Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If UGA fans and whatnot think they're playing the same team as last year, they're in for a rude awakening.
That is what Kentucky’s coaches, players and fanbase all thought. That is why they thought they were going to win, they actually thought we were lucky to beat them the year before just because they had so many "busts"...🤣

Atlanta sports talk was interesting just now. They’re saying that UGA at #3 and Erik Ainge’s tweet about Sanford not being loud is rat poison and just what Smart needs to motivate the team. No one has played TN like UGA will as they plan to put pressure on our WRs to slow them down. It’s also the biggest recruiting weekend in UGA history so they want to impress the visitors.

However, his final statement was about tickets. The 3rd party brokerage told him that in the past week a major push for expensive tickets took place and that all of the IP addresses for the buyers were Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. He expects the Vols could bring up to 20k people so be ready for orange.
A good friend of mine texted me last night and said he found 2 tickets through his company. He’s from Washington so he doesn’t follow college football as much but knew I would like to go. It’ll be the biggest game I’ve ever been to. Been to a lot, but not one like this.

Thanks. I didn’t know that because I just scanned the article quickly when it came out. As others have stated before, avoid those types of words because a) you should and b) even if you don’t agree with “a”, there are likely to be consequences.
Yeah, from what some folks have said out here, this was just the easy reason used to fire him. The best part of it for me has been watching the internal dysfunction and knowing we don’t have to deal with this type of stuff anymore.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Atlanta sports talk was interesting just now. They’re saying that UGA at #3 and Erik Ainge’s tweet about Sanford not being loud is rat poison and just what Smart needs to motivate the team. No one has played TN like UGA will as they plan to put pressure on our WRs to slow them down. It’s also the biggest recruiting weekend in UGA history so they want to impress the visitors.

However, his final statement was about tickets. The 3rd party brokerage told him that in the past week a major push for expensive tickets took place and that all of the IP addresses for the buyers were Nashville, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. He expects the Vols could bring up to 20k people so be ready for orange.

I call BS on this. Seriously doubt a third party brokerage firm cares to track down 20k IP addresses of buyers

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s at least 15000 Tennessee fans there

A good friend of mine texted me last night and said he found 2 tickets through his company. He’s from Washington so he doesn’t follow college football as much but knew I would like to go. It’ll be the biggest game I’ve ever been to. Been to a lot, but not one like this.

I work for a company. I am going to start looking around to see if I can find any tickets here!

Just kidding. That is awesome! Enjoy the game and bring us home a VICTORY!

So many times this season the one words I can muster up are, "I just can't believe this is all real"

Un. Be. Lievable.

And somebody over at UT better be putting the finishing touches on a lotto-winning-sized check (both in physical size and dollar size) and be ready to hand it to Heuple about 4 hours ago. Damnit.

I wish I could personally write a 7-figure check to every player and coach on this team. Since I’m one of the not-rich though, they will just have to accept my sincere gratitude.

I call BS on this. Seriously doubt a third party brokerage firm cares to track down 20k IP addresses of buyers

A 3rd party brokerage, that would be StubHub, Ticketmaster, VividSeats etc. websites aren't doing anything extra to track that sort of data down. With geotargeting being so present in marketing that sort of data is always captured for online purchasing, because it's very easy to gather. Although I'm not sure HOW the sports talk show host would know those numbers.

It’s not nearly as difficult as you think. They are likely already gathering IP info and storing that location data anyways for advertising purposes. They could likely get that information with one query.

I remember sitting in the UC eating lunch the day before we played Arkansas in 98. I was reading an article in the Beacon about that being the biggest weekend in UT sports history. We had (if I remember correctly) a top 5 women’s team, a top 10 men’s team, and the #1 football team all playing that weekend. We were on top of the world.

Over the years I’ve thought back to that article and wondered where it all went wrong. Now we are back, and I’m confident it will stay this way for awhile. Now you can throw in other sports to boot. We have real leadership across the board.

what-why.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back