Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a huge concern. It involves recruiting. I think one position is going to be extremely difficult to attract highly ranked players. What decent punter will ever want to play for the Vols? They hardly see the field. This could spell trouble for us for years to come.
I say then we just go to the never punt strategy 😉😉

This can be additionally substantiated by the average penalties by year for Alabama. I totally agree with @BleedorangeinGA, it appears he is starting to loose his team. Could this be the beginning of the end??
I don't necessarily think he is losing the team. I think the point is for so long he was one of the only game in town. Now with NIL and the transfer portal, schools are closing the talent gap and parity seems more likely causing him to win less games.

I've got a huge concern. It involves recruiting. I think one position is going to be extremely difficult to attract highly ranked players. What decent punter will ever want to play for the Vols? They hardly see the field. This could spell trouble for us for years to come.
A6439DC4-0CBD-4861-B099-E23E8D8C10B8.gif
That’s also for all you morans bemoaning whom we have to replace on the NEXT YEAR.

I said it at the time. Everyone we lost was “highly replaceable”…including Toto. He and Quavaris Crouch were liabilities in our defense by the end of 2020. Now I’m sure better schemers could have gotten better use out of them…but replaceable. The only loss that stung for me was Key Lawrence and that looks overblown on my part in retrospect.

I think Key would be killing it if he had stayed. He should be a warning to current OU commits.

Got a friend who is a MSST alum, he was pissed Saturday. He did say that their offense doesn't travel well on the road for some reason. Lights out at home but struggles on the road which is evident with the UK and LSU game. And for whatever reason Leach doesn't like to run the ball. Drives my friend crazy. Kentucky plays a really good tight zone defense that is perfect against MSST. MSST don't take many deep shots, they flourish in the short to intermediate throws which can be a challenge against a good zone defense.

We are going to throw the ball over their head and match up our WRs on their safeties in those deep zones.
That was always my issue with Leach. Running backs are extra blocking and outlet receivers. He inherited the leading returning rusher in the SEC in his first season and the guy left halfway.

Got an Aussie on the way. Keep him stocked with Fosters…he doan keeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back