Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold the tickets Friday night. Had 2 friends come down with the Flu and the rest of the group going, myself included, are Tennessee fans. We decided we couldn’t miss this Alabama game and the other games on that day, so we sold the tickets and hung out at the pool all day. When we won, the screams were heard all over Miramar Beach in the vicinity of The Crab Trap.
That is a great story. It was fun being in the stadium when I heard we won, but not nearly as fun as it would have been seeing it live. I think Tallahassee is a pretty cool town.

I've got a huge concern. It involves recruiting. I think one position is going to be extremely difficult to attract highly ranked players. What decent punter will ever want to play for the Vols? They hardly see the field. This could spell trouble for us for years to come.

Bama has gotten top tier punters all throughout the Saban years. They’ll come.

I like how one idiot said "Tennessee was worse than Alabama, but they won because of crowd energy and effort"

Who knew that crowd energy made Hooker throw dimes and Hyatt grow wings?

The fact is...Alabama was lucky it wasn't a even bigger record setting blowout. We overthrew two wide open TDs and gave the ball to them twice, spotting them a TD on the scoop and score...and still got their ass beat....even with Young having one of the best throwing days of his life they couldn't win.
The crowd probably did help some, but you are correct, the fans weren’t on the field during the game 🤣.. one game at a time boys, one game at a time

I'm gonna be honest. I actually shed some tears. It's been a long and hard 15 years. More downs than ups. So many times I wanted to give up on my Vols but no matter what, I just couldn't give up on them. Outsiders will never understand the passion we have in Tennessee for this program. They don't understand what it means to us.

I mean, it is nearly mid-day and I don't see a game thread for UT-Martin. I guess you all know what that means....

21b2e7ea-f87a-41f6-a2d3-8defef8b4ead_text.gif
Since there is no Unlike button, I Liked then Unliked!!!

You can't jump directly over someone. You can jump over their extended leg, which is what he did. Literally no one blocked him, the DL didn't move an inch.

Edit I'm not sure about using their shoulders to help jump over the extended leg, that might be a foul.
You can split the gap with contact but you can’t go directly over someone with contact.

Yeah...I think Kentucky got a shot in the arm of confidence because Miss State played terrible. The thing is Miss State is a one dimensional team, and they rarely run the ball, in fact they average 23 carries a game for 93 yards a game, both are worst in the SEC. The only team with a lower yards per carry is Kentucky. I mean to their credit they did contain Miss State's passing attack, holding them to just 200 yards. But it's a different style of passing attack. We like to spread folks out and take shots down the field, allowing our WRs to pressure DBs all game and if a mistake is made we have the speed to make teams pay (like Hyatt did to Bama).

Again though UGA & UK haven't faced offenses anywhere near as good as we are.

2nd in PPG
5th in Passing Yards per Game
7th in Passing TDs per Game
27th in Rushing Yards per Game
10th in Rushing TDs per Game
1st in Total Yards per Game

Only 2 P5 schools averaging 300+ passing yards and 200+ rushing yards a game. Ohio State & TN and Ohio State did it against ND, Arkansas State, Toledo, Wisconsin, Rutgers, and Michigan State of those teams Toledo is the only team that's above 500 right now.

Bama's defensive ratings look worse now because we lit them up. But before our game here's how they ranked

6th in Points Allowed 12.5
10th in Passing Yards Allowed 166.3
6th in Rushing Yards Allowed 84.5
5th in Total Yards Allowed 250.8

Kentucky's Rankings in same categories
12th in Points Allowed 16.4
16th in Passing Yards Allowed 178.3
31st in Rushing Yards Allowed 117.1
14th in Total Yards Allowed 295.4

Georgia's Rankings in same categories
2nd in Points Allowed 9.1
8th in Passing Yards Allowed 163.7
5th in Rushing Yards Allowed 83.4
3rd in Total Yards Allowed 247.1

Bama & Georgia are closer in rankings than Kentucky is to Georgia. And if you remove our game from the mix Kentucky is closer to LSU than they are Bama/Georgia while playing the 39th rated SOS. Bama's is 14th, TN is 18th, LSU is 23rd, & Georgia is 65th.

So honestly I'd say at this point the better question is when is Kentucky/Georgia gonna face a stout team that's as good as we are, cause looking at their schedules right now we're the strongest team either have left to play.
Ran the ball 11 ? Times I believe.
That’s the difference between a Leach offense and Huep/Golish
And why they always have 1-2 pitiful games a year

Cubelic just put it out there. (Greg said nothing, but didn't defend)

NIL has changed how much influence Saban has. He doesn't know how to relate to paid players. Players can now go to a school like Tennessee who will provide a more player friendly coaching environment while getting paid and still to the NFL.

"You must know how to relate to this generation's athlete, he (Saban) didn't know how in the NFL and he doesn't know how to do it in the new NIL age."

This can be additionally substantiated by the average penalties by year for Alabama. I totally agree with @BleedorangeinGA, it appears he is starting to loose his team. Could this be the beginning of the end??

Reactions: TennacJed
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back