Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta sports talk was interesting just now. They’re saying that UGA at #3 and Erik Ainge’s tweet about Sanford not being loud is rat poison and just what Smart needs to motivate the team. No one has played TN like UGA will as they plan to put pressure on our WRs to slow them down. It’s also the biggest recruiting weekend in UGA history so they want to impress the visitors.

However, his final statement was about tickets. The 3rd party brokerage told him that in the past week a major push for expensive tickets took place and that all of the IP addresses for the buyers were Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. He expects the Vols could bring up to 20k people so be ready for orange.
I don't see how GA or bowl cut could be any more fired up by yesterday than what they already were. (I know fans talk like that.)

Hope that is true about the tickets. I have seen two Vols wins there and it is a great place to win!

I am concerned about them holding our receivers.

Atlanta sports talk was interesting just now. They’re saying that UGA at #3 and Erik Ainge’s tweet about Sanford not being loud is rat poison and just what Smart needs to motivate the team. No one has played TN like UGA will as they plan to put pressure on our WRs to slow them down. It’s also the biggest recruiting weekend in UGA history so they want to impress the visitors.

However, his final statement was about tickets. The 3rd party brokerage told him that in the past week a major push for expensive tickets took place and that all of the IP addresses for the buyers were Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. He expects the Vols could bring up to 20k people so be ready for orange.

A couple points on this. I will give Georgia their due for winning the national championship last year and getting the Alabama monkey behind them. Historically for the past 30 years, Georgia players and coaches in general haven't been mentally tough. Did last year change that? Maybe, but my gut tells me it didn't.

All of the "rat poison" can be a great motivation for Georgia. But when they hit adversity in this game, and they will hit adversity. Does Georgia fall back into their old ways of choking in the big moment, or do they carry last years mindset and focus?

I feel midway through the 3rd quarter, doubt starts creeping into the Georgia players' minds, and by the start of the 4th Tennessee hits them with some sweet chin music.

Hahaha. Orange dog, shower discipline, opportunity is nowhere, flabby flexing pics, crowder 5, 13 players on the field, Music City Bowl game ending, beating UGA and FL only for the team to fall apart at SCar, McDonalds bags, coaches punching players, former coaches smoking cigars on TSiO…….

What a nightmare. Feels good to look at all of that and laugh.

Love this team and look forward to them stacking more wins on the way to 15-0.

1667399800887.png

DT only one putting in work.

Edit: and JRM. Trey OTH… built like a grizzly from birth.

Last edited:

Two things you don't want to do going into a game with these Vols.

1. wait until Wednesday on game week to find what you need to motivate your team
2. put pressure on WRs to slow them down

Bru (6'3" 220lbs), Tillman (6'3" 215lbs), Keyton (6'3" 195lbs) & Hyatt (4.3 speed) want nothing more than their CB to try and pressure them. Ask Alabama how well it works.

I'll give Stoops some credit, it didn't help them a ton and Kentucky still gave up a few big plays trying to switch slower players on to Hyatt. But he played a lot of cover 2 and zone in the secondary and tried to make us slow down and have to run the ball more. They gave up a 55 yard TD to Hyatt and a 31 yard TD, the only other big play was a 35 yard run from Wright. Granted our defense and special teams kept our starting field position extremely short the whole night so we didn't really have much to travel to get TDs. But forcing more long drives and limiting big plays is probably the smart way to slow this team down.

I think trying to pressure Hooker or the WRs isn't the smart way, one guy gets beat and you're watching a long play.

These former players out here daring UGA fans.

We ain't scared. That's the difference. We're elite and we know it.

It's like that SEC shorts video where before TN fans were afraid to talk back to the smack talk from other fanbases. Not anymore. Vols are back.

we play on a silent count at home, we play fast and UGA is gonna be the team that needs to communicate on defense. The noise thing is being overblown.

Besides, this place isn’t LSU, the Swamp or Kyle Field.

Byron Young said a few weeks ago he likes playing on the road Bc he can actually hear lol

This is why it will be important for HH to get about 60 yards rushing. UGA will try to hammer the wr so they can use safeties in the box. Also why a wheel route from Fant or Small will be a big gainer. We will probably see more stacked formations to make it an easy release on the outside too. At the end of the day their defense is at the bottom of the league in sacks and tfl, that bodes well for our offense

Go watch this game right now.

PLEASE tell me what scares you about this UGA team. I didn't see anything other than Bowers/Washington, and that's just because they're big and physical.

This is not last year. This will be a multiple score win for us in Athens. They can't score with us.

Go watch this game right now.

PLEASE tell me what scares you about this UGA team. I didn't see anything other than Bowers/Washington, and that's just because they're big and physical.

I honestly could see our game ending like this one, but with us on top. Our execution is on point right now.

tenor.gif

I think the tree fell off the pollen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back