Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be tough to swallow, getting left out after beating the SEC Champs.
Agreed, but I would see the logic behind it. If that occurred, Alabama would be a 1-loss SEC champ so they're definitely in. UGA would have 1 loss with that loss coming in the SECCG to the conference champ, so they'd be in. Tennessee would have 1 loss but that loss would be to the loser of the SECCG, which I think would preclude us getting in despite us having beaten the SEC champ.

I wonder how the tiebreaker for the SECCG would be handled in a pod format.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I'm not trying to stir the pot...but I'm also a logical/realist fan (who leans optimistic most the time).

I think we're the best offense in the country, don't feel there is much debate to be had there.

But I don't think I'd say we're the best -team- in the country (not yet at least). Really feel like if we've got a legit shot at 15-0 we need to see the defense take a few more steps. I'm okay with giving up all the passing yards, it's expected with other teams playing catchup. But we at least need to see more turnovers and sacks.

I'd say we're in the mix with Ohio State & Georgia though...and we'll get our chance to prove it head to head with Georgia in their stadium. But right now we need to get the secondary healthy and have a clean injury free game against UT Martin.

I'm not trying to stir the pot...but I'm also a logical/realist fan (who leans optimistic most the time).

I think we're the best offense in the country, don't feel there is much debate to be had there.

But I don't think I'd say we're the best -team- in the country (not yet at least). Really feel like if we've got a legit shot at 15-0 we need to see the defense take a few more steps. I'm okay with giving up all the passing yards, it's expected with other teams playing catchup. But we at least need to see more turnovers and sacks.

I'd say we're in the mix with Ohio State & Georgia though...and we'll get our chance to prove it head to head with Georgia in their stadium. But right now we need to get the secondary healthy and have a clean injury free game against UT Martin.
giphy (15).gif

The stack was often Fant and Hyatt. Bru was on the opposite side of the field. Funny thing is that bama had the db cover Fant the majority of the time. That’s okay. When Tillman is back, they won’t be able to cover either… they were lost as it was. 🤠
yeah i guess I should have put it a bigger guy with Hyatt. The key is having someone on the other side who can win 1 on 1

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

All we need is the OL to keep doing its thing, Hendo to keep doing his thing, and for Tillman to seamlessly rejoin the offense.

As others have said, we haven't put together a complete game on offense yet. If everyone stays healthy, we will start doing that. We are hitting midseason form. If the offense hits another gear in Athens, we both win that game and probably go undefeated through ATL and the playoff. Because the team won't dip below its peak once it reaches it and no one will be able to keep up with us the rest of the way.

The defense could improve, sure, but we are going to beat people with our offense. Our defense is just there to get a few stops and maybe a turnover or two.

Bammers around here have been the most triggered group of pansies I have ever been around ever. My Dad (bammer grad) has even been a bitch since Saturday lol. When we were getting our **** kicked in for nearly two decades, people around here would always say that football would be better if Tennessee was good again, but when it starts happening, they act totally different.

Not sure we need bruisers - we need another Alvin Kamara.

Kamara probably would have won the Heisman in 2016 if coached by Heupel. That dude might have had 150+ total yards from scrimmage in every game he played.
I understand wanting Kamara. He was/is an incredibly rare talent. Big guy, big player in a compact package. But there is a place for a physically big back too. There's a reason they had Fant contribute, and he got that TD because he made it happen with his power. Need more big RBs to contribute like that, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back