Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go back to the College Game Day when Herbie had Heup out there before the Bama game and he asked Heup did he have a sleepless night thinking about Bama and Heup replied ,No I slept good with a smile. I told my wife right then, he is not scared or worried about Bama stopping his offense. Heup is just that confident in what he is doing. I think he knows he can out scheme any of these coaches, including bowl cut

Coach Heup loves competition

Heupel just changed the national Coaching Carousel unrealistic patience bar continuum for all of CFB.
Dumpster fire to #1 in 2 years or get out.
He is a special guy, and he obviously has a great teaching staff...he was also absolutely gifted Rodney Garner which is absolutely huge..

This is not miraculous, to say that is to deny the great solid work of pure development these guys have done, but it is also a series of fortunate events that will not be easily repeated everywhere.

Not just anybody could do this

I remember sitting in the stadium in Tempe and telling my 12 year old son to remember this feeling as it may not happen again in your lifetime. Last night I received a text from my now 35 year old son that said " I t's happening again. We are going to the game. My treat.". I guess I did something right in raising him.

Oh okay, so that’s how they do rankings lol I thought it was by who you beat, shows how much I know lol
I know...but they have played well since that game in a crap conference. I do believe the game would play out differently if they were to play again even though UGA would probably still win.

That game really just had too much "new" going on for Oregon...mainly Bo Nix figured out he is actually a pretty good QB.

I know...but they have played well since that game in a crap conference. I do believe the game would play out differently if they were to play again even though UGA would probably still win.

That game really just had too much "new" going on for Oregon...mainly Bo Nix figured out he is actually a pretty good QB.
Makes sense, it just still strikes me as weird 😂

The only thing that isn’t in Tennessee favor is

Georgia Saturday
Most likely Bama in the SECCG
And one of the two in the playoff again.

Beating Bama 3 times will be tough.
If we were to beat Bama again in the SEC championship..they ain't getting in the playoffs for us to play three times.

Bob Kesling needs to be given the gold watch. When I hear John Ward's voice, it sends shivers down my spine and brings tears to my eyes even now. After this undefeated season, he needs to retire.

The reason it is time to retire is because he has not improved. He's still the same interim voice that does not work at it like John did his entire career. It's OK, he did not choose himself for the job, some other less than competent people did.

But it's time to make the change.

We deserve for the Voice of the Vols to be great again. We earned it. We are still here fighting for our guys, our school, after being tossed aside and ignored. We deserve Randy, Donde, Danny, Josh, all of this great coaching staff and VFL's that give their all for Tennessee. They deserve our total support and we deserve theirs.

Somewhere, there is a man who has prepared and waited his whole life for the opportunity to be the Voice of the Vols heard around the world. Think big. Let the Lord raise up the right guy. May it be as obvious to the leadership as it was to hire Josh, Rick Barnes and Tony Voltello.

The only thing that isn’t in Tennessee favor is

Georgia Saturday
Most likely Bama in the SECCG
And one of the two in the playoff again.

Beating Bama 3 times will be tough.
If we were to beat Bama again in the SEC championship..they ain't getting in the playoffs for us to play three times.
It's a pop culture term. . . strange how certain phrases get popular for a little while like that.
That dumb follower 💩 gets on my nerves...everybody just trying to be one of the cool kids saying the cool stuff.

Back in the early 90s I was gonna get some cool tats...and then it seemed like everybody everywhere started doing it...so I never did.

I liked the segment he did with Josh Ward there. Now that I think about it—he has the name, so why not Josh Ward as the Voice and Swain doing color? I would absolutely listen to that over any TV broadcast.

We have the #1 team, the #1 stadium, the #1 atmosphere, the #1 fan base, the #1 program across the board…let’s complete this.
I like Josh Ward but I don't think he has the energy in his personality to be the voice of the Vols. Need someone that can be exciting to listen to.

He is a special guy, and he obviously has a great teaching staff...he was also absolutely gifted Rodney Garner which is absolutely huge..

This is not miraculous, to say that is to deny the great solid work of pure development these guys have done, but it is also a series of fortunate events that will not be easily repeated everywhere.

Not just anybody could do this

I think DW having worked with and previously hired Josh Heupel is also a big part of it. Usually a new AD making their first big hire you don't have a built-in relationship of trust like they have for one another.

I liked the segment he did with Josh Ward there. Now that I think about it—he has the name, so why not Josh Ward as the Voice and Swain doing color? I would absolutely listen to that over any TV broadcast.

We have the #1 team, the #1 stadium, the #1 atmosphere, the #1 fan base, the #1 program across the board…let’s complete this.
I like that idea. It seems Ward has the voice for it.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back