Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please answer this. Why do Arkansas fans refer to Tennessee as “Tenner”? That is the only fanbase that does.

A lot of SEC fans say Tenner and Bammer and add an -er to whatever school they're referencing as a mild jab. I think it's mocking a dialect but they're mistaken about ours. I've seen them do TenneRsee as well. While it's true some dialects/accents in the area can add -r to words no one does this with Tennessee. Morons are trying to fit their own regional variations into ours. It makes no sense as that pronunciation isn't native to us and is actually more common further South but they're attempting to mock an accent.

I've heard people say this is the biggest game since 2007. Ok, maybe. That was for the SEC championship...but beyond that not much.

Win this game and in yer in the got dang PLAYOFFS 100%.

Conference titles are ok I guess...but ask Georgia if they'd trade 5 of em for their natty last year. Hell no.

We have a chance of playing for the whole daggum thing if we win Saturday...and maybe even if we don't...

No talking heads saying anything should sway your mind. They’re good. We’re good. They’re defending champs. Pressure is on them. Hardly anyone repeats. Sack up, Uly.
It ain't got a f'n thing to do with "sacking up"....I try to be objective with analyzing our games, and unlike most everybody else I don't assume facing the opponent at their worst, instead I assume them playing at their best.

Best on best this game is a toss-up imo on a neutral site...this game however is not at a neutral site.

We have to play our best and hope to force them into playing below theirs.

We can win this game, but they are favored by nearly everybody that is not a Vol for good reasons.

One thing I keep coming back to...we have STILL not played our best game, so maybe this will be it.

None of that is unreasonable, it is the truth and I am not afraid of the truth.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
It is still a line of scrimmage league –

I don’t know what the hell we did to Alabama’s run game but it may have been a legitimate war crime. They were #1 in the nation in rushing yards per attempt before they faced our defense. Their rush yards per attempt against us ranked #100 in the nation. What we did was more devastating than that because the next week they could only muster 1.07 yards per attempt against Mississippi State. Even after that amazing performance by MSU’s run defense Football Outsiders has the MSU DL ranked #99 against the run. Wait, that’s not all. Alabama’s rushing offense was so good in yards per attempt before they came to Neyland that even with their devastating performances against Tennessee and MSU they are still #1 in the country for rushing yards per attempt on offense.

Maybe they’re still scared and/or dealing with anxiety issues but it could be a case where the good guys hit the bully in the mouth so hard that he’s just run away and don’t want to play no more. Now any normal red-blooded human being might feel some empathy or compassion for the struggles our southern neighbors are enduring but the simple fact is the color of our blood isn’t actually red and I don’t know anyone, especially not the good folks in this thread, that gives a damn about the whole state of Alabama. It is what it is. jmo.

Our offensive line was warned about BJ Ojulari going into Death Valley at LSU. We were doubly warned about Will Anderson when the Crimson Tide rolled into Neyland. With Nolan Smith ruled out at Georgia we’re going to need a new guy to be warned about. I don’t think it’s going to be Jalen Carter. I think Heupel, Golesh, and Hooker may make it a liability for Kirby to have Jalen on the field. Georgia, as was pointed out in the preseason, is very young up front with mostly freshmen and sophomores filling out their rotation. They lost their entire secondary from 2020 to the NFL draft in 2021 so last year their DL carried the entire team. Those guys are gone now. Their secondary this year, mostly back from ’21, was torched by Tennessee more last year than anyone else on their schedule besides Bryce Young and Alabama. Georgia’s pass defense seems to be doing about the same this year as it was last year before they faced Tennessee and Tennessee’s pass offense is light years more formidable this year than last.

As I’ve previous posted with regards to pass rush metrics the EPA for a QBH is 0.41 points and for a sack the EPA is 1.47 points. Based on reported statistics, we lead the conference in terms of pass rush EPA at 7.15 points per game. Georgia is dead last at 2.81 points per game. Alabama is at 5.92 ppg and LSU is at 4.41 ppg.

About our rushing offense, I wrote this on April 5th of this year.

As with the Alabama game I think it’s highly likely that whoever wins the line of scrimmage wins this game. jmo.

It's a legit war crime that I can only like this post once.

The loser could lose their Top 4 spot due to the subjectivity of others. This really is a playoff game in the regular season. Having so many top recruits in Athens will benefit UT, as well.

Rucker made a great point about this and history supports it. Starting out #1 is huge, it's like being ahead of the curve. We already have a great resume to keep us up, win or lose. UGA does not. They NEED this game to get in. We do not necessarily.

History: Miss St lost after being #1 and dropped to just #4. They were their own undoing by also losing to Ole Miss in their final game to kick them out of the top 4.

More Atlanta sports talk. I caught part of Dukes and Bell and Bell was discussing Sanford stadium. He said in his 25 years in Atlanta that Sanford has really been rocking only about 5 times and he wouldn’t consider those to be intimidating environments either. Dukes kept telling him, “Don’t say it, don’t go there!” But he kept on by describing the wealthy, southern belle accented “Well, I do declare” fan that sits on their hands the whole game. That’s what I also saw in my few times attending. It will be more raucous than usual, for them, but not like Neyland.

I must be missing the brawl. I see too coaches (?) play fighting and HS kids trying to separate them. There's got to be more to this than that particular footage. Maybe a backstory we don't know about? I've seen far worse during UGA-UF games.
It's all over when the coaches start fighting. You can't come back from that

I welcome any and all aboard. UT is the Belle of the ball right now but for many folks it might be the first time they've fallen in love with a college team. A lot of us take for granted either being raised a fan or becoming a Vol as a student but think about how a lot of us wound up fans of various pro teams. For many it was as simple as falling in love with a team or a player and becoming attached to it.

When I was a kid, I was a huge Reds fan because I was a fan of Pete Rose. I played 1st base and occasionally short stop or third on my softball team and in my little kid mind Rose as a player and manager was the best. My best friend was a Braves fan and one of my cousins a Yankees fan (and not when they were in their super dominant form although the Yankees have always had the weight of history) but we all had different reasons for being fans of our teams but ultimately all of us being from E. TN simply picked a team that caught our eye or really liked a player on that team. I don't follow baseball now but that has more to do with me refusing to watch once Rose was banned (always felt the punishment was too much for the crime) and the baseball strike pushing back the season than anything else. Otherwise I'd probably still be at least a casual fan and the Reds would've likely stayed my team.

Tennessee is playing an exciting brand of football right now and the passion of our fanbase is unrivaled. People are going to be drawn in and I think we should welcome them. Once a college team gets its hooks into you it's hard to step away. There's too much to the connections we make to one another and the fandom we share for it to be any other way. We have new family about to join us - this season is their baptism and many of them will be a part of our family from now on. To me, that's exciting!
I hope all the lurkers start posting and the people who just visit take a couple minutes and create a VN account and join the discussions. If there was ever a time to make new friends on VolNation, it's now!

It ain't got a f'n thing to do with "sacking up"....I try to be objective with analyzing our games, and unlike most everybody else I don't assume facing the opponent at their worst, instead I assume them playing at their best.

Best on best this game is a toss-up imo on a neutral site...this game however is not at a neutral site.

We can win this game, but they are favored by nearly everybody that is not a Vol for good reasons.

One thing I keep coming back to...we have STILL not played our best game, so maybe this will be it.

This is for your own good...

giphy.gif

One thing you're failing to realize is that when we play well, we score so many points that we DO force our opponents into playing below their best level. They feel intense pressure to score TD's on every drive, and that leads to poor strategic coaching decisions and poor decision making by the opposing QB.

*McGill entering the chat...*

0PFdBlD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back