Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it was crystal clear in the moment that he should have, IMO. It would have erased both of our timeouts but I think Bama only had 2 timeouts too and 34 seconds left when they got to 1st and 10 at the UT 32. If they had a strong kicker, then yeah, run the ball. But if you don’t get anywhere running the ball then you still have a 45-50 yard FG and their kicker coming into the game had only made like 3 of his last 6 FGs coming into the game, that’s tough. I think Saban KNEW he needed to get closer because he didn’t trust his kicker but he did trust his Heisman QB to get them closer.

In hindsight, the decision was bad because it left time on the clock for us, but I think Saban thought he could stop us from going 30-40 yards for FG range in 12 seconds too. Oh well, glad it turned out the way it did because this ending was much more fun than an overtime ending.
This is what I was thinking. Plus we had played the run well, but the pass not that great. You don’t want to let Tennessee have a chance for a field goal but make them have to go for a TD increasing your odds for winning. Just looks like a bad decision in hindsight because they missed their field goal after their red hot, Heisman winning QB failed.

Even if we lose to UGA.....and thats a big if....we are still gonna have a great chance to go to the playoffs because of our resume.
i almost don't even want to start entertaining all the scenarios....but, they're just kinda obvious at this point... winning out, in. lose the SEC title game...more than likely in. 11-1 with Bama winning the SEC title, that's where our resume starts to probably really come in to play when compared to other 1 loss teams like UGA, Mich/OSU.....and then you'll have teams like Ok St, TCU, USC/UCLA/ORE....

it could get interesting if you have clemson, Big10 champ, as your undefeated....1 loss SEC champ....then it's a log jam of teams that would all feel pretty good about their case for #4. especially the Pac 10 and Big 12 champs....they get left out to a 1 loss TN team that didn't even play for a conf title? i'm not against that, mind you. :)

is it wrong to still just be glad to be here? lol i mean, there's a part of me that is, and i can't still get my head around the reality of actually being in contention for a national title...right now. crazy. but we are, so the other side of me is like....
HardtofindCoarseHairstreakbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

We need to absolutely annihilate Kentucky. Their OL is bad and we need to hit Levis often. We are good against the run. Absolutely can’t let them have the satisfaction of playing us close much less beat us.
i think if you're a team not named bama or uga, you have to look at how our D line and O line are playing right now and think "we can't do what Bama and UGA can do, this is gonna suck".

if our D line plays like they did Saturday night against the rest of the SEC opponents.....mercy. it was just unfortunate that Bryce Young is just "special". a mortal man get's killed, a la Slovis. and outside Steston Bennet, who isn't Bryce Young, but is every bit as annoying tying to get on the ground, we should fair well against Mizzou, USCe, UK and Vandy. i don't see any QB's there that scare me from the standpoint of being able to avoid a good pass rush, like Bennet can and Bryce Young can.

and our o line...mercy....outside UGA....we are gonna match up favorably.

anyway...i'm looking forward to the second half of the season!!!!

Hillbilly-Redneck-Cracker-Hick...All the same to me...they are meant as a putdown..an huge insult..but to me they are a badge of honor. The absolute best human beings I have ever been privileged to know and live among are called these words.

I absolutely despise pretentious intellectual 💩heads that think they are better and know more than everybody else.
Agree completely

We need to absolutely annihilate Kentucky. Their OL is bad and we need to hit Levis often. We are good against the run. Absolutely can’t let them have the satisfaction of playing us close much less beat us.

Getting satisfaction from playing someone close is what losers do. Who cares.

The conference hates teams storming the field. I'm sure Sankey will use the Burton incident to further chastise UT for "failure to implement procedures to ensure compliance with SEC policy." Sankey has the power to enforce stricter penalties for violations. It wouldn't be surprising to see him put school admins on notice that he will do so, especially since the fines are relatively inconsequential to SEC schools.

The conference hates teams storming the field. I'm sure Sankey will use the Burton incident to further chastise UT for "failure to implement procedures to ensure compliance with SEC policy." Sankey has the power to enforce stricter penalties for violations. It wouldn't be surprising to see him put school admins on notice that he will do so, especially since the fines are relatively inconsequential to SEC schools.
This was exactly what I thought when the Burton videos came out, even though the VAST majority of activity was fun and safe.

One thing that really concerns me in regards to recruiting. We score so much that our band members are totally exhausted after games from playing rockytop. It's probably going to be hard to attract the best musicians giving the amount of time they're having to play. I don't think we're incredibly deep in the tuba position.

Also, the cheerleaders that have to do the push-ups. I mean who'd want to go to a school where you're doing push-ups constantly for four hours?
1666198263133.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back