Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama DBs trying to sleep last night....

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

@KingNico

Any recruiting nugs to share after that spectacular win? The recruits that made it in had to love it. Knoxville this past weekend was everything college football is supposed to be. It truly was the pinnacle of the sport IMHO. I hope kids around the nation are taking notice of what Heupel is building. This is more than a football team, it's a family. And I'm here for every minute of it. I really hope recruits fall in love with Rocky Top!

So just looked up the NCAA team stats leaders:

Tennessee Total Offense is No. 1. Scoring Offense is No. 2. Total Defense is 104.

UGA: Total Offense is No. 4. Total Defense is No. 3.

Ohio State: Total Offense No. 2. Total Defense No 5.
We're not that good in the secondary. I think our offense makes teams pass more, as they're playing catch up.
I also think our strength of schedule plays a little into that as well. We're no.12 sos I believe and uga and osu are 60+.

We're not that good in the secondary. I think our offense makes teams pass more, as they're playing catch up.
I also think our strength of schedule plays a little into that as well. We're no.12 sos I believe and uga and osu are 60+.
lol - “We’re not that good in the secondary” is the understatement of the year and honestly a bit too kind

Okay - let's talk about the things that didn't go well:

What happened on the mesh/fumble? Was that Hooker not being decisive? Or did he pull it too late?

And what happened on the INT - he had Bru open... he over threw him. I think he had some pressure in his face and couldn't really step into it. Not a big deal. It happens.
Just glad he got the INT out of the way, so they would stop mentioning it every series.

We should...and so far in hos tenure Heupel and staff have shown that they are not in the habit of overlooking anybody...but players sometimes have an unfortunate habit of thinking too far ahead, and if understandably getting swollen heads and starting to think they can roll.their helmet out there.

They know they should annihilate UK, USC and Mizzou, and if they keep playing like they have been...they will, but if they get caught in La-La land...they can go down.

I once watched one of the most talented Vol teams with one of the greatest QBs of all time lose to Memphis f'n State...so forgive me if I NEVER feel comfortable against SEC teams....especially good ones.
Helps game is in Knoxville. 100K+ rabid Vol fans ramp up the intensity/focus for the team. This will be Kensucky's championship.No doubt.

Love it. We'll see if he plays. I'm honestly not sure if Mincey is still hurt or if they liked how he played against LSU so much he got the start.

I know the O-line performance was one of the best I've ever seen.
Don't know if it's been said but Mincey got rolled up on in the first quarter

Every other team in the SEC is upset that Bama didn't "put us in our place" tonight. GBFO🍊

That’s not true. I actually had two gator fans congratulate me on the win. They wanted both of us to beat uga. I don’t think that I have ever agreed with a gator before.

Multiple Aggies are happy for us. They are equally sad that we didn’t hand bama their 2nd loss.

So many people congratulated me as they walked by, it became hilarious. I had talked to one of the rental car agents while waiting to get my vehicle. He left what he was doing to run over and fist bump me when Ihe saw me returning! It was surreal.

In short, as I always knew, the Tennessee Volunteers are the people’s champions. We’re America’s team. Why? Because the spirit of the Volunteer is the epitome of what makes this the greatest country on this planet!

6-0 😎

Headed towards

15-0 🤠

Are you starting to believe @Ulysees E. McGill ?

Before the four semifinal teams play for the title, the College Football Playoff Selection Committee will release six sets of top 25 rankings throughout the season. The first is Tuesday, Nov. 1.

Can't wait.
If we win the next 2 and Georgia does, it will be #1 vs #2 in Athens. Another gameday and prime time slot.

I don't think the defense matters as much - total defense that is.

This is a Red Zone defensive team. From the 20-20 we play not to get burned. Then tighten up.

I really loved how we blitzed all night long against Bama. I loved the creative blitzes used.

No our offense on the other hand is just UNREAL.
If we will do that against UK, some of those blitzes get home for sacks. Levis can’t move like Bryce in the pocket or outside of it. We will sack him 5-6 times, if we have an aggressive defensive game plan.

I was surprised they called the PI at the end of the game when bama got that INT. We use to never get those calls.

Sankey finally realized that it’s a new era.

Unfortunately for him, the SEC home office is in Birmingham. We may hear about a tragic “accident “ involving him.

I’m hoping that it means that the SEC offices are getting ready to move.

We will truly know that the SEC is now backing us during the uk and uga games. If it’s called even remotely fairly, then we are the it team now. 😈

Even with all of the obvious holding calls that the refs called, they still had to pile on the penalties. It was like an episode of some reality show that was totally unreal for the refs and the bama coaches. All the huddles to discuss the penalties: “Do we really have to call that on bama? Yes, it was too flagrant to pretend that it wasn’t a penalty “
On the bama sidelines “ when did that become a penalty? We’ve never had that called against us before…I knew other teams weren’t allowed, but we’re special. What’s wrong with the world? Why do they hate us?” 😈🤣

It's really nice of Alabama fans to really put in perspective just how much they lack any sense of self-awareness. Them literally having a stroke complaining about the refs in this game is the absolute height of irony. Bama would literally lose multiple national championships off their resume if the SEC hadn't made sure their games were always called favorably for the last 15 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back