Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover 3 pod

[they were all smoking cigars 😂]

Chip: Tennessee wins 52-49, we have to start with the epic in knoxville

Tom: that was an incredible football game between two really good football teams. This game lived up to the hype, which was rare. I don't even know where to start. Hendon Hooker 5 TDs all to Hyatt. Bryce Young played spectacularly, Gibbs too. Alabama missed a FG, I feel like you can't have a classic Bama game without a missed FG.

Chip: and Tennessee missed an XP too! And they had to make up for it by going for 2. You mentioned Hyatt, the thing that stood out to me about his touchdowns - almost all of them were at key moments.

Tom: they were all the same play as far as I could tell!

Bud: if I had told you that Tennessee would lose the turnover battle, and miss an xP, and that Tillman wouldn't play, and mccollough wouldn't play, you're not picking Tennessee. Yet they come out on top. I was so impressed with what they did.I like their initial plan. I like what they were doing hitting the deep shots, stacking the WR. It looked like Bama was trying to stop the short passes and screens and Tennessee was like "ok, we're gonna run our second receiver right at your safety." That was just not something that Alabama's secondary guys could handle. It's a credit to the job Tennessee's coaching staff did, it's also a credit to Hendon Hooker for being better throwing the ball underneath. To me, he's not someone that has done that well, and Bama adjusted as they started to take the lead, Tennessee mixed it up, they scrambled well. I was really impressed with what they did. Hooker played his butt off, Hyatt played a great game. They blocked Bama just enough to make some of those explosive plays. It looked like you were watching an old school Baylor offense. That could have been RG3 back there just chucking it.

Chip: a school record 17 penalties for the Alabama crimson tide. Never in the history of Alabama football has a team committed 17 penalties in a single game. 130 yards. Give credit to the atmosphere that neyland stadium created. This is an ongoing issue for Alabama.

[they talk through Alabama's challenges]

Tom: what offense can do to Bama what Tennessee did? They'll be fine.

Bud: Bryce young is so damn good man. Tennessee gave them more problems with their front than anybody expected. If young doesn't play, they lose that game by 2-3 scores.

Bud: they made Tennessee adjust. Heupel and staff did a great job adjusting. Their run game played well. They stretched the field. They don't really throw the ball in the middle all that much. They do some Hooker running there, zone reads, RPO. Hooker played well, he made some throws. They matched Bama's physicality which is important. They tore down the goal posts, they took back Dixieland delight. I don't know if Kentucky can win in neyland, probably not. Then the Georgia game? Could they beat Georgia? I think they can.

Tom: they missed a couple of shots too. They didn't pucker up at all. They didn't back down. It's awesome. I'm happy for Tennessee and their fans.

Chip: they're one of the best teams in the country

Tom: Tennessee is my #1

Chip: they have the best win

I doubt Kiffin will make it easy on them
He will have them ready. Not sure he has the horses on defense to slow them down all that much. I have been wrong plenty of times, so definitely could be wrong as well. If I had my druthers, I would definitely want to face Ole Miss in the SECCG.

I can't believe this is real life😂😂

This isn't satire. This guy is completely serious. He thinks the goalposts being torn down and destroyed was planned.

Nevermind that Riechard missed by 15 feet lmao

View attachment 503020

Lol. That kick would have missed the ocean if he had kicked it from a pier.

Last edited:
Again your not following. The dollar increase for premium vs regular gas is not a one year charge. You are putting premium for the life so say you own it for 6 years. We are now talking 12,500 plus the savings of the vehicle.
I'm following fine. . . depending on mileage of course. . . are you not accounting for the price of regular gas at all? Only accounting for the premium gas cost?

The average driver spends $3k per year on regular fuel. The avg of premium over regular is about 18% or about $540/yr on average. 6 years would cost an average of $3,240 more. Find a good deal on the vehicle, saving $2,500-$3000 and the price increase for premium over regular grade fuel is negligible when considering the $50k+ initial price.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
A huge part of Bama's mystique is their swagger and confidence. And, that starts with Nick Saban. We hit them in the mouth. They got shook. They did bounce back, but when we did not roll over, they got shook again. That was the ultimate difference, IMO.

I listened to a bit of a Bama podcast earlier while I was walking the dogs and they were saying the same thing. They were like “I’m still shocked by the fact we got punched in the face and didnt have a single answer for 60 minutes.” And they talked about that very thing for about 15 minutes. Felt good.

East TN, but willing to drive to shop. Knoxville is the largest big city, less than an hour away.

Might give PALS (Personal Auto Locator Service) a call. They specialize in locating what you want. I think they'll bring in a vehicle with no obligation to purchase if it suits your needs. They (the owners, native Knoxvillians) support the Vols and are good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back