Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 502340
I’m not trying to tell you how to live your life but…. It’s time to step away from football…. Mr. Brady.
Siap but that's an old internet meme (the one about breaking the tv and the wife leaving with the kids) that gets posted every season. That said...given this was a Bammer fan...it's still probably true as well 🤣

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Kentucky only scares me as a let down game or a look ahead to UGA game. It's easy to see how a team could over look that one getting ready for UGA.

But if they don't and Coach Heupel has them ready and focused, we destroy them.

It only scares me because our secondary is absolutely mangled right now (hopefully we get a few back) and UK ripped us last year on offense.

That said, the big big difference is our pass rush is here to stay and Levis is no houdini like BY. I think we sack him 5 times and make him pout. UK will be lucky to gain an inch on the ground. Their OL stinks and we just held the best RB in the country to 4.3 ypc.

Hendo has hit another gear this season. Last season I thought he was very comparable to Dobbs. Now I now he's significantly better than Dobbs. He's an elite passer who is a good runner. Dobbs was a mediocre passer who was an elite runner.

Dobbs was better than mediocre. Imagine if he played for these coaches…imagine if any of the VFL players from those teams played for these coaches. I love that they are reveling in the achievements of this team. I am glad that despite all the bad coaches they suffered through that they are still VFLs.
The picture posted of Joey Kent and Jalin Hyatt had me grinning ear to ear. Can anyone think of any other great VFL s to wear 11 for Tennessee?

Alabama is an undisciplined team. Their penalties weren't an outlier this game. This was their 3rd road game and in each of them they have been called for double digit penalities for over 100 yards.

I would guess about 8 of Bama penalities were pre snap penalties and Saban acts like the noise didn't effect them.

Y’all remember the narrative that Heupel’s offense could beat average teams, but would not translate into wins versus higher caliber teams… like Alabama? I remember that narrative.

Umm, maybe CJH’s offense makes opposing teams look average is what they really meant.
He has never had the horses before. Now he will. It’s going to be ridiculous in the future. We embarrassed bama’s 5* defense. Imagine when the talent is equal? I think that every single Tennessee player has been underrated.

Umm, maybe CJH’s offense makes opposing teams look average is what they really meant.
He has never had the horses before. Now he will. It’s going to be ridiculous in the future. We embarrassed bama’s 5* defense. Imagine when the talent is equal? I think that every single Tennessee player has been underrated.
The future is bright! 15-0 this season, right, Doc?

Alabama is an undisciplined team. Their penalties weren't an outlier this game. This was their 3rd road game and in each of them they have been called for double digit penalities for over 100 yards.

I would guess about 8 of Bama penalities were pre snap penalties and Saban acts like the noise didn't effect them.

We deferred the opening kickoff and kicked into the wind SO THEY COULD HEAR THE STUDENT SECTION FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END!!!

Just another game!

That’s directly from the coaches mentality. Can you ever remember that sentiment from previous Tennessee coaches? Coach Majors’ teams played so tight against Bear’s bammers until the end, then Bear retired when he realized that Majors had overcome his problems. Coach Fulmer’s teams against Spurrier’s gator was the same way until they won and Spurrier bolted for the NFL.

These coaches ain’t scared. They bring no anxiety or angst about any team AND it shows in the performance of these players.

I hope that Saban and Smart watch this press conference. They should be scared from here on out.

The Curse Breakers cometh! One opponent at a time. 😎

Looks like as the defenses get better, our offense gets better. Guess we are hanging at least 56 on Georgia then!
Remember when you were a kid and you watched teams run and score in the 2-minute drill and you asked if it’s so easy to score why don’t they just do that all the time and no one could give you a satisfying answer and you just kept wondering about it… (inhale)… yeah, Heupel and Golesh remember too.

Tennessee yet again got a record performance from the opposing QB. Still wasn’t enough… how fun is that?
😈

Seriously, opposing QBs are playing their best games of the year against us. Part of it is definitely our secondary, but they are also making some incredible individual plays on the other side. Remember that TD pass to tie us against Pittsburgh? That QB and receiver make that play 1 in 100 times, it’s just that those 1 in 100 plays are coming against us.

I guess the other teams feel inspired watching Hooker and our receivers throw it around.

I head into work today. Plan to go to the 5th floor, inhabited as it is by Bama and Georgia fans

Plan to talk loudly to my Georgia friends about how “I’m worried about that November game in Athens because I’m still not sure Tennessee has played anyone. Playing the defending champs with a legit Heisman QB and a DL that can actually get to the passer will probably be the first real test Tennessee’s had. I’m getting bored watching Tennessee drop 50+ on teams like Mizzou, Akron, Ball State and Alabama.”

lol - “We’re not that good in the secondary” is the understatement of the year and honestly a bit too kind
I actually thought the DBs played pretty well Saturday. Young is just incredible and made NFL throws. Some times you just have to tip your hat.

Going to be young, but I really think Milton will be a great leader and player. OL has depth. Young talenf behind Keyton and Bru (and Hyatt if he stays). All four current runningbacks.

Lots of unproven young talent in the secondary. Biggest concern will be replacing J Banks and LB depth (Page and maybe Harrison). Not worried about the DL - next man up with insane talent available.
Gotta replace Darnell which will be tough. He’s been amazing this year.

We’re going to have to portal for LB and CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back