Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly wouldn't be the first coach we've played against this year to feel the pressure and aggressively go for it in spots where he probably otherwise wouldn't.
You know you're a good team when the talk leading into all the games is how the other teams will try to adjust to what you do. We just play OUR game every week.

I also think Nolan Smith being out is big for the puppy defense. I know they don't have many sacks, but isn't he their sack leader? And Jalen Carter is coming off of an injury. It's gonna suck for him when he gets caught on the field because our tempo doesn't allow for subs. I think we beat them even if their defense is healthy, but their defense isn't healthy.
I think it'll be a shootout like Bama. For the first time ever though, they have to play a near perfect game to beat us as long as we also play to our potential. Usually we have to hope they beat themselves, but this time we have to beat ourselves or they have to play perfectly in order to win.

Dang I hope he is wrong...he pretty much nailed my fears for this game 😞 now that he spoken them out loud and very coherently...I am kind of depressed.

I want my thoughts to be wrong...badly wrong.

No talking heads saying anything should sway your mind. They’re good. We’re good. They’re defending champs. Pressure is on them. Hardly anyone repeats. Sack up, Uly.

I'd call Oregon a real offense, but that was in the first game of the season and it's really the only good offense they've faced.

They didn't play Oregon last week. They got them in game #1 with it being their HC's first game, first time with a new QB, new OC...just not the same. And Oregon's padding stats in a weak conference. And not even the better teams in their conference either.

They've beaten Eastern Washington (FCS), Cal (3-5), Arizona (3-5), Stanford (3-5), Washington State (4-4), BYU (4-5) and UCLA (7-1) so I'd question Oregon's offense, but even then they have put up the 2nd most yards on Georgia this season and it was Bo Nix's worst game of the year.

I have a story.

I went to the Alabama game with my wife. This little diminutive Alabama pipsqueak sits in front of us. He does the typical passive aggressive visitor fan thing when he claps extra hard while standing up and looking around at everybody in the section. He does this every time Alabama gets a three yard run or some other minor play. Super annoying. He then proceeds to taunt the Tennessee fan in front of him who is probably 6'-3" and 240 lbs. and pretty jacked. The jacked dude is drunk and turns around and puts both hands on the pipsqueak's face and says, "Don't start it if you don't wanna finish it, buddy!" The Alabama pipsqueak then leaves for most of the rest of the game. He only returns to his seat once Alabama gets ahead after the fumble recovery for a touchdown. Then we win, and I don't see him again.

I don't see him again... until this past Saturday at the Kentucky game! The exact same guy sits down in front of me. AND HE IS WEARING ORANGE AND SINGING ROCKY TOP! What the absolute f*** is going on here?!?! Am I being punked?

I have a story.

I went to the Alabama game with my wife. This little diminutive Alabama pipsqueak sits in front of us. He does the typical passive aggressive visitor fan thing when he claps extra hard while standing up and looking around at everybody in the section. He does this every time Alabama gets a three yard run or some other minor play. Super annoying. He then proceeds to taunt the Tennessee fan in front of him who is probably 6'-3" and 240 lbs. and pretty jacked. The jacked dude is drunk and turns around and puts both hands on the pipsqueak's face and says, "Don't start it if you don't wanna finish it, buddy!" The Alabama pipsqueak then leaves for most of the rest of the game. He only returns to his seat once Alabama gets ahead after the fumble recovery for a touchdown. Then we win, and I don't see him again.

I don't see him again... until this past Saturday at the Kentucky game! The exact same guy sits down in front of me. AND HE IS WEARING ORANGE AND SINGING ROCKY TOP! What the absolute f*** is going on here?!?! Am I being punked?
Weird. Did you confront him about it?

This surprises me that WVLT ran with this headline given their relationship with the Tennessee AD. All they had to do was add one line, "former". Vol twitter needs to roast them.

Edit: the video is gone.
Same thing happened over here in West Tennessee with the story of Jeremy Banks’ arrest a couple of years ago. My friends sent me a screenshot of the tweet but the story was removed from the local news station in Memphis that tweeted it. What the heck is going on?

AE1971B9-BCC9-4CEB-9CF7-BA988C529386.jpeg

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
i heard that segment as well. They were triggered but Sanford has never been the most intimidating place even when they are great.

Also, playing man all day and trying to get pressure is dangerous as hell when you're playing UT right now.

I was in Sanford for the Auburn blackout game 10+ years ago. They would cheer on 3rd down defense and that’s about it. Most sections have a lot of old timers who sit on their hands the whole game. I’m sure it will be louder than normal but they don’t have the same culture of standing and screaming as we do.

Same thing happened over here in West Tennessee with the story of Jeremy Banks’ arrest a couple of years ago. My friends sent me a screenshot of the tweet but the story was removed from the local news station in Memphis that tweeted it. What the heck is going on?

View attachment 509591
Good Lord PLEASE do not scare me like this.

I also think Nolan Smith being out is big for the puppy defense. I know they don't have many sacks, but isn't he their sack leader? And Jalen Carter is coming off of an injury. It's gonna suck for him when he gets caught on the field because our tempo doesn't allow for subs. I think we beat them even if their defense is healthy, but their defense isn't healthy.

Georgia is the lowest sack team in the SEC with only 10 sacks on the season. Nolan Smith accounted for 3 of those. Tennessee allows the fewest sacks. It’s very favorable for UT in the trenches on passing downs. A lot of us are concerned about Georgia’s DB’s holding our WR’s and getting away with it, but Hooker should be given plenty time to scan the field and if someone doesn’t eventually get open, he can scramble for 5-10 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back