, which would equal even more scoring...the rest of CFB should be terrified.

There are a lot of brilliant offensive HCs and OCs out there who can scheme...but Heupel and crew really excel at teaching execution.

As long as we have Heupel, we will get above average QB play.

This will be their Super Bowl. They'll put everything they have into it, because nothing would mean more to them than spoiling our season after their's fell apart.

The rebounded about back-2-back defeats to truly stun Mississippi State's offense. Chris Rod is an animal. They have 2 weeks to prepare coming off that big win.

It's going to be a bruiser. We can forget about everything if we don't take care of business and/or lose key players in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back