Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to know which one of you was the one driving on I 75 south yesterday afternoon between Chattanooga and Atlanta, who I rolled my window down to, flashed the Vol sign, and then we screamed at each other GO VOLS? I saw you on your phone, so I know you’re on here.

I liked this, but folks - be safe behind the wheel.

SIAP but did anybody see the Saban press conference? Looked defeated and without answers other than “we need to play better and with better technique”. Lots of salt about the penalties and the need to call them consistently. Seems really butthurt over the non targeting hit on Bryce.

Are we talking which game was more exciting or what game is considered the greatest of all time?

I thought the original post before the one I commented on was which was more exciting but I could be wrong. If we are just talking which was more exciting then I’m just specifically looking at that game in a vacuum. Nothing outside like implications or anything like that.. just which game was more exciting to watch. And I think that ours was, easily. That iron bowl had the better shock ending.. but it wasn’t more exciting throughout the game.

If we are talking greatest game of all time I still don’t think it’s the 2013 Iron Bowl. I give that credit to the 2006 Texas vs USC National Championship.
IMO, a big part of the excitement is caused by what is at stake in the game. I mean, if you had a game play out in identical fashion to ours between 2 teams that had records of 1-5 and 2-4, is it anywhere near as exciting? That Iron Bowl combined a lot being at stake + excitement throughout capped by the ending + the fact that it was a huge rivalry game.

You also can totally argue that the 2006 BCSNCG is also the most exciting game of all time. It was a national title game, after all, and was very exciting, but it lacked the heated rivalry element that the Iron Bowl has. I think all of those elements go into what makes a game exciting, not just the sequence of events in the game itself.

If only he had another inch.
twss.gif

Hardly seems worth my effort and skill.....

twss.gif

The crowd probably did help some, but you are correct, the fans weren’t on the field during the game 🤣.. one game at a time boys, one game at a time
Even if the crowd did help so what?It goes on in every stadium in the country except for maybe Miami and USC.

I've been wanting to go to a game so bad this year. Finally broke down and bought tickets to Missouri for me and my stepdad. He's the one who got me started on this rollercoaster of being a Vol fan so long ago so it just seems right to take him to a game after all we've suffered through together. Section EE row 2
See ya there!!

Yeah, Bryce Young and Jahmyr Gibbs are legit NFL talents...think Gibbs in our offense with his receiving ability would have even BETTER numbers than he has right now.

88 carries for 635 yards and 5 TDs
157 carries for 750 yards and 11 TDs (Wright/Small combined numbers)
A reminder Gibbs wanted to be a Vol out of high school but we didn’t really pursue him

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back