Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rece Davis said we have the cleanest path to the playoffs 👀

If we beat Kentucky, I think we’re in 😳😳😳.

We could still lose 1 of either Georgia (and miss Atlanta), or Bama (SEC championship), and still have 1 of the 4 best resumes. Fortunately we don’t have to worry about losing those games (see Doc’s post history), but for playing hypotheticals it’s fun.

Yeah, Bryce Young and Jahmyr Gibbs are legit NFL talents...think Gibbs in our offense with his receiving ability would have even BETTER numbers than he has right now.

88 carries for 635 yards and 5 TDs
157 carries for 750 yards and 11 TDs (Wright/Small combined numbers)
A reminder Gibbs wanted to be a Vol out of high school but e we didn’t really pirate him
When does it come out?
1666041248441.gif

If we beat Kentucky, I think we’re in 😳😳😳.

We could still lose 1 of either Georgia (and miss Atlanta), or Bama (SEC championship), and still have 1 of the 4 best resumes. Fortunately we don’t have to worry about losing those games (see Doc’s post history), but for playing hypotheticals it’s fun.

And it's only Y2.
I can't say it enough; what a difference real ball coach can make.

You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.

I've said it already but we match up well against UGA this year. Defensively we have to stop their running game and neutralize Bowers (I would match him up with our Star). I would still be aggressive and blitz the shat out of Bennett. No way he is houdini nor will he consistently make pin point accurate throws down the field like Young did (some of throws you tip your hat and get ready for the next play). UGA is a run based offense and their playmakers (outside of their TEs) don't scare you.

Offensively we will test then vertically like no else will be able to do this year. With their front 7 not being nearly as good as last year (they are still really good) and our improved oline, I believe Hendo will have time to carve them up and we should have some success running the ball. We have to remember we were in the red zone 5x last year and only came away with 17 points.

I would imagine their secondary is better than Bama's right now but Young carved them up for over 400 yards last year in the SECCG. With a less dominant front, I believe we can have the same success this year and I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up in a shootout. Just have to avoid 3 and outs.

You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.
Nope. UGA is much better on Defense, we won’t have the home field advantage and their Offense Is continually underestimated.
On the other hand, we seem to be getting better, especially O Line, if we’re lucky Tilman and a couple defenders are back and no one else gets hurt-,but you never know when injuries are going to come

Reactions: orangejuice
The sooner we start stacking top 5 classes, the longer the run goes.

Heupel has taken us to an afterthought to prime time in 1.5 seasons. Haven’t sniffed a top 5 class leading up to this year. I think he’ll be able to do just fine before starting to land those stupid good classes.

Ya know

Our defense really wasn't bad at all to me

Like our DB's were fine. It's just Bryce Young is incredible and jahmyr Gibbs is a dude who could probably tear it up in the NFL right now lol

Like Rucker, Charles, Flowers, Slaughter and BDEnergy WILLIAM WALKON WRIGHT were all over them most of the time.

Agreed. We knew they were going to score points. Young escaped at least 5 sacks and was hella accurate. Gibbs broke alot of tackles for someone his size. Definitely reminds me of AK41.

Thomas hitting Young later in the game. It looked like he hit him helmet to helmet from the sideline view but the camera up above showed that he hit him with his right shoulder and they might've brushed facemasks. Definitely not targeting and they even reviewed it for targeting. The problem is that the broadcast only showed that camera angle from above one time, so their fans are pissed off about it.
No the problem is Bammer and their fans are sore loser’s and you could have 20 cameras showing it wasn’t and they would still cry just like Nick

So we get in if we go 11-1 and UGA beats Bama in the title game?

Then need Clemson or the big 12 champ to have one loss?

Yes.

As it stands right now, there are 9 undefeated teams and only 6 could finish undefeated. Mich and OSU still have to play, can only be one winner. UT and UGA still have to play, can only be one winner. Clemson and Syracuse still have to play, can only be one winner. That takes away 3 undefeated teams right there. After that, every undefeated team left has a pretty tough schedule playing at least 2 ranked opponents. As long as the Pac12 or Big12 doesn’t have an undefeated team, I think a 1 loss SEC team would definitely get in as a 2nd SEC team, especially if that 11-1 team was UT with the resume we’ve had this year.

It won’t matter though because UT is going to Atlanta and bringing home a championship 😏

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back