Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave away 1600 pieces of candy last night. The streets are packed here. Some folks travel from other neighborhoods to come to ours. We have multiple houses that do jello shots, fireball shots, beers and other mixed drinks for the parents. It's a good time for the kids but it's exhausting. My wife got food poisoning Sunday night through early this am so I was a single dad with both kids trick or treating. I'm spent.
That food poisoning sounds pretty convenient , if you ask me

I vowed early in the year not to post until we slayed the three headed dragon. We've cut two of the heads off already, with the third coming Saturday. I guess being #1 in the country going into that game is a good enough reason to post. 😉

Beating LSU in Death Valley was a nice bonus too.
Very much awesome to see you, Gramps.

Man I love some John Ward! Also, I know it’s a debate for off season threads but why is copperhead road not our end of 3rd Q song? I mean I only like this and guitar town from Steve Earle and I for sure don’t agree with his politics, but the song mimics sentiments of Rocky Top and just makes too much sense for that venue.

tbh, I never thought I’d see Tennessee #1. I don’t think a lot of us did.

The 90s babies hardly remember ‘98 led alone the early 2000’s. The is uncharted water for us. I.. I don’t know how to feel.
I'm 47 and the 1st TN game I remember watching start to finish was the 1986 Sugar Bowl. I remember the Miracle at South Bend, Play #1 at Birmingham, Pandemonium Reigns, and back to back SEC Championships... among several others. I also remember being so cocky, that in 98 I got asked if I wanted a ticket to Tempe and saying I'll go next year. At the time, I thought we'd always be good. The ones saying not to take this for granted mean it. This is something very special and as good as I can ever remember.

*We don't need to burn Heupel ***IF*** he has an off season, like 7-5, down the road. He's a fantastic coach, he's very likeable, and seems like a great family man. I think he's as East Tennessee Hillbilly as anyone that's came through UT in a long time. I'm glad my sons (17 and 15) are getting to experience the Vols at such a high level. It's really great to be a TENNESSEE VOL.

For us older fans...

quote-i-ve-seen-fire-and-i-ve-seen-rain-i-ve-seen-sunny-days-that-i-thought-would-never-end-james-taylor-55-67-14.jpg

I'm 47 and the 1st TN game I remember watching start to finish was the 1986 Sugar Bowl. I remember the Miracle at South Bend, Play #1 at Birmingham, Pandemonium Reigns, and back to back SEC Championships... among several others. I also remember being so cocky, that in 98 I got asked if I wanted a ticket to Tempe and saying I'll go next year. At the time, I thought we'd always be good. The ones saying not to take this for granted mean it. This is something very special and as good as I can ever remember.

*We don't need to burn Heupel ***IF*** he has an off season, like 7-5, down the road. He's a fantastic coach, he's very likeable, and seems like a great family man. I think he's as East Tennessee Hillbilly as anyone that's came through UT in a long time. I'm glad my sons (17 and 15) are getting to experience the Vols at such a high level. It's really great to be a TENNESSEE VOL.
all of this! I am so happy for my kids as well.........even for my bluetick Taber who is almost 12 and finally got to see us beat the gumps. I hate to say it but I was worried we might lose her before that happened. Man I hate bama so much.

The only thing that isn’t in Tennessee favor is

Georgia Saturday
Most likely Bama in the SECCG
And one of the two in the playoff again.

Beating Bama 3 times will be tough.
Lot of football left to be played. Hopefully we beat Georgia at 330 on Saturday (which I really think we will). Then we should all be cheering on LSU to beat Bama. Takes care of them as far as playoffs go. Then we would potentially play LSU in the SEC championship. Let the rest of the chips fall into place. Don't matter. Vols by fiddy.

Last edited:

That’s why my fiancé told me earlier last week. I keep putting off going to a game this year amd she told me you never know when this will happen again. I think we may try and scalp some tickets down in Athens (we can’t afford them now)

I’m about to be 30 and all I knew growing up was on Saturday my Papaw would come get me and we’d watch the Tennessee game together. The first game I remember watching was our bowl game against Clemson in 2004…

This is a great feeling & I hope we have Coach Hype for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back